Spanish National Day (2014-2023)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New Queen of Spain with no hat no gloves , no brooch or necklace...when the King is in Grand Uniform !

I agree with you.
Leonor likely understands that one day she'll be standing where her father is now and will be presiding over the National Day events. I can understand why she would have many questions for her parents.

New Queen of Spain with no hat no gloves , no brooch or necklace...when the King is in Grand Uniform !
Well Queen Sofia did set a precedent in Spain for not wearing hats in the later years of her husband's reign. TBH I've only seen her wear them at events outside of Spain ie: William and Catherine's wedding in 2011. It seems to me that Letizia is following her example.

Here is a short video of the event containing the moments in time when some of these pictures were taken. It is an excellent video to illustrate the oft-repeated point that with photos one can easily spin an oppossing narrative to what were the actual facts on the ground.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtSihfZ9Wh4

Letizia was in no way being controlling, nor were the girls controlled zombies. Infact, it would appear that this is the first time we have seen Leonor so animated, so into the event and doing her own thing (except during her sister's christening when she was a toddler).

No where do we see Letizia fussing over her girls in an abnormal way. Infact to do less would make her appear as an uncaring, stiff, cold mother. It is to be expected that for such a long event, there will be times where she touches them to draw their attention away from/towards somethings (as we see in this video). Just like Felipe touching Letizia to communicate a message.

Here is a short video of the event containing the moments in time when some of these pictures were taken. It is an excellent video to illustrate the oft-repeated point that with photos one can easily spin an oppossing narrative to what were the actual facts on the ground.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtSihfZ9Wh4
Thanks for the video. Leonor really was in her element, I smiled when I saw how much into it she was and how many questions she had for mum and dad. It seems she enjoyed, and she better does, because hopefully she has many years ahead to attend this event, as Princess and then as Queen.

I don't think she is all over them she is making sure they are o.k. This is what I would expect her to do. The girls look fine and to me are getting used to the events that now are a part of their lives.

Agree, this is what parents do for and with their children, now in the case of these 2 lovely princesses their mother, QL is guiding them and telling them what is going on for they will be doing this in the future for many years to come. QL is in no way controlling her daughters, this is called being a great parent.........and she sure is. :)

Agree, this is what parents do for and with their children, now in the case of these 2 lovely princesses their mother, QL is guiding them and telling them what is going on for they will be doing this in the future for many years to come. QL is in no way controlling her daughters, this is called being a great parent.........and she sure is. :)

I agree, to me Letizia is just ensuring her daughters are comfortable in this very public position, and get an understanding of what is going on around them. I certainly would not interpret it as being controlling in any way.

If she would be this controlling hag, we would see children terrified of their mother and not laughing and hugging.

If she would be this controlling hag, we would see children terrified of their mother and not laughing and hugging.

I believe you are correct. There is no fear for their parents by these children. I have seen very controlling parents and the poor children always show a stiff un-natural reaction in public around them. Always afraid they will do something wrong and anger mom and dad. These girls love both their hands-on parents and grandmother.

I also think it is interesting that Juan-Carlos seems largely sidelined for these national celebrations now. I understand the need to let the new King and Queen get established, but J-C appears to largely have disappeared now.

Looked like the whole family was having a nice outing. Felipe and Letizia seemed to enjoy the festivities more this year than any other. And in no way did I think that the girls were being fussed over. All normal Mother/child interactions. Leonor especially seemed to be asking lots of questions and getting involved.

What I loved about that video was how to girls ran towards their car at teh end of ceremonies. Pure joy! Letizia was superfluous. When she came to do her motherly check to verify girls were ok, she quickly realized that she needn't have bothered and quickly turned away laughing. :ROFLMAO:

I also think it is interesting that Juan-Carlos seems largely sidelined for these national celebrations now. I understand the need to let the new King and Queen get established, but J-C appears to largely have disappeared now.

Yes, Juan-Carlos seems to be keeping a very low profile. Maybe health is not good at present time. Maybe he just wants to lead a quiet personal happy life. Whatever the reason, I hope he is happy.

What I loved about that video was how to girls ran towards their car at teh end of ceremonies. Pure joy! Letizia was superfluous. When she came to do her motherly check to verify girls were ok, she quickly realized that she needn't have bothered and quickly turned away laughing. :ROFLMAO:

I saw that also, and thought what a great mom checking on her daughters, it was nice to see that the girls had the self confidence to go to the car without their mother's help yet also nice to see mom checking on the girls, what a great mother she seems to be.....those girls are surely going to grow up with self confidence and self esteem which is a very good thing.:)

Agree with nearly all Posters, she seems to be a great and caring mum and is preparing her Girls (and especially Leonor) carefully for their future role.
BYe Bine

Spanish national day 2015

SPANISH NATIONAL DAY 2015/Fiesta Nacional de España

Monday October 12th, 2015

200px-Escudo_de_Espa%C3%B1a_%28mazonado%29.svg.png

Last edited:
It isn't October 12th yet and we do have the first polemic :cool:

Pablo Iglesias, the leader of Podemos, has declined the invitation to the King's reception at the Royal Palace after the parade. He says that his presence "is more necessary defending social justice that in this kind of events" or something along the lines. He added that some journalist told him that the event was "a bit of a boredom". Earlier this week his party was also news because they claimed to not have received the invitation, just to realize later (after the Royal House said the exact day and hour they sent it) that the invitation was send to an e-mail account they had not checked :D

Oh well, I have the feeling that some absences will be more a relief than an offense for the RF, anyway :lol:

Does the Casa Real send invitations per e-mail? I am surprised about that. I have experienced such an official reception in the Netherlands and there it came with a big envelope with in it: the actual invitation (nicely printed on thick paper with the royal arms in relief), a parking card, instructions, a note about observation by the Intelligence- and Security Service, a badge, etc.

Does the Casa Real send invitations per e-mail? I am surprised about that. I have experienced such an official reception in the Netherlands and there it came with a big envelope with in it: the actual invitation (nicely printed on thick paper with the royal arms in relief), a parking card, instructions, a note about observation by the Intelligence- and Security Service, a badge, etc.

This depends on the type of event. Probably for the national day of Spain send invitations by e-mail.

It isn't October 12th yet and we do have the first polemic :cool:

Pablo Iglesias, the leader of Podemos, has declined the invitation to the King's reception at the Royal Palace after the parade. He says that his presence "is more necessary defending social justice that in this kind of events" or something along the lines. He added that some journalist told him that the event was "a bit of a boredom". Earlier this week his party was also news because they claimed to not have received the invitation, just to realize later (after the Royal House said the exact day and hour they sent it) that the invitation was send to an e-mail account they had not checked :D

Oh well, I have the feeling that some absences will be more a relief than an offense for the RF, anyway :lol:

Well they certainly sound a bit immature :lol:

Back
Top Bottom