The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Nobility

It's amazing that Leonor seemed rather unfazed by all the commotions around her, not just with crowds but all the flashes going off and clicking sound. It must be very confusing for a baby. She seemed more curious than alarmed. It's cute in the pictures where she twisted her body or turned her head to see what's going on in different directions. It's a good start for someone who will live in public eyes the rest of her while life.

Old 04-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Nobility

Yes,it´s incredible.Leonor is a little girl who behaves very well.In addition also she is a baby very calm and she doesn´t cry hardly :) :o

Old 04-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Gentry

Leonor is a true princess!

She's so confident in her mother's arms! And the way she looks at Felipe is sooooo adorable...
Old 04-18-2006, 11:09 PM
Serene Highness

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess2
To me it seem that Elenas husband always has that grumpy look on his face I think he does not really seem to be friendly. Does anybody else have that impression or is it just me
I have had that feeling before, he kind of gives me the creeps. He seems to alway be looking in places he shouldn't. I wonder if he is the reason his kids are not so happy. Kids seem to pick up those kind of things up from their parents enviroment.

Thanks everyone. I hate that this is the end for now, I would love to have this post go on forever. Thanks again for all the hard work for the poeple that add pictures. It is really appreciated!
Old 04-18-2006, 11:37 PM
Heir Apparent

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...9&d=1145400071

Leonor : "Aww.. Daddy.. Don't bump me to the car again!"
Old 04-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Aristocracy

my favorite is this
gracias monica

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/8575/42wz2hn.jpg
from hola
Old 04-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Courtier

I get to see those pics... All the attention is for Leonor, aunts, grandma even letizia! the only one who paid a little attention to little Irene was her Granfather.. I think that's sad (but that's just my opinion)

DPA
http://i3.tinypic.com/w0lzj6.jpg
Old 04-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Courtier

The angioma on her nose looks like it is starting to go away and her eyes look blue to me.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Thanks to all who posted those wonderful Easter pics! I think it will take some days till I've seen all
Old 04-21-2006, 05:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA...
Thanks sooooo much for the wonderful photos!
They are really a happy family!

Queen Sofia has a bracelet with her children's name too. Although it's different.
http://www.supload.com/free/STAR_259...2637.jpg/view/
http://www.supload.com/free/STAR_259...2026.jpg/view/
(originally posted by rchainho; source: starface)
A bit out (and late) of topic but here it goes:o ... I know this is a piece that Borbón family cherish very much.

I know that because Don Juan Carlos offered one bracelet like this to a portuguese Lady, on the occasion of the couple gold wedding celebration, in whose house he spent many time during his youth in Estoril because he was good friend to the couple' sons.

But, for me, the most tender detail, is that the couple has many sons - 8 or 9 I can't precise - and the bracelet the king offered had heart-shaped-medals one for each son and one more heart with Juan Carlos name:) .

Regards,
mtbcm :)
Old 04-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by photofan
I get to see those pics... All the attention is for Leonor, aunts, grandma even letizia! the only one who paid a little attention to little Irene was her Granfather.. I think that's sad (but that's just my opinion)

DPA
http://i3.tinypic.com/w0lzj6.jpg
Just because we don't have a picture of it, it doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

Lula has said somewhere around this thread that the King lifted Leonor in his arms and kissed her, and there's no pictures of it.

Likewise the Queen could have played with Irene and no-one take a picture. And her aunt Elena indeed gave attention to Irene:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1145193179
Old 04-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Thanks for all the pics.

I'm the only one wondering about Jaime, I have only seen him at the Easter Mass and it's like Iñaki was fulfilling the father figure for Froilan and Victoria as well in this holidays.
Yes, I was wondering about him, too. Jaime wasn't seen on the beach or in pictures on the boat. Nevertheless, Elena appeared in good spirits and is a very loving aunt.

