The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Nobility

A nice smile here
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2007/07101220.jpg

By the way, the hairstyle reminds me of Camilla's- well it is Camilla Parkes-Bowles hairdo

Old 10-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Elena looks exactly like I expect a royal princess should look like: "royally" elegant.
Letizia's dress is nice, and I understand she is making many efforts to look elegant, but, IN MY OPINION, in her outfits there is always something wrong. I also don't like her hairdo, she looks like she is wearing a whig!
IN MY OPINION, also the Infantas sometimes wear something wrong, but they have so much class and style that we hardly notice it.
Felipe in uniform looks gorgeous!
I like a lot the King's smiling face when greeting all the guests at the palace.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouwrein View Post
A nice smile here
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2007/07101220.jpg

By the way, the hairstyle reminds me of Camilla's- well it is Camilla Parkes-Bowles hairdo
True and she is twenty years older. In the 70ies it was Farrah Fawcett and in the 80ies Heather Locklear. Some time ago Madonna thought it was fashionable and now Letizia It just looks messy on her as if her hairdryer exploded.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
the Infantas sometimes wear something wrong, but they have so much class and style that we hardly notice it.
I don't agree with you. Christina is an infanta and always looks like a mess, she has no style. Elena dresses better than Christina but IMO she isn't elegant, her hair is a mess and is very unattractive
Old 10-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Oh okay, Thanks Lula. Is there a lunch after the meeting at the palace or is it just a meeting? Because, if im not mistaken it takes place just before or around lunch times

Pictures from getty

The family 1
Aw Juan Carlo's face is so cute, he looks like a child ..
I love this one: http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9083/77302111zm0.jpg
Old 10-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Aristocracy

Well, it seems to me that Cristina, but viewed with simplicity, and even if not always right in his clothes, it is elegant in itself, it does not make it, his presence is elegant, as is Sofia and the Helena, certainly not that of Letizia, who also is not dressed almost never properly.
I love this photo, it is moving to see the complicity between the kings

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...2aaf5fae8g.jpg
Old 10-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Elena as always, superb, the best dressed lady of the SRF, simply perfect
The Queen in her "professional" style, adecuate, nice, but not overly good
Cristina was a bit dark in my opinion, but the curling of her hair gave life to her outfit, pretty shoes though
Letizia: the dress was too short, she had the Farrah Fawcett hairdo and those blue Aviator Ray-Ban are a big no no no, thankfully she wore a nice coat and had closed-toe shoes
Old 10-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Letizia's dress is nice, and I understand she is making many efforts to look elegant, but, IN MY OPINION, in her outfits there is always something wrong. .
Well...i respect your opinion but y really think that you are wrong and I doubt that Letizia make efforts to be elegant,she is an elegant woman, however, I think that other princesses make many efforts to be the best at the expense of the economy of their country and without caring nothing if she wasted too much money or not.
Princess Letizia is an exemplary princess and I, as Spanish, am very proud of her.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Courtier

I really like Letizia's coat and the dress - but she ruin it with the stockings, really. Such a shame.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess leonor View Post
The royal grandchildren were there again also. Could somebody post the bigger versions of these pictures? I would love to have a better look at them. The royal ladies all look lovely today. I love Letizia's and Cristina's curls, but Elena's hair is great, it looks so good on her!
Could someone please post some of the picture of the grandchildren so we can see them. I don't have access to anything but the thumbnail prints. If there is a way to view, could you also tell us how. THANKS!!
Old 10-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Serene Highness

The pictures of the grandchildren are visible at IPA press, but I don't have access to it either, which is why I was hoping somebody that does, might be able to post them on this forum
Old 10-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I really like Elena's outfit. It sort of looks like Cristina is taking fashion advice from Mette-Marit in regards to the dark, a bit matronly look of her clothes... Other than that, her appearance is more than okay.

I've often held Letizia's sharp, well-fitted, suits as a goal for how I would like Mette-Marit to dress, but here… she doesn't quite make the cut. It's not bad, so don't get me wrong. It's just not "the classy Letizia" I'm used to seeing - she can do so much better. The blue is a relatively nice colour on her, though given her eye-colour I wonder if I might have preferred the coat/dress in warm greens or browns instead?

Are there any other ways than the military parade and the cocktail party going on afterwards that the Spanish celebrate their national day? Are there parades all over Spain, or just in Madrid?
Old 10-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Courtier

From TVE
VIDEOS

Old 10-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouwrein View Post
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/8...icture1tu1.png
Hope we'll have more photos soon. I really love the blue dress that Letizia is wearing, very stylish, very youthful and yes, it is above the knee- maybe same length as the black dress in the dinner in Palma de Mallorca, so I am expecting much fuss about it later in this forum But I really love the dress , hope to see it more- without the jacket during the reception dinner later. It is kind of similar to a dress that Charlotte Casiraghi wore last year or 2005 (?). The jacket too has a shorter sleeves, same sleeve length to Mary's beige jacket in Romania, longer than 3/4 sleeves- just enough to let us see the watch they're wearing
In this picture she looks like one of Charlie's Angels.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Aristocracy

Absolutely beautiful

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...7330667501.jpg
Old 10-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyLeonor View Post
What is Elena tryring to do with her fingers in this photo?
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/5...055b25dob2.jpg
Old 10-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Courtier

She is probably fixing her ring...
Old 10-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Nobility

Spanish Crown Princess Letizia attends a military parade marking the Spanish National Day, in Madrid, Spain on October 12, 2007. October 12th marks the day when Christopher Columbus discovered America

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/816/683393gb3.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7917/683384os2.jpg
Old 10-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

lovely outfit for letizia. we are not that used to seeing her in blue, and i think it does suit her very well. i loved her sunglasses as well and her purse is as always superb.

not too sure about the curls though, although i appreciate her desire for image innovation.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Aristocracy

love letizia's outfit as well as elena's, very elegant, not sure about cristina's, i think i've seen her in this type of dress too many times.

Tags
cristina, elena, felipe, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, infanta elena, jaime de marichalar, juan carlos i, letizia, national day, prince of asturias, princess of asturias, queen sofia, sofia (1938 -), spain, spains national day, spainsh national day, spanish royal family