State Visit from Argentina to Spain: February 21-25

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i wonder what maxima thinks about the rather deplorable administration of her country by the current president macri... :whistling: (not that the current presidents have been much better, so i guess this is an endless topic of discussion)

being the professional queen she is, we will never know but i hope she takes advantage of the private moments of the state visit to discuss the matter.

Veering off the topic ...

:previous:
It will be totally inappropriate for Queen Maxima to discuss ways President Macri manages Argentina. Unlike President Fernández de Kirchner, President Macri is viewed favourably by democratic regimes. That gives him a considerable latitude in managing the country.

I am looking forward to seeing Seniora Awada as she has an impeccable taste in fashion.

Last edited:
I am quite sure that Queen Máxima - as most of her socio-economic class - had a distaste for both the Kirchners. Fortunately HM knows that such feelings should not be made public.

i wonder what maxima thinks about the rather deplorable administration of her country by the current president macri... :whistling: (not that the current presidents have been much better, so i guess this is an endless topic of discussion)

being the professional queen she is, we will never know but i hope she takes advantage of the private moments of the state visit to discuss the matter.
Queen Máxima not meet the argentian President at this State visit as it is a State Visit to Spain. She will meet him a month later in March when he pays a State Visit to the Netherlands

I wounder we will have a programm with Leti and the first Lady of Argentinia.

Really looking forward to this State Visit next week!

It will be totally inappropriate for Queen Maxima to discuss ways President Macri manages Argentina. Unlike President Fernández de Kirchner, President Macri is viewed favourably by democratic regimes. That gives him a considerable latitude in managing the country.

sorry - i must have misread as i thought this was the thread for the visit to the netherlands (where they will travel later in the year), not to spain. of course, maxima's view does not matter publicly in any case but i am sure that, like most argentinians around the world, she has views on it.

i agree though, that macri is a step up from the kirchners, although unfortunately lagging behind other presidents of other democracies worldwide.

in any case, i am looking forward to the visit.

State Visit of Their Excellencies the President of the Argentine Republic, Mr. Mauricio Macri, and Mrs. Juliana Awada
Madrid

Official reception at the Royal Palace of Madrid (The protocol has been changed and for the first time the welcome ceremony of a Head of State will be in the Royal Palace and not the Pardo Palace)

Lunch at Zarzuela Palace

Gala dinner at the Royal Palace

Inauguration the 36th edition of the International Contemporary Art Fair - ARCOmadrid

President of Argentina and Mrs. Juliana Awada will offer a reception in honor of Their Majesties at Pardo Palace

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Visita de Estado de Sus Excelencias el Presidente de la República Argentina, Sr. Mauricio Macri, y la Sra. Juliana Awada

Last edited:
State Visit of Their Excellencies the President of the Argentine Republic, Mr. Mauricio Macri, and Mrs. Juliana Awada
Madrid

Official reception at the Royal Palace of Madrid (The protocol has been changed and for the first time the welcome ceremony of a Head of State will be in the Royal Palace and not the Pardo Palace)

Lunch at Zarzuela Palace

Gala dinner at the Royal Palace

Inauguration the 36th edition of the International Contemporary Art Fair - ARCOmadrid

President of Argentina and Mrs. Juliana Awada will offer a reception in honor of Their Majesties at Pardo Palace

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Visita de Estado de Sus Excelencias el Presidente de la República Argentina, Sr. Mauricio Macri, y la Sra. Juliana Awada

What is the dress code for the return reception at the Pardo Palace ?

It's up to the President and the First Lady. For the last State Visits, also from Latin American presidents, the dress code was dark suit and cocktail dress.

Looking up on Wikipedia, I noticed that some visiting presidents are awarded the Order of Isabella the Catholic while others receive the Royal Order of Charles III. What are the criteria to decide which order each visiting president gets and which order is president Macri likely to be given ?

Picture of the President and First Lady of Argentina arriving to Spain this evening:
http://www.casarosada.gob.ar/images/201702/macri_espana.jpg

She's one very stylish lady ;)

Looking up on Wikipedia, I noticed that some visiting presidents are awarded the Order of Isabella the Catholic while others receive the Royal Order of Charles III. What are the criteria to decide which order each visiting president gets and which order is president Macri likely to be given ?

Not very sure about the criteria. Maybe the usual thing is that they are granted the Order of Isabella the Catholic and the Order of Charles III (that ranks higher) is bestowed to those Heads of State towards whom Spain has a special/close relationship, or to those that already owned the Order of Isabella.

President Macri has been awarded the Collar of the Order of Isabella the Catholic by the Spanish Government, while his wife has been bestowed with the Grand Cross of the same order. Here the info:
El Gobierno condecora al presidente de Argentina en vísperas de su visita de Estado a España
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telecinco.es%2Finformativos%2Finternacional%2FGobierno-condecora-presidente-Argentina-Espana_0_2325750731.html&edit-text=&act=url

Last edited:

Thank you for the video Lula. The royal palace is an impressive background, no wonder King Felipe moved the welcome ceremony here.

Both the queen as the first lady are looking very elegant.

Well, definitely the ceremony benefits from the new scenary, the Royal Palace and surroundings are majestic.

I love how excited Felipe and Letizia were while explaining to their guests that it's the first time they do the ceremony there, right after greeting them :lol:

A lot can be overhearded, it's nice to hear the two couples interacting. Especially Letizia embracing the First Lady just after meeting her and asking how she was and how was the visit going :)

Last edited:
Where was this ceremony performed before?

Letizia looked lovely and what a coincidence that the ladies are in similar colors.
Love the palace, its a nice change for such visits.

Video from Casa Real:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITv57C_SKSU

The Ceremony is great, but the Royal Guard needs to learn how to manage with the canons' smoke :D We forgive them since its their first time. Maybe they need to find a better place fo the canons.

Back
Top Bottom