Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2017 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do not directly post photos from other sites unless you have the required copyright permission and its against the rules use an link instead.

Queen Sophia is very supportive to her family. I think Irene's mother avoids visits to Spain, so Sophia is near to her grandchildren.

It's lovely to see Irene, Victoria and Sofia spending some quality family time together - especially so for Irene given the fact that she has spent a lot of time away from Spain lately. Sofia has always seemed to be a very doting grandmother who wants to spend time with each and every one of her grandchildren. Shame Juan Carlos hasn't followed suit! :whistling:

I cannot forgive the count of Barcelona who sold the Magdalena palace, since now it would be perfect for the kings if they don't want to go to Mallorca.
Queen Letizia is from the north and is used to holidays in the north.
He not only sold the palace, since it is located on a small peninsula that was also owned by the crown ... and was also sold. It's terrible

I have visited the Palace of the Magdalena in Santander and it is impressive, wonderful, it is within the city, in a Peninsula, it has everything, for tennis, horse riding, and had a private beach. The Count of Barcelona sold it to the City of Santander, however, Don Juan acted on behalf of his family, that is, the palace was not his, it was of the descendants of King Alfonso XIII. I believe that Queen Letizia would be delighted to be in that palace, although I really believe that anyone who visits it would want to live in it, is perfect. It is in a peninsula that is perfect for privacy, at the beginning of the Peninsula is the entrance to the palace . it would be absolute privacy. Queen Sophia loves the Mediterranean, and Palma de Mallorca, but Queen Letizia prefers northern Spain, less heat and pleasant temperatures during the day. The mother of King Juan Carlos, la Countess of Barcelona, Maria de las Mercedes also prefered the summer in Santander and northern of Spain.

Last edited:
Irene has really grown up! She is only a few months the elder of Leonor but seems like so much older!

The selling of both Magdalena Palace and Miramar Palace gives me heartache even after almost 50 years.

They are just so beautiful!

It's lovely to see Irene, Victoria and Sofia spending some quality family time together - especially so for Irene given the fact that she has spent a lot of time away from Spain lately. Sofia has always seemed to be a very doting grandmother who wants to spend time with each and every one of her grandchildren.

Yes it is and I wonder if they took Queen Sofia to see the Fast and the Furious Part 2 ;)

The Kings of Spain and the daughters look very happy.

King Philip VI greets King Harald V of Norway before the competition.
https://www.diariodemallorca.es/sociedad/2019/08/01/felipe-vi-harald-noruega-saludan/1437936.html

There was a lot of movement yesterday at the gates of Marivent.
https://www.diariodemallorca.es/ele...DMA/Image/2019//JDM039SC002_214115_MANUAL.jpg

https://www.diariodemallorca.es/sociedad/2019/08/01/reyes-marivent/1437752.html#cxrecs_s

More pictures: King Felipe VI greets King Harald V of Norway.
King Harald V Of Norway King Felipe VI of Spain Photos - Day 4 - 38th Copa del Rey Mapfre Sailing Cup - 1 of 11 - Zimbio

Weren't Irene and Victoria there last night with queen Sofia?

Yes Queen Sofia went yesterday with Victoria and Irene to the movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spectacular! The King never fails to impress me.

Nice photo of Kings Felipe and Harald!

Spectacular! The King never fails to impress me.

Nice photo of Kings Felipe and Harald!

Actually I am far more impressed with King Harald. Sailing at his age is a big accomplishment.

Leonor and Sofia are beautiful. There are no words. Looking forward to the next appearance in a more formal inn.
I don't have enough of them.

Apparently, queen Sofia liked it so much, she went twice in one week... Did Victoria and Irene leave just before their younger cousins arrived? Otherwise they could have gone together.

Leonor and Sofia are gorgeous girls and Sofia has really grown! I agree that she seems to look like the older sister - Leonor seems to be a rather "late bloomer", she hasn't really changed much at all since she was about 9 or 10. Some children are like that though and then have a growth spurt later on - I remember having a renunion with my old primary school classmates in secondary school when we were around 14/15, and one boy who was always the smallest and youngest looking in the class was at the time of the reunion nearly 6ft and seemed more adult-like than the rest of us (probably also because being male, he had grown facial hair).

I was criticised for this when I had the same query a few months ago, so I'm glad to see that others are mentioning the distance between Leonor and Sofia and their cousins. I'm sure it would've been perfectly fine for Leonor and Sofia to go to the cinema on the night Victoria Federica and Irene were there, especially for Irene since she could have someone of her own age to talk to (Leonor). The SRF have always seemed to have rather odd family dynamics to me.

Apparently, queen Sofia liked it so much, she went twice in one week... Did Victoria and Irene leave just before their younger cousins arrived? Otherwise they could have gone together.
Weren't Irene and Victoria there last night with queen Sofia?

Yes, Queen Sofia was with Victoria Federica and Irene yesterday and now with Queen Letizia, Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia.

I wonder if Queen Sofia also watched 'The Lion King' yesterday.

Maybe Sofia wants as many outings as possible with her grandchildren :whistling:

I think the dynamics can already be seen when looking at the girls, Leonor trying to please everyone and everything, not making a wrong move while Sofia is much more relaxed even a bit bored with the whole circus, because she knows she can afford it, long term.
While the girls have been doing everything together for many years despite the age gap, their paths will divert as soon as Leonor finishes school 2 years ahead of Sofia, with a different education.

Victoria Federica is in Marbella now; at least I was last night at a concert with super friends "pijas" ... I wonder if he has gone to Mallorca just to see "The Lion King" with the emeritus hahahaha
From Greece to Mallorca and from Mallorca to Marbella ... It seems to me that Victoria is not on track.
https://www.semana.es/corazon/victoria-federica-fiesta-sandra-gago-20190802-002120741/8

Maybe Sofia wants as many outings as possible with her grandchildren :whistling:

I think the dynamics can already be seen when looking at the girls, Leonor trying to please everyone and everything, not making a wrong move while Sofia is much more relaxed even a bit bored with the whole circus, because she knows she can afford it, long term.
While the girls have been doing everything together for many years despite the age gap, their paths will divert as soon as Leonor finishes school 2 years ahead of Sofia, with a different education.

Oh I think that Sofia wants as many photos as possible. Nothing else.
With regard to Leonor and Sofia, we do not know the paths they will take or how or when. We will have to wait. Logically you have to educate an heiress, but Sofia's education could be surprisingly not very different from Leonor's. We can't know yet. We will see this.

By the way, Leonor and Sofia's attitude is perfect. It is the attitude that is expected of two princesses who aspire to be nothing more than royalty characters to serve their country and offer loyalty to the crown. Nothing to pose as if they were models of catwalks or aspiring actresses ... They are as they should and should be all princesses. I am very proud of them. Education consists of controlling yourself naturally when you are in public to be as empathetic and pleasant as possible. And that's what they do.,

Last edited by a moderator:
No sign of the Infanta Elena so far?

Elena's absence is strange, because she works for the company that sponsors the regatta and although she was always the member of the Royal Family who least enjoyed sailing, in recent years she has shown a lot in Palma to promote it. Her children are of legal age and make their own plans without grandmother or mother.

Juan Carlos is participating in a regatta in Finland, maybe Elena has taken advantage of his trip.

https://www.hangotidningen.fi/article/juan-carlos-i-av-spanien-har-anlant-till-hango/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom