Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2014 - 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
King Felipe and queen Letizia will give on 7th August a reception for the Balearic authorities at the Royal Palace of La Almudaina.
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Recepción ofrecida a las autoridades de las Illes Balears y a una representación de la sociedad balear

Instead of the dinner king Juan Carlos hosted for max 40 people, Felipe and Letizia want to meet more people, to the reception is invited over 200 people.
Los Reyes se reunirán en Palma con más 200 invitados - Diario de Mallorca

According to El Pais, king Juan Carlos will not come to Mallorca this summer.
Los Reyes recibirán en Palma a empresarios, deportistas y estudiantes Política EL PAÍS

Last edited:
As stated, when the villa was built, it was all alone and surrounded with empty space. The view was on a romantic city with a pittoresque port. In the meantime urbanization and industrialization has swallowed all the open space around the villa. On this picture one can see the silos with concrete again eating pieces of nature, now "next door" aside the villa.

Picture: http://www.periodistadigital.com/imagenes/2012/11/15/marivent.jpg

great pictures with grandma! the palma & lugo cousins seem to be a very close bunch.

How great to see Queen Sofia with her grandchildren. Those are for me the cutest Spanish Royals. She is a fantastica granny.

200 people isn't that much? Who's paying: the spanish or the Balears?

Irene is so cute. can't wait to see Leonor and Sofia again :D

200 people isn't that much? Who's paying: the spanish or the Balears?

King Juan Carlos hosted always a dinner for the authorities. This year Felipe hosts a reception.

King Felipe came at about five thirty in the afternoon to Palma on a flight directly from Liege, where he attended the commemoration of the centenary of the First World War.
King Felipe, who will spend his first vacation in Mallorca as king, has landed at the airbase of Son Sant Joan to go directly Marivent Palace personally driving his car. Queen Letizia, princess Leonor and infanta Sofia are expected to arrive to the island in the next few hours.
Felipe VI llega a Mallorca para pasar sus primeras vacaciones como Rey » Local » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca

Queen Letizia and the girls arrived shortly after king Felipe.
El rey Felipe VI y la reina Letizia ya están en Mallorca - Diario de Mallorca

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
So the photoshoot will be in the Palace... Well, they are The King and Queen now, it is safer to do indoors with all of the security there.

The extra photos of Queen Sofia and her grandchildren are adorable, you can clearly see that she has a special bond with them, although with little Irene in particular I think.

Thanks lula for the information about the King and Queen's little photoshoot with Leonor and Sofia. :flowers: I'm glad that they still get to do it during these busy months. I must admit that I'm a little disappointed that it won't be outside, but it will be interesting to see them inside Marivent. IIRC, the photoshoot for Princess Letizia's fortieth birthday took place inside as well, but at Zarzuela instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom