Spanish National Day (2014-2023)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
I managed to see almost the entire ceremony in streaming. Finally Leonor and Sofia were out again.

Its a pity it was a great and wet day but it was great seeing the family and the especially the girls.

A video dedicated mostly to leonor and Sofia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=498&v=_n0wl5MK31Q

I think leonor seems to really enjoy this event. She's always smiling when the camera focus on her and looks genuinely interested on everything that goes on. Can't say the same about Sofia, who was sporting quite an "I'd rather be at home" kind of look :p

- And this is a bit OT, but saw it on FB and couldn't resist to share it. October 12th is always an important day for all the militars involved, but sure this year's parade will be really special for this guy and his girlfriend, such a sweet moment :wub:
https://www.facebook.com/UMEesp/videos/1798611167048880/

Last edited:
This years Spanish National Day celebrations will take place on Thursday October 12th in Madrid.

Letizia is very elegant and the infantas are always so nice, Sophia is now taller than Leonor
This year, Infanta Elena and her daughter are present perhaps to support her brother in this times

Last edited by a moderator:
It was nice to see Elena and her daughter present just wish they had dressed up for the occasion,she is still the kings sister.

The King,Queen and daughters watching the parade.

Last edited:
It was shocking to hear of the pilot's death yesterday, may he rest in peace. My thoughts and condolences are with his family and all those who knew him during what must be a difficult time for them.

On a lighter note, it was great to see the SRF celebrating the national day again. It seems that Infanta Elena and her family are in the crowds, it's a pity not to see them in the royal box though I understand there is a tension between her and Felipe (or at least, from everything I've read, that's the impression I've gotten). She seems very distant from it all though it still looked like she and Victoria enjoyed herself. Good to see that Victoria brought a friend along too ?
I love this man's jester hat in the Spanish colours :D

Elena wasn't with the general public, she was in one of the very few "guests boxes". She's not in the Royal Box because she's not a member of the Royal Family. People here and in other forums rail at Felipe as if it had been his decision that his sisters stop being members of the Royal Family upon his becoming King and complain about the unfairness of Elena's situation. That's probably why you have the idea that there is bad blood between them.

But the law that establishes who are members of the RF (Monarch, his/her parents, the spouse and descendants) was created decades before Felipe became King and it was Juan Carlos decision. Elena has known this for many years, it's a fact of her life, she knew she would stop being a working royal and when Felipe has asked her to do royal events (very few and far in between, like her aunts while his father started his reign), has attended without problems.

Elena wasn't with the general public, she was in one of the very few "guests boxes". She's not in the Royal Box because she's not a member of the Royal Family. People here and in other forums rail at Felipe as if it had been his decision that his sisters stop being members of the Royal Family upon his becoming King and complain about the unfairness of Elena's situation. That's probably why you have the idea that there is bad blood between them.

But the law that establishes who are members of the RF (Monarch, his/her parents, the spouse and descendants) was created decades before Felipe became King and it was Juan Carlos decision. Elena has known this for many years, it's a fact of her life, she knew she would stop being a working royal and when Felipe has asked her to do royal events (very few and far in between, like her aunts while his father started his reign), has attended without problems.

I presume you are talking to me, so if you are, thank you for the correction. It just looked like she was in the crowds because I couldn't see a "proper" photo of her in the visitors box. I read many posts in the older threads before I joined TRF and came to the conclusion that Elena and Felipe do not get on terribly well, which surprised me because I hadn't read anything about it elsewhere - only on the forums (should have taken it with a grain of salt!)

I agree, Felipe has always seemed to have a likeable character so I doubt that Elena's non-appearance in the royal box would have anything to do with that. 'Constitutional purposes' makes more sense to me, at least.

What time does the celebration start?

EDIT: Seeing older posts, I think it will start at 11:00.

Last edited:
Nice photos and it's great to see all the family attending. I like that Leonor is wearing her royal order.
I like Victoria Federica's Spanish pin!

I noticed the Duke of Alba at the Palace Reception he seems to be invited to most formal Court events.

My, Sofia is tall!
You'd be forgiven for thinking she's the oldest.

Back
Top Bottom