Spanish Royal Easter Vacations (2004-2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
photofan said:
I get to see those pics... All the attention is for Leonor, aunts, grandma even letizia! the only one who paid a little attention to little Irene was her Granfather.. I think that's sad (but that's just my opinion)

DPA
http://i3.tinypic.com/w0lzj6.jpg

Just because we don't have a picture of it, it doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

Lula has said somewhere around this thread that the King lifted Leonor in his arms and kissed her, and there's no pictures of it.

Likewise the Queen could have played with Irene and no-one take a picture. And her aunt Elena indeed gave attention to Irene:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=238426&d=1145193179

crisiñaki said:
Thanks for all the pics.

I'm the only one wondering about Jaime, I have only seen him at the Easter Mass and it's like Iñaki was fulfilling the father figure for Froilan and Victoria as well in this holidays.

Yes, I was wondering about him, too. Jaime wasn't seen on the beach or in pictures on the boat. :confused: Nevertheless, Elena appeared in good spirits and is a very loving aunt.

Also, I thought it was strange that there wasn't any interaction between Cristina and Letizia. It would have been fun to see the two of them together holding their baby girls. (Remember how unhappy Cristina and Inaki looked at Leonor's christening.) Hope there aren't any bad feeling between them.

as in any family there can be some tension but that be strange and I think that we have not enough of image between it to can of judge but one find generally letizia in interraction with elena but the child of christina seem adore their aunt letizia one can also say that it there have not much of interraction between letizia and the king as regards of letizia and of christina I have believe observe a tension at the time of fiesta national whereas letizia be pregnant but I with attach not more to importance point out you some beginning we see well this summer:)

Lindy said:
Yes, I was wondering about him, too. Jaime wasn't seen on the beach or in pictures on the boat. :confused: Nevertheless, Elena appeared in good spirits and is a very loving aunt.

Also, I thought it was strange that there wasn't any interaction between Cristina and Letizia. It would have been fun to see the two of them together holding their baby girls. (Remember how unhappy Cristina and Inaki looked at Leonor's christening.) Hope there aren't any bad feeling between them.

It is difficult to have a good relationship with everyone, I dont think it is possble that all the members of the royal family have a great relationship, the most important thing is that they mantain mutual respect and do their best to be united. In the beggining i didnt see Elena and Letizia very close but now I think they enjoy a good relationship. It is more natural as they live in the same city. In any case Cristina is very close to her brother (Ive heard that in the past), so probably they just need more time to interact all together. Remember that the princes were not in Mallorca the whole week, they arrive at the end of the vacations.

Lindy said:

We don't know if there wasn't interaction, or if there was and pictures didn't show. In fact, when Letizia arrives (that moment when the King is playing with Irene) she seems to move towards Cristina.

We all would like to see many more photos than those thousands that were published... I know I would kill ;) for a picture of Irene and Leonor side-by-side or talking eachother... Victoria, Leonor and Irene... Kings holding both babies... and I could go forever :D ... but that wasn't the purpose... the purpose was to attend the Ressurection Mass in family! The fact that they took the babies, something that would be unimaginable some decades ago, it's a gesture of kindness from them and immense joy for us!

And we have to put ourselves in those mothers' position, you are at the Church door, and everyone starts shooting "Irene!" "Cristina" "Aqui/Here!" "Letizia" "Leonor" "Aqui/Here!" (I'm sure it was like this - even babies are starring to all the fuss) and you want to attend all, babies are starting to heavy tons, would you care if people think that you don't get along with your sister-in-law?!

As for the christening picture I thought that too but to be honest if I had four vivacious kids in that christening and knowing that they feel that palace as Grandparents house, I wouldn't look stressed I would look in panic ahahahahah:D.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

I think part of the reason that it appears that Leonor got more attention than Irene is that she is younger. I think in most families there is a tendancy to gravitate towards the youngest. Because of the age difference, the family has also had several more months with Irene making Leonor a "novelty." I would also say that because Leonor has been more sheltered from the press than Irene, the family probably wanted to make sure she was dealing with the comotion well.

Thanks to everyone for the pics, they are all fantastic.

I think Leonor got more attention because she historically has a more significant role to play than Irene. In addition, she is the only child of the Princes of Asturias as opposed to the fourth like Irene. I thought it was a lovely gesture on the King's part to tickle Irene and lift her in the air -- sending the message he said he felt when the Asturias pregnancy was announced "well, it's just another grandchild". It was a nice way to affirm the importance of each human being and not just the child who most probably will be named Heiress to the throne. I think both little girls are just adorable and that this family is very attentive to one another in a wonderful way. I have no idea if there is tension between Cristina and Letizia -- there sure doesn't seem to have been any in the past judging by photos. However, it could not have been easy for Cristina to watch her own daughter getting less attention than Leonor -- I think that's just human and maybe that is why there was less interaction than usual.

45085_42_16685772.jpg

On this pic, the King seems quiet proude of the Infantita. His look is very tender, that is obvious on this good resolution shot.

I don't have the feeling that he is staring at leonor in this picture...

clymène said:
I don't have the feeling that he is staring at leonor in this picture...

I agree in that particular photo he looks distracted.

oh my god the first and third photos of corbis are incredible.i just love love them,please please there are huge materials for avator in this thread,please make avator of these pics,i don't know how to make one,but i know I REALLY WANT AN AVATOR OF THIS ANGEL.someone please help.

There you have it ;)

Last edited:
elsa elsa what can i say? thank you thank you.
hope more come,hope i can use it.

It was so nice to see the whole family together! Esp since the baby girls weren't expected to attend.

OMG! what great photos thanks to everyone that posted them..Leonor is sooo sweet and I'm glad to see that Irene is getting some attention off her family too (especially grandpa).:D
I haven't been on for a few weeks now cos I was on holiday, so I guess its late but oh well HAPPY EASTER to you all (hope you had a good one):)

Now that it has been a week an a half since the pics, I still can't take away my eyes from Leonor, she is spectacular baby, she is so beautiful, nobody can deny it, also those who has said that Leonor isn't beautiful, and so on, and try to take out some physical features for criticized her, it is stupid, specially PARIS, who wrote some annoying things, I don't know if this it is about favourites crown princes, but it is, it's clear that you never gonna see leonor beautiful, so if you don't like prince Felipe and Letizia, please don't say horribles things

Finally there it is a picture of the King lifting Infanta Leonor. Why did it take so long and why so small?

planetcher said:
Finally there it is a picture of the King lifting Infanta Leonor. Why did it take so long and why so small?

Yes, finally, I already believed that I had seen visions.:p

I have not seen the photo in any other magazine, though if I saw the simágenes in television, a certification suffers because the King was totally of backs to the press and one did not see that he was doing

the photo of the king and infanta leonor is wonderful,just look at prince felipe's face,very proud dad.
what does the article about?

aryo said:
the photo of the king and infanta leonor is wonderful,just look at prince felipe's face,very proud dad.
what does the article about?

The article speaks on the Mass of Easter in Palma. Also it gathers the commentaries of a Spanish journalist (who gets confused more of once), saying that Menchu takes charge taking care of Leonor when her parents travel. The news is not very credible, probably she visits very much the girl when she is in Madrid, but nothing more. Test of it is that when the Princes travelled to Asturias, Menchu was in her house of Asturias and not in Madrid where Leonor was.

The pictures of baby Leonor are just priceless, especially the ones with her parents - so proud, contented and happy!

Just lovely. You can tell that she's going to grow up into a real beauty - especially her eyes - you can just drown in them!

Can't wait to see more pictures of her as she grows. And it seems that she's taken more of her father's looks!

The magazine Pronto is reporting also that since menchu's husband died she spent a lot of time in Madrid in the house of her sister Mari Sol, that she's Leonor's nannie (it seems she goes almost everyday to the princes house to take care of Leonor) and when Letizia and Felipe go in travels she stay with Leonor along with the other house personal. I think it is a possibility, why not?.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom