The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouwrein View Post
IMO, Pablo has the most beautiful facial features of the Borbon grandkids, very angelic face- beautiful eyes, nose, lips shape of face, he's just beautifully made

Crisiñaki, if you don't mind, do you also have the HQ of this one from PPE? Thank you
I know, he's simply gorgeous
and of course I don't mind!, here it is:
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8637/letyin7.jpg

Old 10-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
ABC.es: nacional - nacional - «Me alegra veros a todos unidos»

" It makes me happy to meet all united "

All the sectors of the Spanish society, from the times of the Transition to the present day, overturned yesterday in the celebration of the National Day, and the Royal palace was on the verge of placing the cartel of "completely" during the receipt that there offered Their Majesties the Kings after the parade.

The guests who represent every year - high institutions of the State, of this Government and of the previous ones and representatives of all the sectors of the society-, were added yesterday by others that are not in the habit of coming to this type of acts, but that in these moments of antimonarchic offensive wanted to have " a gesture " with the Wreath.
(....)

Probably the presence of all these persons was the one that led him to affirming Don Juan Carlos: " makes me happy to meet all united", when one saw surrounded with journalists and invited them to drink with him and to celebrating the National Day. Also the King commented, when one asked him about the military parade, that that of yesterday was " one of the best ".

Near Don Juan Carlos, the Prince of Asturias was answering to the questions on his daughters, the Infantas Leonor and Sofia, of that Don Felipe was saying that still they were very young to take them to the parade. " They watch it on the TV ", was affirmed by him. And the Princess, with the hair wavy and dressed in blue, was proving to be very deceived for was able to go this year to the delivery of the prizes Prince of Asturias and very moved because on Wednesday, the 24th she will receive the title of Daughter of Oviedo, her natal city.

The Queen was speaking about her grandchildren, since yesterday she had the eight " in house ", and was making clear that they had had to place the beds in row in order that they were fitting all. She spoke what there loved her grandsons Felipe and Juan, that they are inseparable, and how together Leonor and Irene play, that they have grown together. Also said Dona Sofía that she was charmed with the debates that she saw for television, and directed a praise her daughter-in-law, the Princess of Asturias, for her facility to speak publicly. The Queen said that she admires her because " she has very much trade ".

Lula, many thanks for this article. It's very intersting the melting with serious things of the political fields and the very nice description of the Queen Sofia in her role of Grandmother, so cute!

If i can add two words about all that it was said about how were dressed the woman of the Royal Family:

- I agree to say that the Infanta Elena was intrinsicly the most refined and elegant one: her great secret is to know how matching up quiet perfectly her outfit and her accessoiries. But, a little bemol for her make up wich is not at the same level that her personality but the whole " formidable".

- The Queen, always regal with her wardrobe: nothing to say which wouldn't a compliment because it's perfect for her like that since a while; exactly as the Quenn EII in their respective styles quiet never taste' s fault - even i I don't like the favourite Queen of Spain 's pyjamas! -

- The Princess of Asturias, absolutly stunning for at least two resons. First because she is totally surprising people there where nobody was waiting for with her hairdo and the color and the lenght of her outfit. Secondly because of course her outfit and her hairdo was so unexpected that the reactions were extreme.
To be clear - Every body know I'm biaised- I found the Princess absolutly fantastic with an outfit - coat and dress- in a " camaieu" of blue estupendous and a very well cuted. The touch of the true elegancy is....her shoes and tighs in the same color "taupe" ( a mixing of grey, bue/violin ; Idon't know the word in englis) so refined. If the Princess of Asturia is wearing very often darks tights it's because, as she is as saying herself, to avoid that her legs look like so stick than she thaught she had when she was teen ager. But in this occurency it's because she is wearing an outfit above the kneels and so to create a silhouet well equlibrated when you are, as Letizia is, petite. For me up to now, absolutly succesfull, more her style is becomming more and more "haute couture" for special official acts and I'm very glad for that.
To end, her hairdo: It's marvellous because it will be always a subjet of conversation! But as it's always the same critics with a different way to express it - according to the Princess of Asturias arrangements:tonks: - it is necessary to examine the complaints : For yesterday's case Letizia wouldcopy a pseudo awful cut of hair that more millions of women are wearing during the 70rd years.... why not! But it's not exactly the case, if we have to make a comparaison, I prefer to do it with the hairdo with curls like ringlets so beautifull for young women yet in the XIX century. It's the reason why - and because too I'm biaised- I find the modern version of the ringlets as these wearing by the Princess ofAsturias: estupendous.

- The Infanta Cristina who also had adopted the look ringlet, that I find well fo her if her make up is in accordance t. But for reasons that I can explain it, her make up is may be too serious for the swetness that the rinlets can bring to it. I like her strange style, the one be shyed by th people while in reality it's not her true problem. But I thinks that her true landscape of life is the the sea, the boat in jeans and t-shirt it's the reason why when she is obliged to wear a too sofisticated outfit, it's very often diffilcut for her. Yesterday her outfit was perfect for her... excepted it was many more too long. It would be estupendous just on the kneels. Her shoes in varnish yes absolutly right, but they look like to an ol and well know model of Feragamo which don't match at all with her silhouet.

It was the chronicle of Adelaide from TRF about the vanities* of a serious day!

