Spanish Royal Easter Vacations (2004-2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll have to say it again--the SRF rocks!

Leonor has been dubbed by Hola as the protagonista and TVE has called her el centro del atencion, and it's so easy to see why! ;) Irene isn't a very far second...they are most beautiful indeed!

IMO, their best features are their eyes. :cool: ;)

I beleive the little beauty is a mix of both parents. Lucky girl, I'm sure she will be a knock out when she grows up.

Thanks for all the fabulous photos. Leonor is a cutie, so is Irene and her brothers, and Infanta Elena's kids! *melts from cuteness overload*

It was great to see photos of Juan Carlos hugging and kissing Irene/Pablo. We don't often to get such pics and you can see he really is very fond of his grandchildren.

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg060417/prensa/noticias/Nacional/Nacional/200604/17/NAC-NAC-033.asp

The Royal Family, in the Mass of Easter in Palm Hundreds of persons, congregated together with the Majorcan cathedral, acclaimed the members of the Royal Family, with special attention in the Infanta Dona Leonor

PALM OF MAJORCA. Hundreds of persons, between neighbors and tourists, acclaimed yesterday the members of the Royal Family at their arrival to the cathedral of Palma to be present at the Mass of Easter. It was the first time that could see the Royal Family to the complete one since, last January 14, there took place the baptism of the Infanta Dona Leonor, daughter of the Princes of Asturias.

Photo gallery

http://www.abc.es/galerias/muestrarepo.asp?idrepo=658&lugar=#

The Queen and the Princess take equal cords of gold, though it seems that the hanger is different

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20060417/51244429530.html

Leonor, the queen of the family

THE KINGS GO WITH THEIR CHILDREN AND ALL THEIR GRANDSONS TO THE MASS OF EASTER IN PALM

DRAFT - 17/04/2006 BARCELONA
The assistance to the mass of Easter in the cathedral is already a traditional appointment in the stays of the royal family in Palm during the days of Holy Week. Yesterday, on Sunday of Resurrection, the family came to the complete one, included the small Leonor, whose few public appearances raise great expectation.

Ten minutes after midday, don Juan Carlos and dona Sofía came to the Majorcan cathedral in a vehicle led by the own Monarch, to which was following the car in which they were travelling don Felipe, dona Letizia and the infanta Leonor, to the one that her mother showed to the graphical reporters and to the numerous congregated public when they went down the car. Behind they came to the principal door of the cathedral the infanta Elena, Jaime de Marichalar and the children of both: FelipeJuan Froilán and Victoria Federica. In the last vehicle of the procession there were going the infanta Cristina, Iñaki Urdangarin and their four children: Juan Valentín, Pablo Nicolás, Miguel - the three with a showy green jersey apple - and the small Irene, in the arms of her mother.

The royal family posed during a few minutes for the numerous photographers and television cameras that were waiting for their arrival to the mass of Resurrection in the cathedral. In the shade of the door of the Almudaina of the Gothic Majorcan temple there were waiting the bishop, Jesus Murgui, and the members of the pertaining to a cathedral chapter, who greeted the Kings, the Princes and the dukes of Palm and Lugo. While, the hundreds of persons congregated around the cathedral were applauding and greeting to the royal family. The unanimous commentary was the great thing that there has grown the infanta Leonor and it calm that was.
Seguidamente, the royal family entered a crammed cathedral to follow the religious trade from the couches placed opposite to the major altar. Approximately an hour later, on having concluded the mass, there were going out for the principal door the members of the royal family, who were saying goodbye of the bishop and of the chapter while they were receiving vítores of the congregated persons.

Thank you for all those pictures they very nice.

I wouldn`t dress my kids the same, after all they are no twins each one is an indivitual

http://www.elmundo-eldia.com/2006/04/17/illes_balears/1145224810.html

The Majorcan 'baptism' of the Infanta Leonor

The heiress to the throne of Spain puts for the first time with the Royal Family the complete one in the door of the Cathedral of Palm

PALMA. - In only four minutes the photographers are capable of catching 235 photographies - five instantaneous ones per second-. " There is the too material one. Often it is bad to have so much because you do not know wherefrom choosing ". It was the case yesterday of the put official first one in Palm of the Infanta Leonor, heiress to the throne of Spain.

The Royal Family came to the complete one at 12.10 hours to the cathedral of Palm. The King Juan Carlos was leading a Volvo. In it also the Queen was travelling Sofia.

The following car, an Audi, it was handled by the Prince Felipe. Also he was accompanied By Letizia Ortiz, Princess of Asturias, and the authentic protagonist of the day, the Infanta Leonor de Borbón, in her baptism before the Majorcan society.

