The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Great pic! That's an easy thing to do when 3 brothers are backing you up. I think both girls will go into different directions, Irene will be a tomboy as everybody else in her family, Leonor will be the sophisticated girlie type with pink hairclips. Cristina definitely took a great choice with Inaki in terms of freshing up the Borbon gene pool. Those kids will all be stunners sooner or later.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
It looks like Leonor and Sofia already knows how to do the royal wave.

Inaki was so gallant in letting Elena stand next Cristina instead of her being at the end of the line.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think Letizia'a outfit is very nice to wear to church on Easter.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from Getty and Mediumphoto
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
MediumPhoto
MediumPhoto

Video from Hola
La Familia Real en la misa de Pascua
hola.com - Vídeos del día
Old 03-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Royal Highness

The Hola video was very good. I thought it was so sweet when Juan patted Infanta Sofia on the head, and it looked like he might have kissed her on the cheek, too. I think he's always had a soft spot for Felipe and Letizia's little girls.

You can already tell that Irene is going to be more of a tomboy than Leonor, even now. Irene's older brothers love her to death and spoil her, but they'll probably toughen her up as well, especially as she gets older. Girls with brothers are generally more hardened than girls who don't have them (trust me, I know!).
Old 03-25-2008, 12:47 AM
Courtier

wonderful family, the kids made all pix smiles
Leonor reminds me of amalia, smiling, waving and liking the attention.
baby sofia is so grown up & tall for her age, I guess she's tall like her dad. Letizia is a wonderful mother, her daughter turned out very happy & chubby.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:08 AM
Serene Highness

The videos are so great. Juan is so sweet, he sure seems to have a weak spot for Leonor and SOfia, he looked so sweet when he touched little Sofi's head and kissed her cheek I love the way Sofia is starting wave to the people, just like Leonor!
Old 03-25-2008, 05:21 AM
Serene Highness

I still can't get over Sofia. she's just darn cute! and i think Leo's and Irene's facial features are starting to get more defined now. just look at Leo's nose and her smile.

love the little girls' coats too, particularly that of Irene. it's the right combination of a grown-up style for a little lady.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope that we can see both little girls interacting some day, I found it quite strange that we have never seen them interacting, of course that this was not the day because it was an official photoshot in front of a church but maybe next year in the next summer hollidays we can get to see then two playing, I found it quite strange if we don't get to see the little two together pleaying!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love the pics from the park. I have to admire Queen Sofia's relationship with her grandchildren, she is so loving and fun. You can tell that the kids think of her 1st and foremost as their grandmother, not necessarily the Queen of Spain. That is just amazining. Of course, I'm sure over time they will become more reserved about the displays of affection, but for right now, I love it. These are great pics, the love and affection they convey is fabulous.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I don't believe in this happy cousin relationship at all. Both infantas are close and their children have more of a grown relationship because they are older. There is already a connection when they see each other. Irene being the 4th child has automatically become part of an existing siblings' alliance with a healthy balance: being spoilt here but getting the stick from her brothers there. When looking at pictures there is nothing more than a formal must have relation between the Infantas (especially Cristina) and the Asturias couple and this will reflect on the children. It's somehow a clash of attitudes, a relaxed tomboy family here and showing off picture perfect girls there. Public appearances with her daughters are one of the few opportunities where Letizia can get some much needed admiration from the public for her ego but I don't see any close family relations in these pictures. Apart from Queen Sofia, who is a grandchildren-holic anyway, nobody really bothered, neither the King nor the Infantas. I still see Letizia as a overperfectionist mother who puts all effort into her daughters because the Asturias family is the only true happiness in her life, after being disillusioned about her role.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Moderator Emeritus

From Royals

http://royals.web-log.nl/photos/unca...3/25/pasen.jpg
http://royals.web-log.nl/photos/unca...25/pasen_2.jpg

Old 03-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't help myself, but I always think after looking on a picture with little Froilan that he must be unhappy and in the next second he will begin to cry.

I wish him all the best.

Do you have also this opinion?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I don't believe in this happy cousin relationship at all. Both infantas are close and their children have more of a grown relationship because they are older. There is already a connection when they see each other. Irene being the 4th child has automatically become part of an existing siblings' alliance with a healthy balance: being spoilt here but getting the stick from her brothers there. When looking at pictures there is nothing more than a formal must have relation between the Infantas (especially Cristina) and the Asturias couple and this will reflect on the children. It's somehow a clash of attitudes, a relaxed tomboy family here and showing off picture perfect girls there. Public appearances with her daughters are one of the few opportunities where Letizia can get some much needed admiration from the public for her ego but I don't see any close family relations in these pictures. Apart from Queen Sofia, who is a grandchildren-holic anyway, nobody really bothered, neither the King nor the Infantas. I still see Letizia as a overperfectionist mother who puts all effort into her daughters because the Asturias family is the only true happiness in her life, after being disillusioned about her role.
You got to be kidding, Letizia (alone or with Felipe) has always been able to draw a big crowd whenever she (they) goes. They have tried not to use the girls for the public admiration, at least much less than Infanta Cristina who loves to show off her cute kids all over the places. You can obviously see that most of the time the boys simply hated the cameras. Leonor and Sofia happen to be two outgoing kids and have been raised very well by their parents, good for them and their future roles. If Felipe/Letizia are not close to Cristina, does it really matter ? Nobody seems to demand that JC/Sofia have to be close to Infanta Pilar .
Old 03-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Nobility

Some people criticized Letizia and Felipe for "hiding" their cute daughters and not showing them in public often enough. Some people now are criticizing Letizia for using her daughters for gaining public admiration. Am I the only one who sees contradiction here?
Old 03-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Some more photos:
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
Old 03-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpriestess View Post
Some people criticized Letizia and Felipe for "hiding" their cute daughters and not showing them in public often enough. Some people now are criticizing Letizia for using her daughters for gaining public admiration. Am I the only one who sees contradiction here?
No you're not! These sorts of contradictions are rampant where Letizia is concerned though.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Nobility

Instead of debating over this, what about those Easter eggs that the Queen and her daughters have on a chain around their necks.
It must be a collection.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu View Post
Inaki was so gallant in letting Elena stand next Cristina instead of her being at the end of the line.
Indeed it's very nice of Inaki to do so. In fact, by protocol, Elena should look for the place next to the King (or her sister should make the room for her), of course the protocol only applies to Letizia .
Old 03-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Elena was the last one to arrive, so I guess that\'s why she got the last spot, I totally loved when she came with the kids and Iñaki offered Vicky a spot by his side and the girl ran to him, you can see the relationship is really good and the marichalar kids are really close to their uncle ; another thing: is there a pic where the King is even LOOKING at the Asturias\' girls? he hang with the other kids but didn\'t even give a look at those girls

Tags
cristina, easter, easter holiday, elena, froilán de marichalar, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, infanta elena, irene urdangarín, jaime de marichalar, juan carlos i, juan urdangarín, mallorca, miguel urdangarin, pablo urdangarín, queen sofia, sofia (1938 -), spanish royal family, spanish royals easter, victoria de marichalar