Spanish Royal Easter Vacations: 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland
Easter Holidays 2015-

162px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Spanish_Monarch.svg.png

You can view the old thread here

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/spanish-royal-easter-vacations-2007-2014-a-16303.html

Last edited:
Last edited:
Why not the King Juan Carlos? He should be there IMO

:previous: Should and should. It sort of depends on the situation, doesn't it? Royals get ill like the rest of us. Perhaps JC isn't feeling well? He looked incredibly frail at Queen Fabiola's funeral and he's not getting any younger. Besides, he's not the king anymore. Theoretically there's no need for either him or Sofía to be there.

King Juan Carlos has traveled to visit friends and restaurants around Spain and the world ... the problem is not his health, the problem is that he does not want to go ... in recent years he was absent several times, each with apologies more or less credible.

Sofia loves Mallorca and its royal perks, thats why she's there. She's still a Queen and makes the most of it to hold on to her status.

JC can finally officially do what he wants and that's what he does. The Mallorca church outing is a private event, a family outing, one of his last favourite things to do, as we could well see in past years. He prefers travelling and enjoying his freedom from King's responsibilities.

:previous: Should and should. It sort of depends on the situation, doesn't it? Royals get ill like the rest of us. Perhaps JC isn't feeling well? He looked incredibly frail at Queen Fabiola's funeral and he's not getting any younger. Besides, he's not the king anymore. Theoretically there's no need for either him or Sofía to be there.

Maybe he is ill, maybe not. I tend to believe he simply doesn't want to go there or has something more important (or that he considers more important) to do... And I see I am no the only one on thinking this. If the attendees were only King Felipe and his family it would be fine but there will also be queen Sofia, and without JC the family seems imcomplete IMO.

Queen Sofia has often attended the Easter gathering on Mallorca without the presence of King Juan Carlos.Its a pity we won't see Infanta Elena there this year.

Sofia loves Mallorca and its royal perks, thats why she's there. She's still a Queen and makes the most of it to hold on to her status.

JC can finally officially do what he wants and that's what he does. The Mallorca church outing is a private event, a family outing, one of his last favourite things to do, as we could well see in past years. He prefers travelling and enjoying his freedom from King's responsibilities.
You are absolutely right. It is up to King Juan Carlos to decide what gatherings he wishes to attend. He just enjoys his retirement.
It is unfortunate that we will not see Infanta Elena. At the same time, I am sure she has her own plans for the Easter

I wonder if HRH Princess Irene accompanied her sister H.M.Queen Sofia to Palma,we normally see photo's of the pair out and about during Holy Week.

:previous: The girls are gorgeous! The have grown and you can see that their traits are changing as well! Beautiful pictures:flowers:

:previous: The girls are gorgeous! The have grown and you can see that their traits are changing as well! Beautiful pictures:flowers:

The infantas are indeed gorgeous but it's pity that the family members are so few.....

I don't get why people were expecting JC. He never seemed to be fond of this event when he was King and missed it several times in recent years, not necessarily for health reasons. He's not exactly known for being a hands-on grandfather.

Leonor & Sofia have almost the same height now and both got 'real' teeth.

Close up of the girls
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...000x750/g=G00000hn5B1ZTgiM/FR-DI0913-0062.jpg
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...000x750/g=G00000hn5B1ZTgiM/FR-DI0913-0064.jpg
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...000x750/g=G00000hn5B1ZTgiM/FR-DI0913-0097.jpg
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...000x750/g=G00000hn5B1ZTgiM/FR-DI0913-0083.jpg

The infantas are indeed gorgeous but it's pity that the family members are so few.....

The royal family is a lot smaller compared to Easter 2014 ,I'd liked to have seen Infanta Elena but she's now no longer a member of the royal family post abdication.

I was expecting to see JC nor did it make a difference that he was not there, he hasn't been the past few years and he is not King now so won't even make an effort to show up, thats up to him. I must say that I do prefer seeing pictures of when more members of the family attend. It seems that they do want to continue the tradition attending in Mallorca but it's a pity only a few show up.

The girls indeed are very similar in height, they look all grown up.

Aw, such lovely pictures :wub: It's such a beautiful family and I love that Sofia joined them.

I agree... I can really "sense" the absence of JC:ermm:

He didn't even attend every time when he was king and, like others have mentioned, didn't seem to enjoy it very much when he did attend. I feel the absence of Elena much more than I feel the absence of JC.

One of my favourite royal days of the year. It is always nice to see the royal family arrive to the Cathedral. They looked relaxed and having a good time together. The girls seem to have a very close relationship and it is great to see the loving parents and also a loving grandmother with them. Everyone looked good, I especially like Letizia's simple, but so elegant look. Leonor has so much Letizia in her, and young Sofia isn't so shy anymore than a few years ago. Nice to see the girls waving to the people and Leonor greeting people when they were leaving.

He didn't even attend every time when he was king and, like others have mentioned, didn't seem to enjoy it very much when he did attend. I feel the absence of Elena much more than I feel the absence of JC.

I feel the absence of Elena too

Back
Top Bottom