The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyLeonor View Post
Has someone the bigger version of this pic?
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...7330667501.jpg

Old 10-13-2007, 12:15 AM
Courtier

Here's my fashion review if you will:

Queen- well, she dressed like her typical "professional style" outfit. I would've expected something a little more than that. Nonetheless, she looked good.

Letizia- I actually liked her dress and her hair. But stockings? And I thought there's too much blue.

Elena- Perfect.

Cristina- Boring and too dark. How can some people call her "very stylish" today? Her outfit screams "BORING". Besides I don't understand her skirt, it's like hanging weird or something. Very nice hair though.

Best-dressed: Elena
Worst-dressed: Cristina

Old 10-13-2007, 02:31 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...7330667501.jpg

Wow she's just beautiful and stunning.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:57 AM
Heir Apparent

My future son-in-law

(scanpix.dk)
Old 10-13-2007, 03:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
too late he's already taken..
Old 10-13-2007, 03:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouwrein View Post
A nice smile here
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2007/07101220.jpg

By the way, the hairstyle reminds me of Camilla's- well it is Camilla Parkes-Bowles hairdo

She looks very, very old with that hairdo I don`t like it at all
Old 10-13-2007, 04:02 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
In this picture she looks like one of Charlie's Angels.
And with those sunglasses she could have appeared in Kojak, only the lollipop is missing.

Sorry but Farrah Fawcett hair and Telly Savalas sunglasses are a big NoNo for the National Day (and not speaking of the short dress and those ugly grandma stockings).
Old 10-13-2007, 04:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
IMO, Pablo has the most beautiful facial features of the Borbon grandkids, very angelic face- beautiful eyes, nose, lips shape of face, he's just beautifully made

Crisiñaki, if you don't mind, do you also have the HQ of this one from PPE? Thank you
Old 10-13-2007, 05:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

ABC.es: nacional - nacional - «Me alegra veros a todos unidos»

" It makes me happy to meet all united "

All the sectors of the Spanish society, from the times of the Transition to the present day, overturned yesterday in the celebration of the National Day, and the Royal palace was on the verge of placing the cartel of "completely" during the receipt that there offered Their Majesties the Kings after the parade.

The guests who represent every year - high institutions of the State, of this Government and of the previous ones and representatives of all the sectors of the society-, were added yesterday by others that are not in the habit of coming to this type of acts, but that in these moments of antimonarchic offensive wanted to have " a gesture " with the Wreath.
(....)

Probably the presence of all these persons was the one that led him to affirming Don Juan Carlos: " makes me happy to meet all united", when one saw surrounded with journalists and invited them to drink with him and to celebrating the National Day. Also the King commented, when one asked him about the military parade, that that of yesterday was " one of the best ".

Near Don Juan Carlos, the Prince of Asturias was answering to the questions on his daughters, the Infantas Leonor and Sofia, of that Don Felipe was saying that still they were very young to take them to the parade. " They watch it on the TV ", was affirmed by him. And the Princess, with the hair wavy and dressed in blue, was proving to be very deceived for was able to go this year to the delivery of the prizes Prince of Asturias and very moved because on Wednesday, the 24th she will receive the title of Daughter of Oviedo, her natal city.

The Queen was speaking about her grandchildren, since yesterday she had the eight " in house ", and was making clear that they had had to place the beds in row in order that they were fitting all. She spoke what there loved her grandsons Felipe and Juan, that they are inseparable, and how together Leonor and Irene play, that they have grown together. Also said Dona Sofía that she was charmed with the debates that she saw for television, and directed a praise her daughter-in-law, the Princess of Asturias, for her facility to speak publicly. The Queen said that she admires her because " she has very much trade ".
Old 10-13-2007, 05:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
ABC.es: nacional - nacional - «Me alegra veros a todos unidos»

" It makes me happy to meet all united "

All the sectors of the Spanish society, from the times of the Transition to the present day, overturned yesterday in the celebration of the National Day, and the Royal palace was on the verge of placing the cartel of "completely" during the receipt that there offered Their Majesties the Kings after the parade.

The guests who represent every year - high institutions of the State, of this Government and of the previous ones and representatives of all the sectors of the society-, were added yesterday by others that are not in the habit of coming to this type of acts, but that in these moments of antimonarchic offensive wanted to have " a gesture " with the Wreath.
(....)

Probably the presence of all these persons was the one that led him to affirming Don Juan Carlos: " makes me happy to meet all united", when one saw surrounded with journalists and invited them to drink with him and to celebrating the National Day. Also the King commented, when one asked him about the military parade, that that of yesterday was " one of the best ".

Near Don Juan Carlos, the Prince of Asturias was answering to the questions on his daughters, the Infantas Leonor and Sofia, of that Don Felipe was saying that still they were very young to take them to the parade. " They watch it on the TV ", was affirmed by him. And the Princess, with the hair wavy and dressed in blue, was proving to be very deceived for was able to go this year to the delivery of the prizes Prince of Asturias and very moved because on Wednesday, the 24th she will receive the title of Daughter of Oviedo, her natal city.

The Queen was speaking about her grandchildren, since yesterday she had the eight " in house ", and was making clear that they had had to place the beds in row in order that they were fitting all. She spoke what there loved her grandsons Felipe and Juan, that they are inseparable, and how together Leonor and Irene play, that they have grown together. Also said Dona Sofía that she was charmed with the debates that she saw for television, and directed a praise her daughter-in-law, the Princess of Asturias, for her facility to speak publicly. The Queen said that she admires her because " she has very much trade ".
Very nice anecdotes lula, thanks for posting them. Hope to see Irene and Leonor next year watching the parade already, the photographers will be very busy taking pictures of these two beautiful little girls All 8 grandkids in the Zarzuela- maybe they did a family photoshoot for the christmas card
Old 10-13-2007, 05:49 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Also said Dona Sofía that she was charmed with the debates that she saw for television, and directed a praise her daughter-in-law, the Princess of Asturias, for her facility to speak publicly. The Queen said that she admires her because " she has very much trade ".
Hmmm ... Letizia being praised for her facility to speak publicly ... I must have missed something
Old 10-13-2007, 06:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Hmmm ... Letizia being praised for her facility to speak publicly ... I must have missed something
Publicly isn't only in front of tv cameras, princes and kings have very meetings with many people without cameras.... f.e. yesterday into recepcion.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:32 AM
Aristocracy

Doña Letizia reaparece en la recepción tras sus dos embarazos- Lavanguardia.es - Noticias, actualidad, última hora en Cataluña y España

Doña Letizia reappears at the reception after her two pregnancies

She commented yesterday that next year would like to see at least his eldest daughter, the Infanta Leonor, could attend the parade as they did yesterday his cousins Marichalar and Urdangarin. Doña Letizia surprised with a hairstyle wave, style in which coincided with Doña Elena, wearing her hair collected and Doña Cristina, which led him loose. (sorry for traslation)

(...)

Don Felipe said to face up the arrival of 40 years with the joy of seeing his daughters grow up and responded with a "quiet" who persisted in their efforts to obtain a few words with which to embellish a chronicle written in advance.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
And the best dressed award goes to ... Elena, as always. She looks fab.
Cristina is very stylish too and another poster mentioned Inaki's tie - love it
I like Letizia's coat and dress but the stockings and shoes ... what color is this? Grey or blue? It looks odd. I agree with those who thought the dress is too short for the occasion. Her hair ... I don't know. It's that 70ies housewife style Madonna reinvented a while ago. Despite the curler style it still looks unstyled and messy. Too much.

Queen Sofia looks good too. Great that they are always lucky with the weather (at least last year there was sunshine too).
I have to agree. Her hair looks too 70's. Almost too flat on the top. Her stockings and shoes are not flattering for the dress. Agree with you 110%!!
Old 10-13-2007, 08:02 AM
Nobility

Cristina looks old , curly hair doesn't suit her at all and her outfit

Letizia ' dress looks ok , love the colors but curly doesn't suit her so much

Elena looks rather nice and the queen looks fair. more pics from seegerpress:

Old 10-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Nobility

Old 10-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Aristocracy

i think all woman looking not like themselves....

Cristina and Letztia look so aweful with curly hair.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like a lot the pics you've posted emilieweber2004, thanks!
Inaki looks gorgeous. He is handsomer and handsomer.
I have a question for royal bon ton "experts": is it considered nice to wear sunglasses on public events?
I have read somewhere that Queen Elisabeth never does! I don't know if that is true.
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...77301134&cdi=0
Old 10-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp View Post
I think that Letizia and Christina probably went to the hair stylist together to get the curls.....it would be funny if Letizia, Christina and Elena all show up with curly hair!!
Elena has styled curls too but it is not too different from her normal look, for me her styling was the nicest of all ladies.

Looks like the hairstylist felt like doing curls that day and luckily Queen Sofia escaped. Just imagine her turning up with curls ...

Tags
cristina, elena, felipe, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, infanta elena, jaime de marichalar, juan carlos i, letizia, national day, prince of asturias, princess of asturias, queen sofia, sofia (1938 -), spain, spains national day, spainsh national day, spanish royal family