The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

This years Spanish National Day celebrations will take place on Thursday October 12th in Madrid.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Old 10-12-2017, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Letizia is very elegant and the infantas are always so nice, Sophia is now taller than Leonor
This year, Infanta Elena and her daughter are present perhaps to support her brother in this times
Old 10-12-2017, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

It was nice to see Elena and her daughter present just wish they had dressed up for the occasion,she is still the kings sister.

The King,Queen and daughters watching the parade.

Old 10-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

One of the fighter jets crashed after the parade & fly over. The pilot has died.

https://politica.elpais.com/politica...42_584249.html
Old 10-12-2017, 11:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
One of the fighter jets crashed after the parade & fly over. The pilot has died.

That's awful. My deepest sympathies to the pilot's family and friends.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

Oh dear God. Talk about bad omens!

Terrible to hear about this.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-12-2017, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Terrible news on Spanish National Day

Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo and her daughter,Doña Victoria Federica de Marichalarwatching the Madrid celebrations.

http://ppe-agency.com/show.php?start...017%20National
Old 10-13-2017, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It was shocking to hear of the pilot's death yesterday, may he rest in peace. My thoughts and condolences are with his family and all those who knew him during what must be a difficult time for them.

On a lighter note, it was great to see the SRF celebrating the national day again. It seems that Infanta Elena and her family are in the crowds, it's a pity not to see them in the royal box though I understand there is a tension between her and Felipe (or at least, from everything I've read, that's the impression I've gotten). She seems very distant from it all though it still looked like she and Victoria enjoyed herself. Good to see that Victoria brought a friend along too
I love this man's jester hat in the Spanish colours

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-15-2017, 03:26 PM
Nobility

Elena wasn't with the general public, she was in one of the very few "guests boxes". She's not in the Royal Box because she's not a member of the Royal Family. People here and in other forums rail at Felipe as if it had been his decision that his sisters stop being members of the Royal Family upon his becoming King and complain about the unfairness of Elena's situation. That's probably why you have the idea that there is bad blood between them.

But the law that establishes who are members of the RF (Monarch, his/her parents, the spouse and descendants) was created decades before Felipe became King and it was Juan Carlos decision. Elena has known this for many years, it's a fact of her life, she knew she would stop being a working royal and when Felipe has asked her to do royal events (very few and far in between, like her aunts while his father started his reign), has attended without problems.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaC View Post
Elena wasn't with the general public, she was in one of the very few "guests boxes". She's not in the Royal Box because she's not a member of the Royal Family. People here and in other forums rail at Felipe as if it had been his decision that his sisters stop being members of the Royal Family upon his becoming King and complain about the unfairness of Elena's situation. That's probably why you have the idea that there is bad blood between them.

But the law that establishes who are members of the RF (Monarch, his/her parents, the spouse and descendants) was created decades before Felipe became King and it was Juan Carlos decision. Elena has known this for many years, it's a fact of her life, she knew she would stop being a working royal and when Felipe has asked her to do royal events (very few and far in between, like her aunts while his father started his reign), has attended without problems.
I presume you are talking to me, so if you are, thank you for the correction. It just looked like she was in the crowds because I couldn't see a "proper" photo of her in the visitors box. I read many posts in the older threads before I joined TRF and came to the conclusion that Elena and Felipe do not get on terribly well, which surprised me because I hadn't read anything about it elsewhere - only on the forums (should have taken it with a grain of salt!)

I agree, Felipe has always seemed to have a likeable character so I doubt that Elena's non-appearance in the royal box would have anything to do with that. 'Constitutional purposes' makes more sense to me, at least.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank

Tags
king felipe, national day, national day 2015, queen letizia, spanish national day, spanish national day 2015