Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2014 - 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the update, do we know where they went to in Italy?

The reliable gossip press...:whistling:
At the end of the article the writer admits that it's all a rumor and she has no idea of what they did or of their plans ;)

They left Istanbul on Sunday afternoon, the attacks were on Monday ... when no news, they invent them.

Maybe we'll see pictures at some point. In 2011 the paps caught them in the Cyclades and the pictures only surfaced some time later.

They left Istanbul on Sunday afternoon, the attacks were on Monday ... when no news, they invent them.

Really! Thanks Lula for clearing it all up. I guess in summer the press invent stories to sell since everything is slightly quieter.

They started and finished their holidays in mallorca. Nice :)

I agree about Juan Carlos. He could spend some days in mallorca as the Sofia to his grandchildren.

Last edited by a moderator:
The summer Holidays seem to have been a bit longer than previous ones,I don't think anyone would begrudge the King and Queen an extra week or two!

Pity that King Juan Carlos was no where to be seen this summer with his family except at a bullfight.

It would have been nice to see a new photo of King Juan Carlos and his grandchildren together.

If I remember correctly, the King's summer holidays were extremely short last year. After the accession the King and Queen were so busy that they didn't take much time to relax. So imo they deserve a bit more this year. Also the time on Mallorca is only a part time holiday because there are audiences and other representational stuff to do.

I agree thay they deserve this vacation. Besides, they seem to work more often that other members of foreign royal houses, and I've never read about them taking many brief vacation during the year. Actually, Felipe and Letizia are the ones who never get critics from me due to the vacation because the don't seem to have more breaks that others.

Royal House has confirmed that the Royal Family will travel to Mallorca. King Felipe has audiences with the authorities of the islands on Monday.

I wonder if Queen Sofia has already arrived at the Marivent Palace?

Nice to see Sofia and Juan Carlos together with their family. I had the impression that they lived separately now and appeared together only when occasion demanded it.

Royal Children Sailing 2016

The royal children will be returning to Calanova this year for their 5th year now. Anyone know if all of them will be coming?

Last edited by a moderator:
King Felipe receives local and regional authorities:

Audience to Ms. Francina Armengol i Socías, President of the Balearic Islands
Almudaina Royal Palace. Palma de Mallorca

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a D.ª Francina Armengol i Socías, Presidenta de las Illes Balears

Audience to Ms. Maria Consuelo Huertas i Calatayud, President of the Parliament of the Balearic Islands

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a D.ª María Consuelo Huertas i Calatayud, Presidenta del Parlamento de las Illes Balears

Audience to Mr. José Francisco Hila Vargas, Mayor of Palma de Mallorca

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a D. José Francisco Hila Vargas, Alcalde de Palma de Mallorca

Audience to Mr. Miquel Ensenyat Riutort, President of the Consell de Mallorca

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a D. Miquel Ensenyat Riutort, Presidente del Consell de Mallorca

Photos

http://www.diariodemallorca.es/mult...66309-felipe-recibe-autoridades-baleares.html

Last edited:
I see casareal.es uses the prefixes Doña respectively Don for the two ladies and the two gentlemen received in audience.

When is it a Senor/Señora and when is it a Don/Doña?

I see casareal.es uses the prefixes Doña respectively Don for the two ladies and the two gentlemen received in audience.

When is it a Senor/Señora and when is it a Don/Doña?
When it comes before the given name, or full name, the usual most formal treatment in Spain is Don/Doña. Señor/Señora is usually used with just the surname (kind like the English Mr/Ms) and is less common.

It was great to see the family outing pics. Can't get over how grown up Pipe and Victoria are :ohmy:

Leo and Sof are darlings as always. Do we know if there will be a photoshoot in Marivent like last year?

Lovely to see Elena and her children present with the rest of the family and was really surprised to see King Juan Carlos present.

Lovely to see Elena and her children present with the rest of the family and was really surprised to see King Juan Carlos present.

Indeed, so was I:flowers:.

Each time I see them out and about together though, (which doesn't happen often), I can't help but thinking about "exiled" Cristina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom