The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-04-2015, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
[ ... ] I particularly liked that the whole family greeted the press.
Heu... is there any royal family who does not say 'Hello!' to the assembled media patiently awaiting until they can make their so desired holiday pictures? What you particularly liked seems more than normal to me and has always been the case.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Heu... is there any royal family who does not say 'Hello!' to the assembled media patiently awaiting until they can make their so desired holiday pictures? What you particularly liked seems more than normal to me and has always been the case.

I meant that they went up and shook the press photographers hands and say good afternoon, whereas I don't recall the Danes doing that during their Graasten photoshoot nor have I ever seen the British royals go up to a group of photographers and shake their hand.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree Molly. I noticed that the King, Queen and their daughters were doing this last year as well. While I realize that other royals do greet the assembled photographers, this is one of the only times I've seen the children encouraged to do greet them by shaking hands prior to the photo shoot.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:50 PM
Serene Highness

I remember in one instance a news clip Victoria forced Estelle to shake hands... E hesitated and Victoria abruptly jerked her hand forward. So I guess she will do it as a rule.

And I used to work with toddlers so I know what a jerk is before any says I am exaggerating:)
Old 08-04-2015, 01:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I agree Molly. I noticed that the King, Queen and their daughters were doing this last year as well. While I realize that other royals do greet the assembled photographers, this is one of the only times I've seen the children encouraged to do greet them by shaking hands prior to the photo shoot.
You're right, and I agree that it's a nice touch. I don't think the SRF did it before Felipe became King last year.

http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...grafica_08.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...grafica_09.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...grafica_10.jpg

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Sesión fotográfica con Sus Majestades los Reyes, Su Alteza Real la Princesa de Asturias y Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Sofía
Old 08-04-2015, 02:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post

I feel the need here for a quote from Jane Austen (paraphrasing) regarding the ....propensity ... to willfully misunderstand.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

PPE

King Felipe audiences at the Marivent Palace in Palma de Mallorca

PPE Agency

Queen Sofia,Infanta Elena with the Marichalar and Urdangarin children.

PPE Agency

King Felipe ,Queen Letizia and daughters.

PPE Agency
Old 08-04-2015, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Anyone knowing who the girl in the off shoulder white blouse is?
Old 08-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Leonor and Sofìa have turned into two lovely and sweet little girls! I am glad they seem still demure and shy but much more confident and at ease wit the cameras...

I don't know how to put thhis, as I don't want it to sound offensive,but Letizia's touching approach (clingy?) to the girls makes me a little unconfortable: it makes me wanna scream "let them breath for once"...
to me it looks kind of obsessive and controlfreak-ish, being constantly all over the girls, but I guess when they become teenagers they don't appreciate being watched or touched all the time.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
to me it looks kind of obsessive and controlfreak-ish, being constantly all over the girls, but I guess when they become teenagers they don't appreciate being watched or touched all the time.
Exactly! Hope the girls will "rebel" at some time, when they enter the teens
Old 08-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Serene Highness

I don't! The Spanish don't need anymore scandal from their Royal family. Rebellious princesses are fine for Hollywood but not real life :)
Old 08-04-2015, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I don't! The Spanish don't need anymore scandal from their Royal family. Rebellious princesses are fine for Hollywood but not real life :)
I agree. There is nothing wrong with a loving mother having physical contact with her own kids for goodness, putting a protective arm around them from time to time in front of a host of strangers with cameras etc. They all look very happy and normal to me and it makes a very refreshing change indeed to see such nice royal family photos.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Very well said. Letizia is just a hands-on mum – can't really see a problem in that.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Serene Highness

If the girls had a problem with her tactile ways I am pretty sure they would let her know. I have no proof but a gut feeling they feel free to express themselves to their parents and speak their minds within reason.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Infanta Cristina and Inaki Urdangarin are on holidays in Baqueira Beret in Spain as per ABC.

La Infanta Cristina e I?aki Urdangar?n, de cena en Baqueira - ABC.es
Old 08-04-2015, 09:26 PM
Aristocracy

OK, I know I'm crazy, but which is Leonor and which is Sofia? I'm not terribly familiar with them, but could usually tell. Now, their height isn't helping me! Who is in the print top and longer khaki shorts?

Old 08-04-2015, 11:46 PM
Majesty

Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2015

Leonor is in khaki shorts, and printed top, while Sofia is in solid white top, and navy shorts. I have a hard time telling them apart too, since they're practically the same height.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Another scandal Leave it for another family.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
In my option that is a step too far. Both the royal family and the media are helped with some distance. The Diana Years were a lesson of how a close entanglement can lead to a deadly embrace.

The media are there to register the start of the holidays of the Spanish royal family. The King, the Queen and the Infantas shaking the hands of the folks who -at other media moments- will not hesistate to infringe their pivacy, is a step too far.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJen View Post
OK, I know I'm crazy, but which is Leonor and which is Sofia? I'm not terribly familiar with them, but could usually tell. Now, their height isn't helping me! Who is in the print top and longer khaki shorts?

The oldest one is Doña Leonor, Princess of Asturias. That is the one with the khaki coloured pants.

Picture.

Tags
malaga, mallorca, spanish royals, spanish royals summery holiday, summer holiday