The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
I like the card with Leonor and Sophia. I assume Leonor signed the names for both children and, presuming this is correct, I find it interesting she's already been taught cursive writing. Is that the norm in Spanish schools? I remember learning to print first and then being taught cursive in 3rd grade, or age 8/9.
Unfortunately the King and Queen's Christmas card does not inspire the joy and beauty of the season . . . I wonder what was going through their minds to make this selection . Cute photo of the Infantas!

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 12-15-2012, 06:41 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
I like the card with Leonor and Sophia. I assume Leonor signed the names for both children and, presuming this is correct, I find it interesting she's already been taught cursive writing. Is that the norm in Spanish schools? I remember learning to print first and then being taught cursive in 3rd grade, or age 8/9.

I dont think Leonor signed for both girls, I dont think Sofia is the character to let this happen.

Its not surprising to me that Leonor is doing cursive writing for a second grader and even though she might not be doing all her writing like this, the name is something a child will be practising from the start. Thats why I think Sofia can also do her name in cursive writing - wants to do the same like her big sister - but the rest is far behind because she's still very young.

Other than that I think the SRF should scrap the Xmas card habit all together, its just a drag for them and it shows.

the Kings card is just dark and depressive, maybe it reflects their mood.
The Asturias took a pic from a summer photoshoot of the girls, how imaginative.

And Elena became a casualty of the Palma couple who posed happily in front of a church last time and were suprised by the backslash - what world are they living in? - and to deflect from the Palma family not greeting this time Elena was scrapped too - now the Infantas' cards are considered "private".

Old 12-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its a pity that the Infantas cards are now private,I wonder if anyone has ever received or seen a Christmas Card from either of the King's sisters?
Old 12-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Infanta Elena and children

http://www.semana.es/wp-content/blog..._portada44.jpg
http://www.semana.es/wp-content/uploads/elena1.jpg

Urdangarin children

http://www.semana.es/wp-content/uploads/portada111.jpg
http://www.semana.es/wp-content/uploads/cristina.jpg
Old 12-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Villa Giralda,wasn't that the Counts of Barcelona's home in Portugal?
Old 12-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I really like Elena's card. The Urdangarins made a wise decision to feature the kids-only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Villa Giralda,wasn't that the Counts of Barcelona's home in Portugal?
Villa Giralda was indeed the home of the Count and Countess of Barcelona in Estoril, Portugal. It was also where the tragic Infante Alfonso died.
Can't say if it's the same villa as in Elena's picture though.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I really like Elena's card. The Urdangarins made a wise decision to feature the kids-only.

Villa Giralda was indeed the home of the Count and Countess of Barcelona in Estoril, Portugal. It was also where the tragic Infante Alfonso died.
Can't say if it's the same villa as in Elena's picture though.
Thanks,I like both cards. There a lot better than Their Majesties dismal offering this year.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Somehow I am actually happy that TM did not send out a card with them as 'happy couple' surrounded by their grand children.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Somehow I am actually happy that TM did not send out a card with them as 'happy couple' surrounded by their grand children.
Seeing it like that, I totally agree. Hypocrisy is not necessary on this time of the year

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 12-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I don't think they've done that in awhile,the last few ones have all been of a religious nature,mainly the nativity scene.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I find the King and Queen's card rather boring, but then again this probably wasn't the year for the big smiles for them, so I don't really blame them for choosing such a dull card. Felipe and Letizia's card is sweet (it's always nice to see the adorable little Infantas) but I'd hoped for a "new" and more candid picture (like the ones of Felipe's sisters). I love both Elena and Cristina's cards, they're both really good and all the kids are so sweet.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:25 AM
Royal Highness

It is about time to release the Christmas cards right? Today is the 15th, it should be out soon, I hope.

This year it should be Leonor&Sofia with her parents for the Asturias family Card.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:22 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Here they are!!!
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Archivo Multimedia - Felicitaciones de Navidad
Old 12-16-2013, 08:35 AM
Nobility

Wow, so amazing christmas cards!!
I love Leonor and Sofía's clothes. Very gorgeous.
Of course their cute and adorable faces too
Two Infantas are so grown up and more and more become pretty young lady.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Felipe and Letizia's Christmas card is so lovely. I love how they're all "connected" - Sofía is leaning up against Felipe; Felipe is holding Leonor's hand; and Leonor has her arm around Letizia's neck. Show's a great unity. The little Infantas are so big now and their little signatures are the sweetest thing.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

What beautiful cards, and I love the little Infanta's dresses.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The Asturias Family's Christmas Card is lovely, it has a family feel to it IMO. The Two Infantas are adorable, and I like how Leonor has her arm around Letizia. Hight wise, little Sofia is catching up with Leonor now! Just out of curiosity - when was the visit to the El Prado Museum? I don't remember seeing any other photos of it. Perhaps it was a private one.

I know it's a Christmassy scene, but I was hoping for a photo of Juan Carlos and Sofia on their card. I'm not sure if I'm liking their card this year; it's a little too dark for my liking. On another note, I wonder if Infanta Cristina and Inaki will release a card this year, given what's been going on with Noos/the corruption case. I'm also wondering when Elena will release her card (I've heard that Cristina and Elena usually release their cards later than Juan Carlos, Sofia, Felipe and Letizia; so perhaps we'll get a card from them/her [Elena] in a few days time).
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 12-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Their Majesties card is traditional with a nativity scene,its a bit nicer than last years one which was dull.

I really love the Asturias family card with the portrait of Infanta Margarita (daughter of Felipe IV) in the background.

I wonder how many of us will get a card from the above
Old 12-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
The Asturias Family's Christmas Card is lovely, it has a family feel to it IMO. The Two Infantas are adorable, and I like how Leonor has her arm around Letizia. Hight wise, little Sofia is catching up with Leonor now! Just out of curiosity - when was the visit to the El Prado Museum? I don't remember seeing any other photos of it. Perhaps it was a private one.

I know it's a Christmassy scene, but I was hoping for a photo of Juan Carlos and Sofia on their card. I'm not sure if I'm liking their card this year; it's a little too dark for my liking. On another note, I wonder if Infanta Cristina and Inaki will release a card this year, given what's been going on with Noos/the corruption case. I'm also wondering when Elena will release her card (I've heard that Cristina and Elena usually release their cards later than Juan Carlos, Sofia, Felipe and Letizia; so perhaps we'll get a card from them/her [Elena] in a few days time).

The Palace only publishes the Christmas Cards of the King/Queen and the Asturias Family on the official site since last year,they used to include the official cards from the Infantas Elena & Cristina but that is no longer!

from Hola

Las felicitaciones navideñas de los Reyes y los Príncipes de Asturias
Old 12-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the picture of Felipe, Letizia and the girls. All with nice smiles.
Im just a bit confused, Felipe seems to be crouching down, with Sofia on his lap, but is Letizia standing or kneeing down? or is Leonor on a step stool?

Tags
christmas cards, spanish royal family