State Visit from Chile to Spain: October 29-30, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
great news, i guess then that this will be the first visit felipe and letizia host to a head of state in their country!

According to the newspaper ABC, President of Chile will pay a State Visit a on 29 and 30 October

Felipe VI - El presidente de Panam?, primer jefe de Estado que recibe el Rey - ABC.es

Bachelet will make ​​a State Visit to Spain from 29 to 30 October

Noticias de Prensa Latina - Bachelet realizará visita de Estado a España del 29 al 30 de octubre

29.10.2014 / 30.10.2014

State Visit of Her Excellency the President of the Republic of Chile, Ms.. Michelle Bachelet

The State Visit of President Bachelet to Spain begin on Wednesday, October 29th, with the official reception of King Felipe and Queen Letizia at the Pardo Royal Palace. Chilean President will visit Zarzuela Palace, where she will attend a meetting with His Majesty the King, to be followed by a lunch with King Felipe and Queen Letizia. The day will conclude with a gala dinner that king Felipe and Queen Letizia will offer in the Royal Palace in honor of President Bachelet.

On Thursday, October 30, President Bachelet will host a reception at Pardo Royal Palace in honor of Their Majesties.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Visita de Estado de Su Excelencia la Presidenta de la República de Chile, Sra. Michelle Bachelet Jeria

Last edited by a moderator:
Official Visit or State Visit?
(aka: Tiaras or not)
BYe Bine

Official Visit or State Visit?
(aka: Tiaras or not)
BYe Bine

It might be confirmed at a later stage since some reports are saying its a state visit and others an official visit.

Thank you to all for sharing the arrival videos and photos from the visit.

They might have been waiting for Michele Bachelet, the well-respected President of Chile, but Spain's King Felipe and Queen Letizia only had eyes for each other.
As they stood on the red carpet outside the El Pardo Palace awaiting Ms Bachelet, the couple, who married in 2004, exchanged loving glances - and continued to do so long after the South American premier had made her entrance.
Later, the pair stood side by side as they took a salute from the guard of honour laid on for Ms Bachelet who was making her first visit to Spain since being elected president in March.

Felipe and Letizia only have eyes for each other as they welcome Chilean president | Daily Mail Online

I am relieved that the new king kept the dress code to white tie. It seems that he changed the picture policy, showing photos of the entertainment and the speech.

Queen Letizia looks very elegant, I love it. But I miss good old Sofia, it used to be very nice to have two glittering ladies at the State Banquets.

Queen Letizia looks very elegant, I love it. But I miss good old Sofia, it used to be very nice to have two glittering ladies at the State Banquets.

Yes I agree,it would have been nice to see Queen Sofia but I guess in reality this is Letizia's time to shine on her own.

In the Netherlands Princess Beatrix still attends the State Banquets and there is no sign that she's undermining her son and daughter-in-law's authority. She's just lovingly and respectfully supporting them.

But I guess that this would not work in Spain. Things somehow work differently there und I understand that JC and Sofia did not attend.

In the Netherlands Princess Beatrix still attends the State Banquets and there is no sign that she's undermining her son and daughter-in-law's authority. She's just lovingly and respectfully supporting them.

But I guess that this would not work in Spain. Things somehow work differently there und I understand that JC and Sofia did not attend.

The Netherlands is unique,in Spain it was just King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia tonight.

I think Queen Letizia looks beautiful. The dress by Carolina Herrera is georgeous.

Video from the Presidency of Chile's page, with quite a good shooting of the gorgeous Gala Dinner Room of the Royal Palace (I've been there and it's impressive ;))

http://noticiastv.gov.cl/tv/2014-10-29-TV_Cena_Ofrecida_Majestades_Reyes_España.mp4

I think Queen Letizia's dress looks very nice in motion.

Great video, thank you for the link! Many royal houses could learn from this kind of quality.
A very elegant trio: Felipe, Letizia and the president.
It was so nice to see photos of the concert also.

Glamorous in a black lace gown and a sparkling diamond tiara, Spain's Queen Letizia was every inch the royal style icon as she arrived for a state dinner in Madrid last night.
The event, which was held to honour Michelle Bachelet, the visiting President of Chile, took place in the Zarzuela Palace.
Ms Bachelet, who was elected in March, also chose a glamorous lace get-up, albeit in elegant grey rather than dramatic black.

Queen Letizia glitters in diamonds at dinner in honour of the Chilean president | Daily Mail Online

Letizia looked wonderful at the state dinner, and I adore her tiara. I like how we're having more state visits lately (so far, we have King WA and Queen Maxima of the Netherlands in Japan, King Felipe and Queen Letizia receiving Chile and the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall in Columbia and then Mexico), as that means there'll be more tiara appearances.

On a side note, the Daily Mail seem to be massive fans of Letizia at the moment. They never used to have articles about her, but only recently have they been noticing that Europe has monarchies too. ;)

I must be honest: I didn't like lace on that black dress: too gloomy and sombre... The make up seemed to channel Snowhite

Back
Top Bottom