* Sorry it's the vanities of one day, not the "Vanity of this day"! What a shame for me

Old 10-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Nobility

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post

Oh thank you so much crisiñaki How could I ever thank you enough. You made a lot of us here in the Royal forums very happy. I am truly delighted seeing the radiant smile of the Princess of Asturias in HQ
Old 10-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyLeonor View Post
Has someone the bigger version of this pic?
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...7330667501.jpg
She's absolutely stunning. Love her outfit except for her stockings. She could have worn a much longer skirt or dress so she wont have to wear stockings. I prefer her stockings the other day, the net stockings than this one.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you al so much for posting so many beautiful pictures, and especially the ones of the children. Theyre so cute. Does anyone know who took them there? Is it with school or just friends?
Old 10-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

they were with their nannies and with Cristina de Borbon Dos Sicilias and her husband, their children were also there
Old 10-13-2007, 03:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
ABC.es: nacional - nacional - «Me alegra veros a todos unidos»

The Queen was speaking about her grandchildren, since yesterday she had the eight " in house ", and was making clear that they had had to place the beds in row in order that they were fitting all. She spoke what there loved her grandsons Felipe and Juan, that they are inseparable, and how together Leonor and Irene play, that they have grown together. Also said Dona Sofía that she was charmed with the debates that she saw for television, and directed a praise her daughter-in-law, the Princess of Asturias, for her facility to speak publicly. The Queen said that she admires her because " she has very much trade ".
All the kids in Zarzuela? Probably their grandparents couldn't sleep..
I like Leo and Irene and I really like to hear how together they play i hope to see Leo and Irene next year seeing the parade already.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Courtier

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5935/letipd9.png
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6213/cpcow1.png
Old 10-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyLeonor View Post
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5935/letipd9.png
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6213/cpcow1.png
I love Princess Letizia, she will be a great Queen someday and she looks great in these pictures! If you look at her hair it looks like her daughters,lol. I think all those future princess should follow Princess Mary, Diana, Princess of Wales and Princess Letizia of how to become a good princesses, unlike some. (Not mentioning names).

Philip Elmer-Dewitt, in Time Magazine
Old 10-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Princess View Post
I love Princess Letizia, she will be a great Queen someday and she looks great in these pictures! If you look at her hair it looks like her daughters,lol. I think all those future princess should follow Princess Mary, Diana, Princess of Wales and Princess Letizia of how to become a good princesses, unlike some. (Not mentioning names).
I love Letizia too! and I hope she will be The Queen someday because I think she will do it very good
Old 10-14-2007, 04:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Lots of photos here:
MediumPhoto
Old 10-14-2007, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post

Thank you Crisiñaki for the photo, this is the kind of pictures I was searching, HQ facial photos of Letizia, to admire her beauty and, in this picture, her pretty smile.

And one question, where did you find the photo???.

When I saw Letizia with that hair I thought that it didn´t convences me, but after the more I see her hairstyle, the more I like it, and more after I see this photo http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5935/letipd9.png (thank you BeautyLeonor).

Thanks and greetings to all members.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
http://www.lacalle-online.com/interi...323aa09b7169d1

The princess of Asturias has reappeared today in the parade of the Armed Forces with a change of style that has surprised many.

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 10-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for all the photos!

Elena was definitely the best dressed, she looked very elegant. I loved Letizia's outfit, she chose such a gorgeous shade of blue, the only low point fo rme were the tights, I didn't like them at all, otherwise everything was perfect.

As for Cristina-awful! She looked 10 years older, I'm not sure about her recently, she's been wearing very dowdy and frumpy outfits.....
Old 10-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Nobility

For me the best dessed were princess Letizia and infanta Elena.The first one looks antiquated however it´s a TREND nowadays(Sometimes it seems that people do not know this and they believes that Letizia comment a big styling mistake,so it´s important to remember it) .She looks petite and beautiful.And Elena was classic and elegant as always.

http://i81.imagethrust.com/i/923096/...er00191358.jpg
Old 10-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Royal Highness

Elena was best dressed. Sofia looked good, too.
Thanks for pictures.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

For me Elena looked much much much better than others.

Letizia was too blue. When does she stop to wear coats inside and tights like this? Again a hair-do which I don't like on her. Worst version of Farrah Fawcett
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...MPH/242122.jpg or new kind of Camila...
Old 10-15-2007, 06:01 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
I have a question for royal bon ton "experts": is it considered nice to wear sunglasses on public events?
I have read somewhere that Queen Elisabeth never does! I don't know if that is true.
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...77301134&cdi=0
I have wondered about that too. It's only the ladies who wear sunglasses, I have never seen the King or Felipe wearing sunglasses at such an occasion.
QE II and sunglasses - I can't recall either but Diana (and Charles) did on several occasions, and so did Queen Sonja of Norway. Besides there is not too much opportunity in Britain ... much less sun than in Spain
Old 10-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Galleries Prisma

Desfile en el dia de la Hispanidad - Agencia Prisma

http://www.prismanews.com/spip.php?article1442
Old 10-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

There is a video on Hola
hola.com - Vídeos del día

Tags
cristina, elena, felipe, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, infanta elena, jaime de marichalar, juan carlos i, letizia, national day, prince of asturias, princess of asturias, queen sofia, sofia (1938 -), spain, spains national day, spainsh national day, spanish royal family