The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

PHOTOS : Les enfants de la famille royale d'Espagne vous souhaitent de bonnes fêtes !

Old 12-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Courtier

Aw all the kids looked really cute in those cards.

Princes of Asturias' card is too sweet for words, the lovely smile of Leonor just like an angel take my heart away... Infanta Sofía has grown up so much, so sad that she looked a little "sad" in the card, but we can see that she is a beautiful baby, her facial features are so delicate, she looks exactly like her mom.

Elena's card is really cute, both kids looked very good!

Cristina's card is LOVELY, the Urdangarin four looked precious in that photo, I am IN LOVE with Irene, she is really beautiful, really cute!

Old 12-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Nobility

Thank you for posting the pics. Lovely to see the children. They are all so cute
Old 12-18-2008, 02:56 AM
Royal Highness

Spanish Royal Children Christmas Cards
all of them wonderful

Galerías de imágenes
Old 12-18-2008, 03:38 AM
Serene Highness

Aren't these the cutest pictures ever? (I had to refrain from writing that in bold, italicized and underlined with extra exclamation points. )

My fave photo would be that of Pablo. He's such a handsome boy.

And, the Asturias two and Urdangarin four all have lovely eyes.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:21 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
I liked that card as well, but I'm not sure if you remember there was a huge fuss made about how it looked like a catalogue, it looked fake, too posey etc.

It seems they all thought natural shots of the children would be best.
yes i do and i never understood the fuss. don't get me wrong the shots are lovely and especially regarding elena's & cristina's children the christmas cards are almost the only opportunity for such shots to be published. i just don't get the connection between christmas and pictures showing the kids during summer holidays wearing beachwear (or summer dresses, like leonor & sofia).

especially the infantas are denied the usual shots on special occasions like birthdays, vacations etc (instead of a controlled shoot like eg the dutch do there is this annual uncontrolled mallorca-hullabaloo) therefore it would have been nice to publish the christmas card pic on a birthday occasion instead and sticking with a christmas-related motif for the christmas card, like in 2006.

yes children need to be protected but the infantas are hardly over-exposed in the media, rather the opposite. their public appearances within a year can almost be counted on one hand and in 2008 there wasn't a single photoshoot.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:17 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

I agree with Duke of Marmalade. The children are all wonderful and precious but... these cards for Christmas?... Where is the link between this time of the year (the Religious meaning, the Snow, the Family united) with these summer images? They could at least join everyone (children, parents, the Kings) and send a picture of everyone together. That would make sense, IMO.

I find Leonor and Sofia especially pretty and tender. I hope they become best friends in future.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:50 AM
Serene Highness

All the kings' grand children are so cute!!!
those cards are a really good way to celebrate christmas!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 12-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Commoner

I think Sofia look like a boy. I don't like this photo. He's
not so good made by the photographer.
The Christmas picture of 2007 was really beautiful.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:04 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by troonopvolgers View Post
I think Sofia look like a boy. I don't like this photo. He's
not so good made by the photographer.

These are no professional shots. Elena most likely took the snapshot of her kids herself, maybe the Princes and Cristina did the same thing.

Sofia might look like a boy now but I bet in the end she'll be the better looking sister of the two girls. Looks like she got the pretty Ortiz features from her mother's side and not so Borbon from her dad's side. Leonor will be Queen Sofia II as an adult.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Nobility

Hahahaha! Look how funny are their kids signatures!

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2008...cristina2a.jpg
Old 12-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Nobility

These two dolls are so beautiful that do not need ornaments around them. A close-up of their precious faces is the best Christmas card without a doubt.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hello!/Spanish royals looks to new generation on Xmas card
Old 12-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
yes i do and i never understood the fuss. don't get me wrong the shots are lovely and especially regarding elena's & cristina's children the christmas cards are almost the only opportunity for such shots to be published. i just don't get the connection between christmas and pictures showing the kids during summer holidays wearing beachwear (or summer dresses, like leonor & sofia).
I guess this is a new thing for Christmas Cards -- look at Prince Charles' this year -- not exactly Christmas either. Go Figure.

(I don't believe that Leonor and Sofia are in summer dresses as they look like ones from children's stores I saw in Chicago. Made from a very nice soft wool blend in a light houndstooth pattern. Some had a matching sweater to go with them.)
Old 12-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I guess this is a new thing for Christmas Cards -- look at Prince Charles' this year -- not exactly Christmas either. Go Figure.

(I don't believe that Leonor and Sofia are in summer dresses as they look like ones from children's stores I saw in Chicago. Made from a very nice soft wool blend in a light houndstooth pattern. Some had a matching sweater to go with them.)
True. The dresses for fall/winter can be short-sleeves.

http://i41.tinypic.com/110kga8.jpg
Old 12-19-2008, 03:46 AM
Royal Highness

Sweet and beautiful
Leonor & Sofia

Troonopvolgers!: Nieuwe foto.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:53 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

SOFIA LOOKS LIKE A BOY??????????????? OMG I'M SORRY BUT I JUST LMAO!!!!, I mean she has the most delicate features ever!.. She's SO girly! but well in spanish you say.. "para gustos los colores".. don't know exactly how to translate it in english
Old 12-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_* View Post
SOFIA LOOKS LIKE A BOY??????????????? OMG I'M SORRY BUT I JUST LMAO!!!!, I mean she has the most delicate features ever!.. She's SO girly! but well in spanish you say.. "para gustos los colores".. don't know exactly how to translate it in english
hahaha =)
I suppose it might be something like " there are colours for all the tastes" =)
I agree with you at all: perhaps Sofia haircut isn´t very "girly", but she is just a little girl, and her face is so lovely that she doesn´t need more adornments.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by troonopvolgers View Post
I think Sofia look like a boy. I don't like this photo.
Wow, I don't think Sofia looks like a boy at all -- just because she has short hair (which many young children do -- Holland's Ariane for instance) doesn't give them masculine features.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
These are no professional shots. Elena most likely took the snapshot of her kids herself, maybe the Princes and Cristina did the same thing.

Sofia might look like a boy now but I bet in the end she'll be the better looking sister of the two girls. Looks like she got the pretty Ortiz features from her mother's side and not so Borbon from her dad's side. Leonor will be Queen Sofia II as an adult.

These two girls are absolutely beautiful. They are different, I do not know say who is more beautiful because both are really nice.
With regard to Leonor, I doubt that she will be in the future as Queen Sofia, they are different, they might have similar features such as hair or eye color but Leonor is a mixture of Borbon-Ortiz is a "nice version" of Borbon women.
Sofia is a stunning girl, she has a beautiful facial features and a girly eyes like those of her mommy.

Tags
christmas cards, spanish royal family