Also, I thought it was strange that there wasn't any interaction between Cristina and Letizia. It would have been fun to see the two of them together holding their baby girls. (Remember how unhappy Cristina and Inaki looked at Leonor's christening.) Hope there aren't any bad feeling between them.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Nobility

as in any family there can be some tension but that be strange and I think that we have not enough of image between it to can of judge but one find generally letizia in interraction with elena but the child of christina seem adore their aunt letizia one can also say that it there have not much of interraction between letizia and the king as regards of letizia and of christina I have believe observe a tension at the time of fiesta national whereas letizia be pregnant but I with attach not more to importance point out you some beginning we see well this summer:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy
Yes, I was wondering about him, too. Jaime wasn't seen on the beach or in pictures on the boat. Nevertheless, Elena appeared in good spirits and is a very loving aunt.

Also, I thought it was strange that there wasn't any interaction between Cristina and Letizia. It would have been fun to see the two of them together holding their baby girls. (Remember how unhappy Cristina and Inaki looked at Leonor's christening.) Hope there aren't any bad feeling between them.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Courtier

It is difficult to have a good relationship with everyone, I dont think it is possble that all the members of the royal family have a great relationship, the most important thing is that they mantain mutual respect and do their best to be united. In the beggining i didnt see Elena and Letizia very close but now I think they enjoy a good relationship. It is more natural as they live in the same city. In any case Cristina is very close to her brother (Ive heard that in the past), so probably they just need more time to interact all together. Remember that the princes were not in Mallorca the whole week, they arrive at the end of the vacations.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy
We don't know if there wasn't interaction, or if there was and pictures didn't show. In fact, when Letizia arrives (that moment when the King is playing with Irene) she seems to move towards Cristina.

We all would like to see many more photos than those thousands that were published... I know I would kill for a picture of Irene and Leonor side-by-side or talking eachother... Victoria, Leonor and Irene... Kings holding both babies... and I could go forever ... but that wasn't the purpose... the purpose was to attend the Ressurection Mass in family! The fact that they took the babies, something that would be unimaginable some decades ago, it's a gesture of kindness from them and immense joy for us!

And we have to put ourselves in those mothers' position, you are at the Church door, and everyone starts shooting "Irene!" "Cristina" "Aqui/Here!" "Letizia" "Leonor" "Aqui/Here!" (I'm sure it was like this - even babies are starring to all the fuss) and you want to attend all, babies are starting to heavy tons, would you care if people think that you don't get along with your sister-in-law?!

As for the christening picture I thought that too but to be honest if I had four vivacious kids in that christening and knowing that they feel that palace as Grandparents house, I wouldn't look stressed I would look in panic ahahahahah.

Regards,
mtbcm :)
Old 04-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

a couple more photos from Corbis :

Old 04-21-2006, 02:13 PM
Courtier

I think part of the reason that it appears that Leonor got more attention than Irene is that she is younger. I think in most families there is a tendancy to gravitate towards the youngest. Because of the age difference, the family has also had several more months with Irene making Leonor a "novelty." I would also say that because Leonor has been more sheltered from the press than Irene, the family probably wanted to make sure she was dealing with the comotion well.

Thanks to everyone for the pics, they are all fantastic.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:05 PM
Serene Highness

I think Leonor got more attention because she historically has a more significant role to play than Irene. In addition, she is the only child of the Princes of Asturias as opposed to the fourth like Irene. I thought it was a lovely gesture on the King's part to tickle Irene and lift her in the air -- sending the message he said he felt when the Asturias pregnancy was announced "well, it's just another grandchild". It was a nice way to affirm the importance of each human being and not just the child who most probably will be named Heiress to the throne. I think both little girls are just adorable and that this family is very attentive to one another in a wonderful way. I have no idea if there is tension between Cristina and Letizia -- there sure doesn't seem to have been any in the past judging by photos. However, it could not have been easy for Cristina to watch her own daughter getting less attention than Leonor -- I think that's just human and maybe that is why there was less interaction than usual.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

On this pic, the King seems quiet proude of the Infantita. His look is very tender, that is obvious on this good resolution shot.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:40 PM
Nobility

I don't have the feeling that he is staring at leonor in this picture...

Tags
cristina, easter, easter 2004, easter 2005, easter 2006, elena, felipe, froilán de marichalar, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, infanta elena, irene urdangarín, jaime de marichalar, juan carlos i, juan urdangarín, letizia, mallorca, miguel urdangarin, pablo urdangarín, prince of asturias, princess of asturias, queen sofia, sofia (1938 -), spanish royal family, victoria de marichalar