The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Once again you're a star K, the best treasure pic hunter ever
The Borbon Trio were so blonde as kids, no wonder why most of their kids are like that; and about Elena and Cristina looking the same, it was until mid 80's, from then on their styles changed a lot and they became very different people (in looks, because their personalities have always been different) but you can still look at the trio and see the family resemblance, the Borbon-Greece pool gene is very strong

Old 03-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks alot iceflower. And I will say that the Queen looks really slim in those pictures (Not that she doesn't thesedays of course) :p

Old 03-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
Thanks alot iceflower. And I will say that the Queen looks really slim in those pictures (Not that she doesn't thesedays of course) :p
I agree with you S, I've never seen either Sofia or Cristina fat, must be something genetic
Old 03-25-2006, 04:42 AM
Administrator

Thank you all for your comments!! :) :)
And yes, I agree, perfect genes I would say :)
Old 03-29-2006, 06:15 AM
Heir Apparent

50 years of the accident that cost the life to ' Alfonsitó de Borbón and changed to Don Juan

The death in Villa Giralda, Estoril (Portugal), of S.A.R. Don Alfonso de Borbón, prince Alfonsito, at hands of its brother, present King of Spain Don Juan Carlos I, in an unfortunate happened accident while they played with a pistol that believed unloaded. Of that tragedy that it changed the life of Don Juan de Borbón 50 years are marked today.

That 29 of March of 1956 Estoril were empty. It was Thursday santo and Don Alfonso, 14 years, of an enormous physical similarity with his father, had in the morning had a party of golf with his better friend, Antonio Eraso, 15 years, which it had eliminated of a match whose end had to play Saturday santo against a Portuguese of its age. After eating, both had gone together to the traditional religious offices. At the time of taking leave, they decided to return to play golf to the following morning. They would not return to have occasion to never do it more.
Because shortly after the eight of afternoon of that rainy day of March, the hasty news arrived at the house that inhabited in Estoril the Eraso family, distant hardly 300 meters of Villa Giralda. Something terrible finished happening in the residence of the Count of Barcelona, 43 years, heir to Corona of Spain. When they arrived as quickly as possible already they were in Villa Giralda Jose Maria Gil Robles and her children. The Gil Robles and the Eraso were the two only Spanish families who were in Estoril and the real surroundings that Easter.
Just arrived they ran into with the picture that is easy to imagine. Infinite desolation. On the floor of the playroom the body of Don Alfonsito lay, partially covered by a Spanish flag that Don Juan had started of its mast to force to Don Juan Carlos, position of knees, to swear that it had been an accident.
A destroyed family. The mother, Doña Maria, because person in charge was believed to have let to his children play with the pistol, to avoid that, boring in a rainy dusk, they continued fighting itself. Halfway between the desperation and the feeling of fault, Don Juan Carlos tried to enter in the Cartujos, devises of which it dissuaded his father to him. The only bullet that contained the pistol had entered cleanly by one of the orifices of the nose of Don Alfonso.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/opinio...9/03/2006&pass=
Old 04-04-2006, 04:26 AM
Administrator

One more clipping from HOLA, this time from 1974, hope you like it :)
I post it here as several family members are included and not only Felipe..

(HOLA/ebay)
Old 04-04-2006, 05:47 AM
Heir Apparent

As always, thanks for sharing your treasures with us K!:)
Oh my God, he looked so beautiful as a kid, almost like a living-sized doll; well, not that he isn't gorgeous now
Old 04-04-2006, 05:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
As always, thanks for sharing your treasures with us K!:)
Oh my God, he looked so beautiful as a kid, almost like a living-sized doll; well, not that he isn't gorgeous now
true! if i had met him when he was still a kid, i would have pinched and/or kissed his cheeks and cuddled him all day. ha ha!
Old 04-04-2006, 07:22 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Absolutely adorable, again, Iceflower! My heart is melting with such sweeties!
Old 04-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you soo much, K!!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 04:08 AM
Administrator

You are all so welcome :) And J, I'm surprised about your German signature :)

Pics from the photo-call for Juan Carlos' 60th birthday in 1998:
As there were no kids around, the sweet dog was in the centre of attention :)

(HOLA)
Old 04-05-2006, 04:11 AM
Administrator

And the rest :) The last pic with Juan Carlos and Elena is quite cute in my eyes :)

(HOLA)
Old 04-05-2006, 06:19 AM
Royal Highness

iceflower thanks by them you photograph they I love !!!!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 08:35 AM
Royal Highness

K, why are you surprised about my german signature??
Thanks for the photos!
Old 04-06-2006, 05:53 AM
Serene Highness

at the Exposicion Universal de Sevilla 1992. from Cover.

note Elena's hair! and Felipe looked so different then.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the pictures Iceflower! They are priceless
Old 04-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

In the last picture in Sevilla, the SRF looked like any next-door family: the sisters laughing with each other, the King holding Elena, the Queen looking behind the camera, Felipe laughing at his family's antics; it's like they weren't aware of the cameras (I know they were, but it looked like they weren't ):)
The first one is much more formal but they all looked great
Old 04-07-2006, 04:33 AM
Administrator

You are most welcome, Anna_R, J and M :)
I hope you also like the following ones from summer 1999, taken at Marivent:

(HOLA, SEMANA, Lecturas)
Old 04-07-2006, 04:42 AM
Administrator

Still some more to come, I spent some hours scanning

(HOLA, SEMANA, Lecturas)
Old 04-07-2006, 09:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh iceflower, they are smashing!:) Elena and Jaime happy with their boy who had just started walking and Cristina pregnant for the first time... Priceless!:)

Closed Thread

Tags
cristina, elena, felipe, froilán de marichalar, infanta cristina, infanta elena, irene (1942 - ), jaime de marichalar, juan carlos i, miguel urdangarin, prince of asturias, princess irene (1942 -), queen sofia, retrospective, sofia (1938 -), spanish royal family, victoria de marichalar