The infanta, of clear eyes, rubita and of rosy cheeks, put with a blue garment and a few socks roses. Letizia was dressing a clear suit and was smiling with mother's satisfaction. While, the Prince was supporting a white bib.
The Infanta Elena accompanied of Jaime de Marichalar, came together with their two children, Felipe Juan Froilán, who there looked at the camera in a tone half surprise or challenge and Victoria Federica, who was taking a long skirt.
The Infanta Cristina, beautiful and radiant, since always, dressed their three children (Juan Valentín, Pablo Nicolás and Miguel) with a green jersey with a navy blue trousers and she supported in arms her daughter, Irene Urdangarin de Borbón.

The public, a thousand, vibrated with the Royal Family. It was the case of 40-year-old Rosa Maria Sanchez, native of Alicante, of vacations in Palm, who waited for three quarters of hour in the door of the Seu. " They could have greeted a bit, but I am very satisfied. A lot of illusion has made me be able to see them personally ", stood out Sanchez to this diary.
Another tourist, 28-year-old Juan Mari Romero, native of Badajoz, went away to the cathedral because walking along the Maritime Walk realized the massive police presence. " I have found out about fluke ", admitted Romero.

Principal door

On having concluded the mass, which extended during 50 minutes and which was presided by the bishop of Majorca, Jesus Murgui and the dean of the cathedral of Palm, Juan Darder, the Royal Family went out again for the principal door and received warm vítores while its members were saying goodbye of the bishop and the chapter and were greeting the congregated persons.
The Kings of Spain moved to Palm last Holy Thursday to pass a few days during the Holy Week, epoch in which their presence is habitual in Majorca, in their residence of Marivent's Palace, to where they moved after the mass of Easter passed 13.15 hours for a familiar lunch.

http://www.ultimahora.es/discreto.dba?-1+12+356347

The infanta Leonor leads the traditional mass of Easter in the Seu

Soon after the midday, the kings of Spain, accompanied by their children, sons-in-law and grandchildren, between them the infanta Leonor, came in diverse cars to the Seu palmesana to be present at the mass of Easter, tradition that they follow for a few years. This time, nevertheless, was special because the act possessed a personage to whom they they all had desire of seeing, the small Leonor, which was doing her fourth appearance publicly from her birth.
And we say that they all had desire of seeing her because, apart from the fact that the machines of the photographers maddened to nothing that the baby appeared in arms of her mother, it was possible to hear a ripple followed by a deafening ovation on the part of the public who was overstocking the surroundings of the Cathedral of Majorca. And it is that it was not for less. The first-born one of the princes of Asturias was there, for the first time in Palm. Since it could not be differently.

The King and his wife, dona Sofía, were the first ones in coming. They did it on board of a Volvo that the Monarch was leading. Later the princes of Asturias came with the small Leonor. The princess Letizia, who was carrying it in arms, showed it to the whole world. The presents could observe that the speck that the infanta has in the nose was almost so imperceptible that more than to see we had to imagine it. Though, really, more than it, they were called her eyes the attention, beautiful, big and blue, and, certainly, the gesture of surprise before so many people who was declaring her name from all parts.

While the smallest of the house - the children of the dukes of Palm, Juan Valentín, Pablo Nicolás and Miguel, were dressing with blue shorts and green jersey, whereas Froilán was shorts and jacket - they were lining up next to theirrespective parents for the session of photos, the Queen was caressing the small Leonor simultaneously that the King did not know where to place, for what he chose to hope that the others were located. And it is that is seen that the babies, and especially the smallest of all, have reduced protagonism to the Monarch.
To the photos they followed the regards. First they spoke with the bishop Jesus Murgui, who kissed Leonor, and later they greeted to the canons, which were aligned in Indian row. After little less than a triumphal entry in the temple - the small Irene, daughter of the dukes of Palm, was taken by the nurse to one of the cars, for what she was not present at mass-, where thousands of flashes left their stela after the tour that they did for the central corridor up to the first row of banks, the mass began.
Finished the mass, the Royal Family lived through a new bath of multitudes. In this occasion, the infanta Leonor went out in arms of her father, the prince of Asturias. Again they posed before the photographers. Again they greeted to the concurrence and, after saying goodbye of the canons, entered their respective cars after a new ovation of the public, who was continuing in foot without having left their places - more than anything for that one of which the one who goes to Seville loses the chair-, and returned to Marivent.

http://www.diariodemallorca.es/

The Leonor's first Easter

Little, but very large. With the blue eyes opened widely and a face of surprise that was not stopping examining what was happening around her, the infanta Leonor took to herself all the flashes and the expectation of the day though she allowed that the compliments should distribute between all. The Royal Family to the complete one presided yesterday, one more year, at the traditional Mass of Easter of the Seu informed by the Bishop of Majorca, monsignor Jesus Murgui.

A wide cord of safety called the attention of more curious that as it was happening the morning they were accumulated in the surroundings of the Cathedral. The the first, the the second, third and up to a public's tenth row police officer did, for hours, to see, though out for an instant, to the daughter of the Princes of Asturias. " Will she come? ", they were wondering.

Soon after twelve o'clock the response was known. The King was coming leading his own car together with the Queen. The Prince was following him closely in the second vehicle in which dona Letizia, from the later seat was stopping to guess the head of the infanta. While don Felipe was opening the door , there were coming the Dukes of Lugo and those of Palma. The small ones turned into the area of attention.

Plaudits, shouts claiming a look and the almost automatic shot of cameras and mobile to catch the best instantaneous one. The Royal Family offered to pose, once again, for the press and the multitudinous public.
The bishop of Majorca remained in a discreet flat second before receiving in the doors of the Seu to Highnesses.

While the small Miguel was pulling the Queen to enter the church; the infanta Cristina was leaving her daughter Irene in the arms of her babysitter; the King, commit an outrage with each of his grandsons, he accompanied Froilán to greeting the Bishop, and Leonor, in arms of her mother, it was beginning the first time the Seu to attend a Mass of Easter.

Leonor has absolutely amazing eyes! And her eyelashes are so long! OMG, I have my exams in 3 weeks, but I just can't top admiring this little beauty:)

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Leonor has absolutely amazing eyes! And her eyelashes are so long! OMG, I have my exams in 3 weeks, but I just can't top admiring this little beauty:)

I don't think she's particulary beautiful, she has a strange nose ... But I have to admit that I am also struck by her eyelashes : so long for a baby !:)

Image from diariodemallorca

10zr1.jpg

The Kings are interested in the work of Barceló
The dean of the Seu will invite to Their Majestys to the inauguration of the chapel of Sant Pere

The Kings were interested in the work of Miquel Barceló in the chapel of Sant Pere of the cathedral of Palm. "It is very possible that he invites to them to the inauguration of his work in the chapel of Sant Pere, that will take place at the end of year", Juan Darder confirmed, dean of the cathedral of Palm.

http://www.elmundo-eldia.com/2006/04/17/illes_balears/1145224811.html

from ABC

They are larger and they are seen very well ;)

It seems that now I will be needing hollidays, again, to catch all this pictures and news.
These Easter photos are priceless, everyone seemed so relaxed and happy... seeing them with those bundle of joy one can understand why :).

Infanta Leonor is so big... and beautifull... and I think you all said what had to be said... I think she is a gorgeous mixture of mum and dad genes... and she seem to be a quite, attent and a sweat little princess...

All the kids looked great ... As for Irene she is from the Bórbon-Urgangarin kids the less borbonish...

I'm sorry I can't detail (the thread has already 13 pages and I had no time to see it in detail) so I'm going, once again, to thank you ALL for bringing these updates. Great Job!!!

* I love your new avatars, Lula and fan :)

Regards,
mtbc :)

it is certain, the dukes of palm remove happiness they are seen very simplicity :)

always it is seen miguel like worships its grandmother... provided that can be with her takes advantage of it.

purple_platinum said:
great photo gallery.... :D :D all in big size... :) :)

here's a close-up of Infanta Leonor's eyes...
http://imageshack.us

can't decide what colour is it.. it looks like deep green... :eek: ;)

(photo cropped from abc.es)

For me they are dark blue. I can't see green.

marilla said:
For me they are dark blue. I can't see green.
yes, yes, you're probably right... it seems like a blend of dark blue & green.. somehow like turquoise.. :D :D

1 more from deadlinepress

2006-04-14, Palma de Mallorca
Queen Sofia, gave the 37 Trofeum Princess Sofia, as all the years, in Palma de Mallorca.

To me it seem that Elenas husband always has that grumpy look on his face I think he does not really seem to be friendly. Does anybody else have that impression or is it just me:rolleyes:

I tkink the forms of Leonor eyes and the eyelashes are of Letizia and her dark blue eyes are of Felipe.She seems a candy:eek:

Many thanks for the pictures from sipa, annaraikko... lovely..lovely..

even bigger size images from EFE via elmundo.es

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom