The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-25-2008, 11:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Leonor and Sofia live very close to the King and Queen, so is it really such a surprise that he focuses more on his other grandchildren?

Although I guess yet again some will be claiming it is all Letizia's fault!

Old 03-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Nobility

So are the king and Letizia not close? Why?

Old 03-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Heir Apparent

one thing is focusing on some grandchildren he never seem to be with and other thing is ignoring the ones he supposedly sees all the time did we see the King talking to Letizia, to Felipe or even looking at their way? I saw pics of him talking to Elena, talking to Cristina, to their kids, but it almost was like the Asturias weren\'t even there and one more thing: why can\'t Leonor be seeing at a playground with her cousins? I understand Sofi Jr is still too little, but Leo can play with Irene, who plays with her brothers and cousins with no problem, there isn\'t a security issue, if the Queen herself can be at a playground, the King can meet his friends and go to dinner, the Infantas go shopping with no problem, why Leonor can\'t do it?
Old 03-26-2008, 01:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mariangel said in her journal that the Asturian family arrived in Mallorca on Saturday, how could Leonor go to the playground to play with her cousins when she was not even in Mallorca ? The Asturias live next to the Kings all year long, work at the same Zarzuela Palace, it's only logical that they want to spend the Easter week elsewhere, leave the Kings to their daughters (esp. Cristina) and their families they don't see at daily basis. Felipe also travelled elsewhere when he was single and he never really likes Mallorca with paparazzis everywhere, thus they didn't do anything different as the days when Felipe was single.
The pictures are only the snapshots of a few seconds and actully look quite repetitive among the agencies. Unless you saw the 2-hour live inside/outside the church, how could you draw a conclusion that the King never talked to Felipe or Letizia or looked at their children ? Plus there is a 'single' mom there with two kids, a couple with four kids, of course the Kings were helping them more among the crowd.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:48 AM
Serene Highness

Article from DiezMinutos: Felipe y Letizia con sus dos princesas
And pictures:
DIEZ MINUTOS - FELIPE Y LETIZIA CON SUS DOS PRINCESAS
The article by the way says what Donna already said above, that the princes have the habit of spending the holiday of semana santa elsewhere and only arrived in Palma much later, which means that it is quite logcial indeed that Leonor wasn't playing in the park with her coursins!!
Old 03-26-2008, 08:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Mariangel said in her journal that the Asturian family arrived in Mallorca on Saturday, how could Leonor go to the playground to play with her cousins when she was not even in Mallorca ? The Asturias live next to the Kings all year long, work at the same Zarzuela Palace, it's only logical that they want to spend the Easter week elsewhere, leave the Kings to their daughters (esp. Cristina) and their families they don't see at daily basis. Felipe also travelled elsewhere when he was single and he never really likes Mallorca with paparazzis everywhere, thus they didn't do anything different as the days when Felipe was single.
Exactly. Moreover, Cristina in particular, seems very unwelcoming to Letizia, so is it any surprise if Letizia does not want to spend much time with her?
Old 03-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince from bachelor has taken advantage of the vacations of Holy Week or summer to do trips. This summer seems that the Princes are going to be busy enough and not to be going to have opportunity great to be relaxed and removed from everything, so it is logical that they are useful these days.

Since they have commented, the Princes live through few meters of the Kings, share with them many official acts, are almost every day in Zarzuela ... it is logical that in vacations they are the Infantas those who pass more time with their parents.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Letizia's haircut was fantastic but that outfit! The pants looked like JEANS to me and on Easter Sunday to boot!
Old 03-27-2008, 12:32 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK
The pictures are only the snapshots of a few seconds and actully look quite repetitive among the agencies. Unless you saw the 2-hour live inside/outside the church, how could you draw a conclusion that the King never talked to Felipe or Letizia or looked at their children ? Plus there is a 'single' mom there with two kids, a couple with four kids, of course the Kings were helping them more among the crowd.
Finally a comment that makes sense DonnaK.. I totally agree!
Old 03-28-2008, 06:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Anyway we have seen many other photos of other days in Mallorca (summer) and we could never seen the two little children playing!!!!! We have never seen the three ladys together maybe on the beach or doing some shopping in Mallorca, to me that is really strange! And don't tell me that they are only some snapshots because we have seen several of them in several different ocassions and we could never see them palying and the ladys talking!
Old 03-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Anyway we have seen many other photos of other days in Mallorca (summer) and we could never seen the two little children playing!!!!! We have never seen the three ladys together maybe on the beach or doing some shopping in Mallorca, to me that is really strange! And don't tell me that they are only some snapshots because we have seen several of them in several different ocassions and we could never see them palying and the ladys talking!

