The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-22-2017, 04:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Can anyone identify the collar that HM The King is wearing ?
It's the Order of the Liberator General San Martin, the same that Letizia is wearing.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
It's the Order of the Liberator General San Martin, the same that Letizia is wearing.
How ironic that the King of Spain would wear an order named after a general who led a war of independence against one of his ancestors !

Old 02-22-2017, 04:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
How ironic that the King of Spain would wear an order named after a general who led a rebellion against one of his ancestors !
It's just an order. Juan Carlos wore it too.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

If we're going to be nitpicky with the orders name, the President has got the Order of Isabella the Catholic

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 02-22-2017, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Have we ever before seen so many pics from a SV to Spain? It's gorgeous to see more than a few stiff pics of the hosts and guests in front of a wall. I think we see a new approach to the media here.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

https://www.rexfeatures.com/search/?...uester=&iprs=f

Old 02-22-2017, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

State Banquet at the Palacio Real

PPE Agency
Old 02-22-2017, 07:39 PM
Majesty

Fantastic day time outfits for letizia and Juliana awada. They even matched in colour and hairstyle. Perfect!

Same for the gala, with letizia scoring highly for using a heavy gun tiara! I second that the tiara is unfortunately too big for letizias tiny frame. I'm glad she used it finally though! Had the idea we would never see it on her.

However odd timing to use it! I would have expected it to be used in some event with foreign royalty who would all wear tiaras rather than to a state visit with a republic country whose First Lady won't use any tiaras. It completely overshadows the guests so unfortunately this was not the perfect time to debut it in my opinion. Queen Margrethes 75th birthday bash, the state visit to Japan which is coming or the one which was supposed to take place in the uk would have been the right environment to use it!

Julianas gala dress is less impressive but nice enough.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:15 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post

However odd timing to use it! I would have expected it to be used in some event with foreign royalty who would all wear tiaras rather than to a state visit with a republic country whose First Lady won't use any tiaras. It completely overshadows the guests so unfortunately this was not the perfect time to debut it in my opinion. Queen Margrethes 75th birthday bash, the state visit to Japan which is coming or the one which was supposed to take place in the uk would have been the right environment to use it!
That was my same thought as well, odd timing.

Nevertheless, Letizia totally surprised me with the tiara yet looked lovely.

Argentina's first lady looked very nice, I honestly didn't think she would disappoint, she is an elegant lady.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Day 2

Los Reyes invitan al Presidente y la Primera Dama de Argentina a ARCO
Old 02-23-2017, 06:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Be still my heart, the events are not yet over! This State Visit is a gift that keeps on giving

Letizia looks AMAZING, today she clearly outshines Juliana Awada (who looked very much her match during both events yesterday)
Old 02-23-2017, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

State Visit Day 2

PPE

PPE Agency
Old 02-23-2017, 09:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Excellent rapport between Letizia and the First Lady of Argentina also today, this video is great:
https://twitter.com/fpaniaguaocr/sta...07137800585216

Old 02-23-2017, 11:15 AM
Administrator

What a headline..

** dailymail: The girl crush goes on! Queen Letizia and Argentina's First Lady continue to bond at an art fair in Madrid.. **
Old 02-23-2017, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

There were a couple of nice-funny moments at the toasts and speeches.

First, after thanking TM and Spain for the welcoming and stating that he and his wife had felt at home throught all their time in Spain, President Macri told they had found a new problem: their daughter Antonia, 5, now does not want to leave El Pardo palace and wants to live there forever. And they're having a hard time dealing with that, as he noted while the audience laughed

(I didn't know their daughter was with them, it's nice that they travel as a family. Imagine how exciting must the life of a "First Child" be )

ETA: Ops, video from this:

The Argentinean President delivered a good and warm speech, with no reading at all which was nice, he seemed quite approachable, IMO. The second funny moment went when he finished his speech and started the toast... picking the water glass. Thoughtful Letizia inmediately pointed it out to him, saving him from make a water toast and the consequent bad fortune call!

Somebody in Tumblr made gifs out of that part:
Realeza Española

Although you can see it too at the end of the video in this post

Old 02-23-2017, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Tiara

Someone mentioned upthread their surprise at seeing this tiara at a visit where the guest would not be wearing one. I saw it as a compliment to the visitors that the Queen would wear it. If I'm ever invited to such an occasion, I would like for the royal ladies to bring out their best jewels!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-23-2017, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Someone mentioned upthread their surprise at seeing this tiara at a visit where the guest would not be wearing one. I saw it as a compliment to the visitors that the Queen would wear it. If I'm ever invited to such an occasion, I would like for the royal ladies to bring out their best jewels!
I agree, it make the event even more important and I think make the guests to feel good. Of course I thought about Juliana not able t use a tiara, but she could have had a small piece of jewelry on her hair, may be something traditional from argentina, it had to be made special for the occasion, like a brooch set on her hair like Princess Mary does. may be with diamonds and lapizlazu or rodocrosita, typical stones from Argentina.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Return dinner

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5X8S4bWMAEb7We.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5X8S4dWcAEXMl4.jpg

Old 02-23-2017, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Oh dear Lord what is Letizia wearing,it looks like an apron

Tags
state visit, state visit from argentina, state visit to spain