The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-18-2011, 04:40 AM
Nobility

I love the Asturias' card and their wonderful family portrait, I also love Elena's kids - they are so sweet.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondra View Post
You are assuming too much. Read the links to this thread for a clearer perspective.
And what am I missing? Inaki (and perhaps also Cristina) is being investigated for wrong doings, he has not been charged yet, he is presumedly the father of Cristina's children, still married to the King's daughter and presumedly the father of the Kings grand children.

It has been mentioned that the King has acted more like a father than a King. In my view he has acted like someone that has lost the ability to act on an issue that apparently was clear enought several years ago. To assume that by "sending" his daugther and son-in-law out of the county would do any good is simply mind boggling. A strong leader would have addressed the issue at the moment Inaki and Cristina were requested to leave NOOS. Faced the financial irregularities head-on and keep it all transparent. This royal cover-up for several years makes the King looking very old and incapable of making leadership decisions.

Inaki and Cristina will have to face the result of the investigation and subsequent legal results and the impact it will have on their future and the King will have to face the questions about his actions.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
To assume that by "sending" his daugther and son-in-law out of the county would do any good is simply mind boggling. A strong leader would have addressed the issue at the moment Inaki and Cristina were requested to leave NOOS. Faced the financial irregularities head-on and keep it all transparent. This royal cover-up for several years makes the King looking very old and incapable of making leadership decisions.
The SRF has never been transparent in any way, why would they start with this issue. The Kings distribution of finances are not transparent and regarding family issues the policy has always been to ony admit what absolutely cannot be denied, such as Elenas separation.

To call in the investigators and ask them to check the irregularities re Inaki in order to probably charge him is too much too ask. They thought the problem might go away but many things have changed since 2006, such as the economy or public view on institutions and the moral standards of their members.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Courtier

I agree with all other posters, that - from a psychological point of view - the pic from the Palmas was an extremly unfortunate one. As they know now since weeks, that challenging times were ahead of them, it would have been wise to only use a pic of the children only....

Maybe with this choice they wanted to show, we are ONE UNITED FAMILY and will go through the "storm" as a whole family....

But this idea was not the best one, as the reaction is now: even more oil in the fire. Really, really bad PR.

Bye Bine
Old 12-19-2011, 03:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post

It has been mentioned that the King has acted more like a father than a King. In my view he has acted like someone that has lost the ability to act on an issue that apparently was clear enought several years ago. To assume that by "sending" his daugther and son-in-law out of the county would do any good is simply mind boggling. A strong leader would have addressed the issue at the moment Inaki and Cristina were requested to leave NOOS. Faced the financial irregularities head-on and keep it all transparent. This royal cover-up for several years makes the King looking very old and incapable of making leadership decisions.
After JC removed Inaki and Cristina from Noos, Inaki was asked not to do business, but he and his partner created a foundation for disabled children and continued doing business through the foundation. For example, the foundation got a 3-year deal ( € 144,000 ) to design the theme of Madrid's bid for 2016 Olympics, the money went to the tax heaven through the foundation. Later the legal adviser of the King advised him to send Inaki aboard, probably to avoid more scandals in the future.
Like Duke said, it's probably too much to ask JC to turn Inaki in to the prosecutor to be investigated. JC had done everything he could to break Inaki's business to avoid more wrong doings.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:20 AM

I Think the christmas cards are verry nice this year. I love the photo from Victoria and Florian and their dog.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:45 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Spanish royal appears on palace Christmas cards - despite scandal - Monsters and Critics
Old 11-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'm wondering what sort of theme the cards will have this year!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Royal Highness

its almost time for the Christman Cards. they usually are up on Dec 16th...

this year for the Asturias Card, its just Leonor and Sofia's time to appear on the card, now if they are willing to follow the last 2 picture cards from 2010 and 2008 close-up face or do a diferent pose, we have to wait and see, but we will probably get a face-only portrait of the girls again.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Nobility

when apared this cards???
Old 12-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

For sure the King with the Elephants (joke)
Old 12-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Christmas cards 2012

http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...avidad_a1w.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...avidad_a2w.jpg

http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...avidad_b1w.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...avidad_b2w.jpg
Old 12-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Royal Highness

im so disappointed, there's only the Asturias family (not counting the King & Queen), wheres the rest of the family? sad.
and they used a picture from Letizia's 40th b-day photoshoot, i wanted a new picture of the girls and of course with them smiling.

this years cards are so weak, i hope next year they make a bit more effort.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
im so disappointed, there's only the Asturias family (not counting the King & Queen), wheres the rest of the family? sad.
and they used a picture from Letizia's 40th b-day photoshoot, i wanted a new picture of the girls and of course with them smiling.

this years cards are so weak, i hope next year they make a bit more effort.
It isn't the same photo as in Letizia's 40th birthday photos, but taken at the same time. Very lovely photo of two adorable girls.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Royal Highness

i know it isnt the same exact picture, but in the photoshoot, theres a pic of Letizia&Felipe looking at the girls, and they are in very identical pose as in the Christmas card.
if they wanted to use a picture taken from the day they took it for Leti's b-day, they could've been a bit more creative and make Leonor&Sofia have a diferent pose.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Serene Highness

I feel the same way, I love the girls pictures but very disappointed in the King and Queens Christmas card, I loved the years that they had their picture taken with all their grandchildren, would of loved to see that again!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Royal Highness

Same with me. A picture with all the grandchildren would have been great!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Beautiful pic of Leo and Sofi. They´re precious.
The Kings´card is very boring. If they were going to choose a drawing, they could have chosen a nicer one, at least.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 12-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Their Majesties card is drab and boring,I do like the Asturias Family one of the 2 little Infantas.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Courtier

I like the card with Leonor and Sophia. I assume Leonor signed the names for both children and, presuming this is correct, I find it interesting she's already been taught cursive writing. Is that the norm in Spanish schools? I remember learning to print first and then being taught cursive in 3rd grade, or age 8/9.

Tags
christmas cards, spanish royal family