Spanish Royals at 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
King Juan Carlos, Queen Sofia, Prince Felipe, Princess Letizia, Infanta Leonor, Infanta Sofia, Infanta Elena attended an audience to the National Football Team on their victory in the FIFA World Cup "South Africa 2010 at Palacio Real in Madrid.

PPE Agency

Why may I ask has the trophy gone back to Switzerland? Do Spain get to keep the copy forever or just for the next four years?

They keep the copy forever. To get the original you have to win it three times, for example if Germany would have won they would have kept it, because they already won the trophy in 1974 and 1990. Brazil kept the last trophy ("Coupe Jules Rimet") because they won it in 1958, '62 and '70.

It`s great to see how much the royal family supports the Spanish team. Everyone was so happy and proud :ROFLMAO:. Seeing the Infantitas with the trophy was unforgetable, they are so lovely. And Leonor was very brave, holding the trophy all by herself :flowers:

Thanks everyone for the photos and videos!

CONGRATULATIONS TO SPAIN!!!

You can see here the video with the kiss::wub:
Informativos Telecinco.com - Visor de Mundial_2010

Letizia was very excited and relaxed and cheering :rose2: I have not seen her such in a long time. I like her like that...:lol:

All the Royal Family was in heaven for this achievement: the King was very emotional and beyond words, Queen Sophia ...she said before the game that "Spain will win" and that's it, no other words : she is the queen she knows ...Felipe and Letizia even kiss each other in public (not even in their wedding) so it was a special day...and little Leonor and Sophia with that cup... was a wonderful moment.
Congratulation for Spain and for all the Spanish people (and our Spanish members). Most of my fellow citizen cheered for you and celebrated after. So a big hug from them too.

these videos of the family meeting the champions are just great. i loved the way his majesty received everyone of them, so approachable and down to earth, i bet they all felt so special (even more so than they already feel, being proclaimed best players of the world!) by the way he welcomed each and everyone of them. i also loved seeing the infantas, who look thrilled to see the cup!

and the kiss of felipe and letizia! such a long time. the situation merited the kiss though! the goal took such a long time to come! i can imagine the emotion when seeing it live.

shame letizia didn't wear red or yellow! it would have been the perfect match.

Last edited:
shame letizia didn't wear red or yellow! it would have been the perfect match.

Why ? Blue is another color of the Spanish team uniform and they wore blue to win the Cup. Felipe also wore a blue jacket, kids wore red, parents wore blue, look good to me :).

Infanta Elena and Maria Zurita are now in the party, I saw them on the tv

I think Letizia was smart to wear blue. Queen Sofia was barely noticable in all that red. Letizia stood out. Plus the excitement she showed before the match and her excitement for the winning goal yesterday only proved how proud she is of her country & team. I don't think not wearing red or yellow changed that.:flowers:

Last edited:
Congratulations to Spain! The little girls are so adorable, and Letizia looks beautiful! Sofia is getting taller--almost as tall as Leonor. Beautiful pictures, wonderful celebration.

Congratulations Spain. Well deserved. May you have many weeks of celebrations and enjoyment from this spectacular win.

Photos:
Profimedia
I think that it´s nice that Letizia wore blue honouring the team winning the Cup in blue. She was so enthusiastic with the game, great to see. Didn´t any photographer got the kiss on a photo?

What a lovely suprise for us to see the little Infantas & must be a lovely event for them to attend the celebrations with the family and the team. They look like they are having so much fun with the cup.
Love their tops, very nice of them to wearing them.

Aaaaahhhh!!!! What a wonderful celebration! I saw all of it by TV and I almost cried when I saw people celebrating all around Spain. I once visited Madrid and became hocked with this beatiful city...I wish I could visit it again. Watching Madrid people so happy in the streets, celebrating this historic moment made me so happy that I was close to the tears...:p

But what I loved the most was how the Royal Family received the Spanish National team at the Palace of Oriente...The king is very cheerful...and my sweet girls were there too! I loved the moment in which INfanta leonor kissed the Cup. She is a real Queen! :)

Vanesa.

P.S: When Argentinian television was showing the celebration at Palace of Oriente, the journalist saw Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofia and they asked to each other: " Who these girls are?". I wished to go there and smash their heards with a rock....:ROFLMAO: How can they ignore who these sweet, beatiful girls are? . Some seconds later, another journalist explained: " These are the "Principitas" (they sad it badly; the real word in Spanish to say this is "Princesitas" ("Little Princess"). I must to laugh...and of course, they seems to ignore that there's a title named "Infanta" who could be applied to these "little girls" who they wouldn't know the identity. :bang::lol:

Winning the World Cup is something a country will never forget. I still have memories when my country won in 1990 and those players are still remembered as heroes to this very day. It was the year of the German unification and the Spanish win will do a lot for feeling unified, as one country, which is such a good thing.

I am glad Spain won the final, they have been the best team for some years now.

The picture with the Infantas is very special, to be remembered for many years to come. They were part of it.
http://1.2.3.13/bmi/cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04Hk9Gw3u39pe/x610.jpg

Winning the World Cup is something a country will never forget. I still have memories when my country won in 1990 and those players are still remembered as heroes to this very day. It was the year of the German unification and the Spanish win will do a lot for feeling unified, as one country, which is such a good thing.

I am glad Spain won the final, they have been the best team for some years now.

The picture with the Infantas is very special, to be remembered for many years to come. They were part of it.
http://1.2.3.13/bmi/cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04Hk9Gw3u39pe/x610.jpg

Link not working for me .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom