The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-07-2015, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

It's an enchanting card of the princesses - they have grown up so much! I like the fact that Felipe & Letizia do a family picture, a modern style, and Juan Carlos and Sofia go for a more traditional theme - this always gets be torn when sending out cards!

Old 12-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I immensely enjoyed the card! The girls looks beautiful and their hug was so heartwarming! Still, I would have liked a new photos, not one taken back in October...

Old 12-08-2015, 02:02 AM
Aristocracy

Those girls are so beautiful now, they will be down right gorgeous when they are older. I hadn't realized how pretty they were until now. Dad will have to have an army to keep the boys away I think or else mom will do it.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

That article about the girls being mocked is quite harsh IMO...
Old 12-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Courtier

This is my favorite christmas card! i love the fact that leonor is embracing sofia. so protective of her little sister.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
That article about the girls being mocked is quite harsh IMO...
Agree. People are so jealous and nasty. Most have no real pleasant life themselves so they just try to pull others down to their level instead of making an effort to raise their own personalities upward. Feel sorry for them. Must be awful to live a life always negative. Not what we are here for.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Serene Highness

It says something about a person whos only reaction is to mock the girls looks and teeth.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 12-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Agree. People are so jealous and nasty. Most have no real pleasant life themselves so they just try to pull others down to their level instead of making an effort to raise their own personalities upward. Feel sorry for them. Must be awful to live a life always negative. Not what we are here for.
Why even post these nasty comments on this site?
Old 12-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Daily Mail seems to attract people with a tendency to post nasty vile comments,best to ignore such horrid pitiful excuses of humanity.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post

Especially when they attack innocent children. Sotimes I think that's why there are so many young bullies: they learn from ther adult bullies parents...
Old 12-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I really love this year's Christmas card - Leonor and Sofia are beautiful and I love how warm the photo is. It's so sweet to see such affection between the two sisters.

Christmas is meant to be a time of goodwill, so I can't understand why some people feel the need to make nasty unnecessary comments about the girl's appearance. I think they have lovely smiles, and they are children who are still growing into their features, so it's harsh to criticise how they look. Remarks like this also sometimes make children and young people very self-conscious about their appearance. Hopefully Leonor and Sofia won't hear of the comments.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-12-2015, 08:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Those comments are from Spanish twitter users, not posters on this forum. In general I like the creativeness of twitter, but not in this case, as children should be protected and the girls are in the very age where their teeth are still forming, and it looks like they'll get braces and will only have finished teeth in a few years time. This applies to other royal children too.

If they still have the same kind of teeth as adults, well, that would be a different matter. In general, the girls will have to live with this kind of mockery for the rest of their lives like most other public persons, they need to learn not to take it personally but to understand it as freedom of speech/satire, especially as the royal house has no history of taking on the press in that respect. Felipe and Letizia have been subject to such jokes on a daily basis for many years.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the card by Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía. After all it is a Christmas card... What is more Christmas than the birth of the Christ? The picture of the two young girls hugging each other was everything but a Christmas card in my humble opinion. It is also a sign of the King too scared to depict Christian symbols, beware for the Political Correct Brigade...

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima tried to combine Christmas and to avoid Christian symbols too, also a capture to political correctness but okay, it still has a Christmas feel as a Christmas card should have. And the message (a multicultural society in harmony) is clear: picture (click on the picture to enlarge).
Old 12-12-2015, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Though the photo of Leonor & Sofia is lovely I wish it was a bit more festive,over the past few years Felipe/Letizia,Elena and Cristina have all used family photos.

http://0www.ecestaticos.com/imagesta...ime=1449490830
Old 12-12-2015, 09:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Though the photo of Leonor & Sofia is lovely I wish it was a bit more festive,over the past few years Felipe/Letizia,Elena and Cristina have all used family photos.

http://0www.ecestaticos.com/imagesta...ime=1449490830
that photo created a lot of polemic, with people making fun of Leonor standing on only one leg.

Tags
christmas cards, spanish royal family