Spanish Christmas Cards - All Years

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish the SRF would release more festive style cards - or at least a new photo. I remember Juan Carlos and Sofia used to release religious Christmas cards but even they don't seem to do so anymore.

Juan Carlos and Sofia cards up until last year were more traditional with a Nativity scene ,I wish the SRF invested in some new official photos which they could use.

Juan Carlos and Sofia cards up until last year were more traditional with a Nativity scene ,I wish the SRF invested in some new official photos which they could use.

:previous:
The last official pics are from 2010, especially Felipe is hardly recognizable compared to how he looks today.

Lovely picture of the girls. They usually don't do anything related to Christmas so no surprise here.
JC's got some nerve, I'll give him that.

The photo of Leonor and Sofia is really lovely, perhaps Queen Sofia chose the nativity scene for their card and JC had no input.

Charming photo of Leonor and Sofia!

I think Felipe and his family normally choose a photo from earlier on in the year rather than a festive themed photo. IIRC the last time they did a festive card was when Leonor was a toddler.

Charming photo of Leonor and Sofia!

I think Felipe and his family normally choose a photo from earlier on in the year rather than a festive themed photo. IIRC the last time they did a festive card was when Leonor was a toddler.

Yes in 2006 they had a cute Christmas photo of Leonor.

https://spanish-royals.tumblr.com/post/134433103408/felipe-and-letizia-christmas-cards-published-by

Some of them were at least more fall photos.

I guess makes sense. They don't drag out the Christmas decorations way early to do. Most royal Christmas cards that are actual photos are taken earlier in the year.

Enchanting picture of Leonor and Sofia. Their smiles portray a radiant joyfulness.

Yes in 2006 they had a cute Christmas photo of Leonor.

https://spanish-royals.tumblr.com/post/134433103408/felipe-and-letizia-christmas-cards-published-by

Some of them were at least more fall photos.

I guess makes sense. They don't drag out the Christmas decorations way early to do. Most royal Christmas cards that are actual photos are taken earlier in the year.

There was a lot of controversy about this photo, Leonor standing on one leg only etc., since then there usually was a 'girls only' shot every other year.

That was one of my favorite cards because it truly was a Christmas card. Except the standing on one feet was weird.

I personally like Chrismas cards to look like Christmas cards. I don't like fall pictures, pictures from a major occasion earlier on in the year, ...no.

Its lovely and I bet it was taken recently in the grounds of Zarzuela.

The card from Queen Sofia is very traditional and exactly what I'd expect from the kings mother.

Love their card! Sofia's nose is a bit red, I wonder if she is sick because of the cold season. It's interesting that Leonor writes with Cursive Handwriting, whereas Sofia doesn't. Both are beautiful girls (is it me or its becoming harder to tell whom Sofia looks like? To me, she doesn't look like her mother or father. She truly has her very own features).

Last edited:
Its the time of the year again, Christmas Cards will be published soon. I am wondering if Leonor will get her own card now or if she will be part of her parents' card for the forseeable future.

Back
Top Bottom