Retrospective of the Spanish Royal Family, Part 1 (February 2003 - June 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iceflower said:
And yes, we are a very good trio, JuAnIta and Crisinaki :)
Just a little correction:
Wer are a wonderful trio!! :D ;)

LOL As to your word "correction" the first thing I thought was that I had misspelled something :D
Here is a nice ebay find from 1973 I made:

ru2mn5.jpg

(HOLA/ebay)

Those are REALLY great!!!!!
Thank you soooo much, iceflower!!! :D ;)

This is great staff indeed, Iceflower!

Thank you again, for sharing your wonderful pics! :)

This pictures are incredibly worthwhile K!, thanks again for sharing your amazin collection with us:D
Cool to watch our dear Spanish Royal as kids, specially as cute as they were;)

Oh iceflower, your pics are just beautiful:). Just imagine how cute, little boy Felipe was! Well, he is still cute, but a little bit... taller, am I right?:D

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Just imagine how cute, little boy Felipe was! Well, he is still cute, but a little bit... taller, am I right?:D
Well, he's a cuttie that turned out as a monument! :D

Thanks by the photos, were some well beautiful children the infants :)

Thank you for those amazing pictures Iceflower!:D

Too bad that we can't read the text.

What a beatiful family! I think that the Borbons from Spain are one of the most beatiful Royal family current ruling. I really like them all.

However, I must said that King Juan Carlos is much more beatiful now that when he was a little baby! he was not a nice baby...:D

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
What a beatiful family! I think that the Borbons from Spain are one of the most beatiful Royal family current ruling. I really like them all.

However, I must said that King Juan Carlos is much more beatiful now that when he was a little baby! he was not a nice baby...:D

Vanesa.

I agree with you, it seems like the infusion of new blood (Sofia, Iñaki, Letizia) have brought better looking individuals as the generations pass by.

9th Generation: KJC, Infanta Pilar, Infanta Margarita
to be honest he's the only good looking one:rolleyes:
10th Generation: Prince Felipe, Infanta Cristina, Infanta Elena
Felipe and Cristina are model-type, tall, blonde and good looking; Elena doesn't have as nice features as her sister but has a great body and is as elegant as her mother:cool:
11th Generation: Leonor, Irene, Miguel, Pablo, Victoria, Juan, Froilan
They are all absolutely gorgeous, the gene pool of this generation is great but with couples as Felipe&Letizia and Cristina&Iñaki would you have expected bad looking children?:rolleyes: Don't think so;)

Those are the Borbon generations in direct line to the throne of Spain (it started with Felipe (Philip) V);) :cool:

Woow :eek: I had not expected that many comments :) You're so welcome, JuAnIta, Elsa M., crisinaki, LaChicaMadrilena, monica, sOfIa, Anna_R. Hope I did not forget anybody ;) We should get into the archives of Hola to get everything ;)

iceflower said:
Woow :eek: I had not expected that many comments :) You're so welcome, JuAnIta, Elsa M., crisinaki, LaChicaMadrilena, monica, sOfIa, Anna_R. Hope I did not forget anybody ;) We should get into the archives of Hola to get everything ;)
I agree!! We should get into the archives of Hola! I would love it! :rolleyes:

...JuAnItA... said:
I agree!! We should get into the archives of Hola! I would love it! :rolleyes:

Ok, our centre of operations would be in Madrid, so we need a host in there, I'll get the fake passports and the building planes, J would go through the air system into the archive where K would be waiting for her as the "fake journalist" while I'm outside monitoring the mission,and when we have all the info we'll scape, jejeje
WE would have to do the same for Hello, Point de Vue and the other "royalist" magazines, but I thing we would need is new hosts, help everyone?:D :D :D :D :D :D

LOL Your plans are already that detailed that we won't have any problems to succeed :D :D ;) The good thing is that I know Madrid quite well, the bad thing is : you talked about it in public - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh :eek: :eek: ;)

Here is a pic from 1994, I chose it as it was taken in Valldemosa (Mallorca) which I like a lot and as to that interesting black and white combination Sofia is wearing. And not to forget the obligatory red trousers ;)

s11fgy.jpg

(HOLA)

As entertaining as this conversation is for select members, perhaps it could be done via PM since not everyone is part of the inside joke.