And what is the problem if they don´t talk?
There is no need to dramatize if some people, even if they are family, not normally interact. I do not understand why it is given so much importance to this issue...
Old 03-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
And what is the problem if they don´t talk?
There is no need to dramatize if some people, even if they are family, not normally interact. I do not understand why it is given so much importance to this issue...
I don't understand the fuss either. Elena and Cristina are sisters, they are bound to be close and want to spend time together. That doesn't mean Letizia needs to join them!
Old 03-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Courtier

Well said, camarina! There are plenty of families, royal and otherwise, who because of work commitments and differing schedules, etc, don't necassarily spend a lot of time together. It doesn't mean that there's enmity or hostility, just a fact of life. I think sometimes people look for troubles when there are none.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Serene Highness

I also agree that just because we don't see pictures of hugs that there is a problem. Elena and Cristina are bound to be closer and since Cristina lives away from the CP couple, they may not be as close. Normal families have times where personalities are so different that even though they don't hang out together doesn't mean there is dislike, maybe there just isn't common ground. Another thought, and it is strictly my speculation, maybe Cristina realizes that there will always be comparison between Leo and Irene, mostly because they are so close in age. As a mother, maybe she tries to shelter Irene, so that the speculation is less. With the attention focusing on the two little girls, maybe she is just trying to keep Irene out of the media circus and all the speculations.
Look at everyone, I am just as guilty, we are always comparing these two precious little angels to see who is prettier or smarter or better dressed, so maybe she tries to keep distance in order to protect her child. IMHO
Old 03-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Little Sofia IMO outweighs her mother.....
Oh how that cracked me up. So true. Sofia is quite a hardy looking girl. She probably won't have the delicate features and limbs that relate to her sister and mom.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Considering the Austuria couple didn't arrive until the last minute for the Easter Mass and had already gone back to work in Madrid/Barcelona (if I read the recent activities right), when do you think their girls would have time to play with their cousins or spend time about Mallorca?

You're not suggesting Felipe and Letizia should leave their little daughters behind while they're back to work, are you? I can just see the headline now: "Felipe and Letizia abandon their daughters!"
Old 03-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Nobility

Wow wow lovely photos grandmother Queen Sofia and his sister Irene!!! Grandchildren hug best grandmother and many grandchilren like love Queen!!! Sister Irene and Queen Sofia is best sister!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Aristocracy

Location: Harrisburg (outside of Charlotte NC), United States
Love the pic of Irene and Leonor! I wonder if they will grow up to be close! They are both beautiful little girls!
Old 03-30-2008, 02:05 AM
Nobility

These pictures seem kind of sad to me this year. Elena is there for the first time without her husband, and she looks sad, but game. Cristina still has a complete family, but if anything she looks more grim to me than Elena, and has for a while. Except for the two Asturias infantas, nobody is really dressed in Easter clothing. (Letizia, what happened there!)
Old 04-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Now now... what about the photo of the three ladies during the concert of Bruce Springsteen (am I right with this one?) Don't claim that there is something goin on between the 3 ladies just because we don't see them interacting while posing for some pictures. That is really ridiculous! Elena and Cristina are sisters and now that Elena is separated from Jaime I just think that it's right if Cristina is seen several times with her sister. After all we know for a fact that the 2 are very close. Maybe they think that don't need to "show" that they are interacting with one another, because they know for a fact that the relationship between the 2 of them is ok. Maybe that's their attitude when in public. It doesn't hurt if they don't talk as far as they know that they're ok. I can relate to that because I don't talk either to my cousins when we are with other people. It's my nature so I think it's the same with the ladies too. One doesn't need to show that she's "too close or in friendly terms" with your in-laws all the time. I actually think that if Letizia does that the paparazzi might think that Letizia is overdoing it being close to her in-laws. Some people are just not "showy".

Tags
cristina, easter, easter holiday, elena, froilán de marichalar, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, infanta elena, irene urdangarín, jaime de marichalar, juan carlos i, juan urdangarín, mallorca, miguel urdangarin, pablo urdangarín, queen sofia, sofia (1938 -), spanish royal family, spanish royals easter, victoria de marichalar