The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-22-2015, 11:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Ambassador of Colombia in Spain, President Juan Manuel Santos will make a State Visit from March 1 to 3.

El embajador de Colombia presenta a pymes españolas un "oasis" para invertir

King Felipe and Queen Letizia

State Visit of Their Excellencies the President of the Republic of Colombia, Juan Manuel Santos Calderon and Mrs. Santos

Welcome ceremony at El Pardo Palace

Lunch at Zarzuela Palace

Gala dinner at the Royal Palace

Reception hosted by the President of Colombia at El Pardo Palace

http://www.casareal.es/ES/Actividade...spx?data=12291

Old 03-01-2015, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

First pic

Angie Rigueiro @AngieRigueiro En el Palacio Real de El Prado.Los Reyes reciben al presidente de Colombia y a su mujer. @A3Noticias https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_AdCezXIAAEv8C.jpg:large

Old 03-01-2015, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 03-01-2015, 11:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Old 03-01-2015, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

It is nice that the King receives his guests at El Pardo, so much better than La Zarzuela (which is on the same compound). I find the Queen not distictincive enough, she is not recognizable as "the Queen" as Queen Elizabeth, Queen Silvia or Queen Máxima are during official or ceremonial events.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Old 03-02-2015, 02:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Queen Letizia looks elegant as she welcomes the Colombian president's wife to Spain | Daily Mail Online

Do we know if Letizia has a solo event with the Colombian First Lady? That's the way it always was with Sofia.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is nice that the King receives his guests at El Pardo, so much better than La Zarzuela (which is on the same compound). I find the Queen not distictincive enough, she is not recognizable as "the Queen" as Queen Elizabeth, Queen Silvia or Queen Máxima are during official or ceremonial events.
I believe that nearly all Welcoming Ceremonies for State Visits are held at the El Pardo though I'm sure there were a few exceptions where they arrived at Zarzuela in the past.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger

More pics from yesterday

PPE Agency ** PPE Agency

Hola: La Reina y la Primera Dama de Colombia, duelo de elegancia en Palacio

Diez Minutos: Los Reyes, anfitriones del presidente de la república de Colombia - Diez Minutos
Old 03-02-2015, 10:24 AM
Royal Highness

Tiara that will use the Queen Letizia today at the reception at the Royal Palace?
Old 03-02-2015, 11:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Tiara that will use the Queen Letizia today at the reception at the Royal Palace?
Probably the Floral tiara, or possibly, the Prussian one. I would be (pleasantly) surprised if she pulls out the larger Fleur-de-L tiara.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

First picture:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_HdslxXIAILCFb.jpg
Old 03-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Floral tiara
It used to be my favourite one and now I almost hate it...

Old 03-02-2015, 04:13 PM
Serene Highness

A good close-up of the Queen Letizia:
Queen Letizia of Spain receives the President of Colombia Juan Manuel... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images
And a breathtaking view of the Throne Room:
Queen Letizia of Spain Maria Clemencia Rodriguez de Santos President... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images

Regarding the Floral Tiara: I do believe it is appropriatly modest for a state visit from a country with a president. As much as I would like to see the La Buena, I reckon it will be put to use during a state visit to or from a country with a fellow crowned head of state. (Of course, it would be amazing if said state visit were to or from the Netherlands. Tee hee :) )
Old 03-02-2015, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

I understand very well that Letizia loves the floral tiara, it looks so good on her. She looks great, nice to see her recycle this dress.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger

"Hola" Cena de gala en el Palacio Real en honor al Presidente de Colombia
Old 03-02-2015, 04:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
A good close-up of the Queen Letizia:
Queen Letizia of Spain receives the President of Colombia Juan Manuel... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images
And a breathtaking view of the Throne Room:
Queen Letizia of Spain Maria Clemencia Rodriguez de Santos President... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images

Regarding the Floral Tiara: I do believe it is appropriatly modest for a state visit from a country with a president. As much as I would like to see the La Buena, I reckon it will be put to use during a state visit to or from a country with a fellow crowned head of state. (Of course, it would be amazing if said state visit were to or from the Netherlands. Tee hee :) )
I wouldn't count on it: Letizia went to the Dutch inauguration wearing the Floral tiara

Tags
spain, spanish royals, state visit, state visit from colombia, state visit to spain