This thread is a retrospective of the Spanish royal family -- let's try to stay on topic.

Alexandria
Spanish Forum Moderator

In order to stay on topic ;) here is one more article with small but lovely pics from 1973:

s457d3.jpg

(HOLA/ebay)

Thanks, I am delighted with the photos that you put :D :D!!!!

Cool! I just love this cute, blond-haired Felipe:D. And have you notice that the Infantas looked almost the same till the age of 7-9? Just incredible! And now they look so different...

Once again you're a star K, the best treasure pic hunter ever;)
The Borbon Trio were so blonde as kids, no wonder why most of their kids are like that; and about Elena and Cristina looking the same, it was until mid 80's, from then on their styles changed a lot and they became very different people (in looks, because their personalities have always been different) but you can still look at the trio and see the family resemblance, the Borbon-Greece pool gene is very strong:cool:

Thanks alot iceflower. And I will say that the Queen looks really slim in those pictures :cool: (Not that she doesn't thesedays of course) :p

...sOfIa.... said:
Thanks alot iceflower. And I will say that the Queen looks really slim in those pictures :cool: (Not that she doesn't thesedays of course) :p

I agree with you S, I've never seen either Sofia or Cristina fat, must be something genetic:rolleyes: ;)

Thank you all for your comments!! :) :)
And yes, I agree, perfect genes I would say :)

50 years of the accident that cost the life to ' Alfonsitó de Borbón and changed to Don Juan

The death in Villa Giralda, Estoril (Portugal), of S.A.R. Don Alfonso de Borbón, prince Alfonsito, at hands of its brother, present King of Spain Don Juan Carlos I, in an unfortunate happened accident while they played with a pistol that believed unloaded. Of that tragedy that it changed the life of Don Juan de Borbón 50 years are marked today.

That 29 of March of 1956 Estoril were empty. It was Thursday santo and Don Alfonso, 14 years, of an enormous physical similarity with his father, had in the morning had a party of golf with his better friend, Antonio Eraso, 15 years, which it had eliminated of a match whose end had to play Saturday santo against a Portuguese of its age. After eating, both had gone together to the traditional religious offices. At the time of taking leave, they decided to return to play golf to the following morning. They would not return to have occasion to never do it more.
Because shortly after the eight of afternoon of that rainy day of March, the hasty news arrived at the house that inhabited in Estoril the Eraso family, distant hardly 300 meters of Villa Giralda. Something terrible finished happening in the residence of the Count of Barcelona, 43 years, heir to Corona of Spain. When they arrived as quickly as possible already they were in Villa Giralda Jose Maria Gil Robles and her children. The Gil Robles and the Eraso were the two only Spanish families who were in Estoril and the real surroundings that Easter.
Just arrived they ran into with the picture that is easy to imagine. Infinite desolation. On the floor of the playroom the body of Don Alfonsito lay, partially covered by a Spanish flag that Don Juan had started of its mast to force to Don Juan Carlos, position of knees, to swear that it had been an accident.
A destroyed family. The mother, Doña Maria, because person in charge was believed to have let to his children play with the pistol, to avoid that, boring in a rainy dusk, they continued fighting itself. Halfway between the desperation and the feeling of fault, Don Juan Carlos tried to enter in the Cartujos, devises of which it dissuaded his father to him. The only bullet that contained the pistol had entered cleanly by one of the orifices of the nose of Don Alfonso.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/opinion/indice.asp?sec=21&edicion=29/03/2006&pass=

One more clipping from HOLA, this time from 1974, hope you like it :)
I post it here as several family members are included and not only Felipe..

syp72o.jpg

(HOLA/ebay)

As always, thanks for sharing your treasures with us K!:)
Oh my God, he looked so beautiful as a kid, almost like a living-sized doll; well, not that he isn't gorgeous now:rolleyes:

crisiñaki said:
As always, thanks for sharing your treasures with us K!:)
Oh my God, he looked so beautiful as a kid, almost like a living-sized doll; well, not that he isn't gorgeous now:rolleyes:

true! if i had met him when he was still a kid, i would have pinched and/or kissed his cheeks and cuddled him all day. ha ha! :D ;)

Absolutely adorable, again, Iceflower! My heart is melting with such sweeties! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom