Retrospective of the Spanish Royal Family, Part 1 (February 2003 - June 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iceflower said:
It's the same in Germany, J ;)
A nice family pic together with a sweet family dog:

(HOLA)
I thought in Germany you usually use hats... well i was wrong :eek: Sorry my "ignorance"
As always with a gift for us... right dear K? :D ;)

iceflower said:
It's the same in Germany, J ;)
A nice family pic together with a sweet family dog:

(HOLA)

Thanks K! you always share your treasures with us;)
Good ol' 80's!
Those pink and red pantyhoses should be banned from the face of the earth regardless the decade!:D

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Very nice indeed!:) Not very found by Elena's pink pantyhoses, however...:D
I had the same in mind, but when posting I could not remember the right translation "pantyhose" in my head ;)
And to N and J: it's always a great pleasure :)

Some HOLA clippings from the family:

10nyts1.jpg
10nyu5k.jpg
10nywld.jpg

(HOLA)

iceflower said:
I had the same in mind, but when posting I could not remember the right translation "pantyhose" in my head ;)
And to N and J: it's always a great pleasure :)

Some HOLA clippings from the family:

(HOLA)
:eek: :eek: :eek: Soooo beautiful!!
What was the year that they took that pictures of October 12th?

iceflower, can you post the articles bigger? thanks.

It is big photos: King Juan Carlos mother Maria de las Mercedes married with Carlos de Borbon. Dona Maria and Don Carlos photo with his children and grandchildren. King Juan Carlos father and mother Don Carlos death 1993 and Dona Maria death 2000.

...JuAnItA... said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: Soooo beautiful!!
What was the year that they took that pictures of October 12th?
I'm sorry that I can't tell you that, but I do not have the original articles, only these scans of them..So I could only guess what year that could have been ;)

A pic from march 1995:

10qxyxx.jpg

(Semana)

I'm not very sure whether I can post this pics here but it's the only thread I could think of;)

Official Visit (don't know the place:eek: : )
110dva1.jpg

Official Visit to Nepal:
110dvuv.jpg

The Three Siblings doing the Santiago's Road (pilgrims do it every year to imitate the Apostle's road to that city;) ):
110dwcj.jpg

Official Visit to Thailand:
110ei5y.jpg

The King's Daughters at a gala dinner :) :
110eidg.jpg

Source: Cover

Last edited:
The Fab Five:D :
110eq9t.jpg

The Awesome Twosome and the Terrible Trio :D :
110eowo.jpg

Infanta Cristina and her paternal grandparents:
110er93.jpg

Source: Cover

great pics crisiñaki! my faves so far are those of Infanta Cristina with her paternal grandparents and the one of her with Infanta Elena. i liked Elena's hair and the back of her dress in that pic, although the skirt can change. but hey, that was the 80's. :D :)

RhapsodyBrat said:
great pics crisiñaki! my faves so far are those of Infanta Cristina with her paternal grandparents and the one of her with Infanta Elena. i liked Elena's hair and the back of her dress in that pic, although the skirt can change. but hey, that was the 80's. :D :)

you are most welcome Rhap! ;)
I also liked the Three Siblings Picture at the Santiago's Road, it's something that shows how close they have always been;)

Thank you sooo much for posting these wonderful findings, crisinaki, I enjoyed them a lot :)

Two pics from the King's 56th birthday in 1994:

117fy4z.jpg

117gz6e.jpg

(HOLA)

Felipe was such a good looking man when he was younger. I don't know if it's just me, of course he is still very handsome, but he used to have more juvenile features that added to is charm.

clymène said:
Felipe was such a good looking man when he was younger. I don't know if it's just me, of course he is still very handsome, but he used to have more juvenile features that added to is charm.

Come on, this man isn't exactly a teenager now, he is 38 years old, so he is becaming change his physical features.;) :p

catango said:
Come on, this man isn't exactly a teenager now, he is 38 years old, so he is becaming change his physical features.;) :p

;) Yes, that's what I meant Catango. But it's just that I prefer him like he was before!;)

More pics:

11h3p04.jpg
11h3p1v.jpg
11h3p6a.jpg
11h3p82.jpg

11h3pc7.jpg

Source: Hola, FIS, PdV

Last edited:
Wow thanks crisiñaki for these old pictures ! The Queen looks absolutely stunning, especially in the first one.

What a big difference with nowadays. We never see Leonor, only in special ocassions, I don't like this.

N...... what can i say?!?!?
Hmm.... i know... you're... a STARRRRR!!! :D :D
Thank you sooo much for those wonderful photos!!

It's really good see how careful are the Kings so we can imagine how they're with their grandchildren! :eek: ;)

nayralorenzo said:
What a big difference with nowadays. We never see Leonor, only in special ocassions, I don't like this.
Yes, but now the times are different. And these pics posted by Crisińaki (thanks!:)) are also from photo session, if I'm not wrong.

Although I find baby Felipe a bit... scary:D, I absolutely adore him as a little boy. Those blond, wavy hair and blue eyes are sooo adorable! He is one of the most beautiful toddler I have ever seen! And cute, chubby Infantas aren't far behind!:D

nayralorenzo said:

May be, but who is/are the responsable(s) ?

I think, and the Princes, it's seems to me, told that they want to show their daughter more often; once a month, I beleive. You know the problem, the rapaciousness of a vulture press and all the gossips, lies, fabulations, criticisms about the Infanta.

It's the reasons why, it's seems to me again - may be I'm wrong - that the Princes want to protect their private life and their little girl, do you think so ?;)

adelaide said:
May be, but who is/are the responsable(s) ?

I think, and the Princes, it's seems to me, told that they want to show their daughter more often; once a month, I beleive. You know the problem, the rapaciousness of a vulture press and all the gossips, lies, fabulations, criticisms about the Infanta.

It's the reasons why, it's seems to me again - may be I'm wrong - that the Princes want to protect their private life and their little girl, do you think so ?;)

Yes, you may be right adelaide. ;)
But I am not sure that prince Felipe and the two Infantas were shown that much and very regularly.
I wonder what was the rythm for Elena's and cristina's children?

More than 30 years have passed.

In that epoch, how was saying the Queen Sofía " they were not anybody ", the press did not have a lot of interest in them and they could be 5 journalists those who were covering what they were doing. Even, some of these ancient photographies, they belong to foreign photographers.

30 years ago in Spain only existed the public mass media and some newspapers. Today there exist many channels of television, dozens of newspapers, magazines....

When the exhibition was inaugurated on the life of the Prince in Majorca a journalist was commenting, that in those years 4 or 5 journalists were entering the lounges of the palace calmly and were there with the Family. Today in day that 4 or 5 would be more than 100, and they would like to enter all. Evidently it is impossible.

The Princes take Leonor to Atocha next week. When the Kings took the prince they did it without warning before and with a group very reduced of journalists. Atocha's monk was admitting that today in day it would be impossible.

The Infantas pose with her children in the special days, how the birthdays or the vacations. But the paparazzi, obtain more images of the children when they go to the college or to the park.

The life of the Princes is very different. They do not live in the city, the Zarzuela is removed from the center of Madrid and surrounded with a zone of forest. So the paparazzi cannot obtain photos of Leonor's walks. On the other hand, the Princes cannot lead to Leonor to any site. If many times they have difficult to go to some places, without finishing surrounded with public and photographers, to imagine if they do it with the girl, it would be a danger for her.

Thanks Lula, for all your answers. ( All ) It's allways very interesting to learn you because you are very well informed and you explain so well the spanish way of life. Many thanks.

...JuAnItA... said:
N...... what can i say?!?!?
Hmm.... i know... you're... a STARRRRR!!! :D :D
Thank you sooo much for those wonderful photos!!

It's really good see how careful are the Kings so we can imagine how they're with their grandchildren! :eek: ;)
You're most welcome J!
to me the best pic is the "motorized" one, the King and Queen in a motorcycle, Felipe in a cart and the Infantas in their bikes; it's truly a beautiful family picture.:)
and in the first pic I posted both the King and Queen looked awesome, what a beautiful couple!

Last edited:
Alexandria said:
www.corbis.com - King Juan Carlos de Borbon with young Prince Felipe during a tennis match.
This is a great thread, thank you for starting. Looking back at the old pictures that I have never seen surprises me, Elena was very pretty and I can't get over how much Froilin looks like his uncle Felipe.

The Borbon family has always had the trend to dress their children with similar clothing: first it was KJC and QS with the Infantas and then they followed tradition with their kids, I haven't noticed before but in the pics posted here Elena and Cristina as little girls wore the same outfits!;):D

We've reached 20 pages of a pictorial retrospective of the Spanish royal family.

Thanks to everyone who contributed!

The new thread can be found here. See you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom