The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 09-02-2010, 02:22 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: auckland, India
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
A lot of times when people try to present themselves in a certain way (everyone getting along when they don't), some people around them see this. It can be very subtle (some minor thing which is not noticeable to the average person) but someone who has a sixth sense about them picks up on it right away. Or someone who is very clairvoyant.

As you can see, since people are discussing this, the average person are beginning to see what might be going on.
or someone who just wants to see something when there is nothing. these are three grown women (and ultimately, it is the women in the story we are most interested about) who may or may not like each other. they certainly seem to spend time together but are not joint at the hip. sounds like a normal family (by marriage) relationship to me
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 09-02-2010, 04:01 AM
THECLERK's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SAVIGNY LE TEMPLE, France
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count View Post
I agree with you, nothing surprising: this behaviour is typical of the Royal family of Greece, especially the King, very snob with people he does not know or he considers not to be at his same social level. Female members of the Spanish family have the same blood...What a difference with the Great King Juan Carlos!
King Juan Carlos is a Bourbon, Constantine a Hannover that is "a" difference
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 09-02-2010, 04:38 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Italy, Italy
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by THECLERK View Post
King Juan Carlos is a Bourbon, Constantine a Hannover that is "a" difference
You hit the target Theclerk! this behaviour comes from the Hannovers, i.e. Constantines and Sophias mother Frederika...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 09-02-2010, 04:48 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count View Post
I agree with you, nothing surprising: this behaviour is typical of the Royal family of Greece, especially the King, very snob with people he does not know or he considers not to be at his same social level. Female members of the Spanish family have the same blood...What a difference with the Great King Juan Carlos!
I disagree with you. I've met King Costantine and it is true, he is not an especially hot person (do not forget his german blood), but I would not call him snob just a little reserved!
Do not forget that at the age of 27 he has been chassed from his homeland, and he quite never returned back!
Everytime he is approached by an uknown person, especially a Greek he does not know if it is to boooo him or to salute him, so is normal to be "reserved". Queen Anna-Maria is very sweet, all this is question of caracter.
Queen Sofia, who is same blood with KC, is not snob either, she is ver nice. Of course I would not expect from a Queen to be baddy baddy with strangers!!!
Do not forget that King Juan Carlos is more Spanish, so more "mediterranean character"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 09-02-2010, 05:01 AM
amedea's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: TORINO, Italy
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count View Post
You hit the target Theclerk! this behaviour comes from the Hannovers, i.e. Constantines and Sophias mother Frederika...
Do you include Queen Sofia in the "snob Hannovers"?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 09-02-2010, 05:52 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Italy, Italy
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I disagree with you. I've met King Costantine and it is true, he is not an especially hot person (do not forget his german blood), but I would not call him snob just a little reserved!
Do not forget that at the age of 27 he has been chassed from his homeland, and he quite never returned back!
Everytime he is approached by an uknown person, especially a Greek he does not know if it is to boooo him or to salute him, so is normal to be "reserved". Queen Anna-Maria is very sweet, all this is question of caracter.
Queen Sofia, who is same blood with KC, is not snob either, she is ver nice. Of course I would not expect from a Queen to be baddy baddy with strangers!!!
Do not forget that King Juan Carlos is more Spanish, so more "mediterranean character"
I see you live Greece and probably are Greek, so you speak his language... this is the reason of your different impression. When the King is in Greece he must be open with people, for him it is easier also because he feels the air of his Country, even if I have been told from my Greek friends that there are people who do not like him there and I am sorry for it. His behaviour is different when he is in London (where I met him and the family several times), he is colder, but with people who have "nothing to do" with him or with his entourage he is a bit snob.

Queen Sofia is sweeter than him (after so many years of life with Don Juan Carlos), but the base is the same.

A King who is "reserved" (also because he does not hear very well) but not snob at all is Michael of Roumania, but this is not the right thread!

I wrote here the personal feeling I had when it happened to meet them in pubblic occasion, with other people, for example receptions, parties, etc. If you meet them private they are friendly as all people.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 09-02-2010, 05:59 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Italy, Italy
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
Do you include Queen Sofia in the "snob Hannovers"?
Not as Constantine as I just wrote.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 09-02-2010, 06:15 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count View Post
I see you live Greece and probably are Greek, so you speak his language... this is the reason of your different impression.
Exactly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count View Post
(where I met him and the family several times), he is colder, but with people who have "nothing to do" with him or with his entourage he is a bit snob.

It is a point, I can not say anything, you have another image, My only impression is many times in Greece, and speaking greek. He might change abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count View Post
Queen Sofia is sweeter than him (after so many years of life with Don Juan Carlos), but the base is the same.
The three siblings have a heavy accent. Even Pcs Irene who has the simpliest behavior, speaks heavily greek! It might come from their german origin, or is the type of their voice, who knows!! But they give a worst impression because of that. But is nothing to do with snobisme.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 09-02-2010, 06:34 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Italy, Italy
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Exactly!!
The three siblings have a heavy accent. Even Pcs Irene who has the simpliest behavior, speaks heavily greek! It might come from their german origin, or is the type of their voice, who knows!! But they give a worst impression because of that. But is nothing to do with snobisme.
I am sorry, I do not speak Greek apart kalimera, parakalo and the bad word m....a!

This can be a good reason, I know German people that speak English with a very heavy accent, sometimes I can not understand what they say.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 09-02-2010, 02:58 PM
amedea's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: TORINO, Italy
Posts: 621
Probably it's not easy at all to balance the kindness everybody expect from a royal with the aplomb and the certain distinction that are expected from them as well.
I must admit that I prefer a royal that risks to seem a snob to the royals that act too much as normal people do.
For example: maybe the Swedish Royal family it's not snob at all because they look happy to socialize with nude models, but that create a lot of criticism as well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 09-03-2010, 09:32 AM
madeleine victoria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: cavite, Philippines
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I was very interested in your take/opinion on the siblings, although mine is quite the opposite. Letizia gave up quite a lucrative job that already had her in the public eye for her own achievements. She did not need her family to to make her a Spanish household name. She was well know for herself. She has been "put down" to conform to the government's ideals. Many of us have even commented that she had a "livelier" personality and dressed better while on TV. This, the government seems to sit upon. Felipe's sisters, on the other hand, have only the relationship to the royal family to garner their name in print. Eventually this will be taken away, except on the very few occasions. This threat of being out-shone can really be a problem for someone that has nothing else to fall back on. They might have realized it would happen some day, but, like someone's death, you really never want it to happen. One might not want to call it jealousy but there will be a resentment. It is human nature. It can certainly affect a mother when her children no longer get top billing in news articles like they once did. This will sort all out in the future. It has to.
Completely agree with you. What I admire about this woman is that she's a very successful lady before she became a crown princess. That is one major reason why I really like her and I admit it, oftentimes defend her. If you ask me she has the most weight being the crown princess because monarchy in Spain is not at all like in other countries. They are modern yet the attachment to traditional ways is so strong. Nevertheless, my support goes to her.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 09-04-2010, 01:26 AM
Alondra's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria View Post
Completely agree with you. What I admire about this woman is that she's a very successful lady before she became a crown princess. That is one major reason why I really like her and I admit it, oftentimes defend her. If you ask me she has the most weight being the crown princess because monarchy in Spain is not at all like in other countries. They are modern yet the attachment to traditional ways is so strong. Nevertheless, my support goes to her.
Fully agree with you too. I admit when it comes to Letizia I'm also a bit biased, I like her. No one can say she didn't work hard to get to her professional standing prior to her marriage. She came from a modest middle class family and worked very hard to get there without "family connections" of any kind. In a country like Spain where the Monarchy is on shaky ground, she is never going to please everybody.

If she over does it with clothes and jewelry, there be pages of nasty innuendo about her expenditure compared considering the country is in a recession. If she wears 3 times the same dress, they'd ask where has the money gone. She can't win.

Fortunately, there are many people in Spain who really like her. I've thought for a long time, she is the best thing that could have happened to the Royal family - bright, confident, hard working and caring.

If nothing else, her influence on Felipe has been wonderful to watch. He is much more open, down to earth and emotionally approachable than before his marriage - I've never seen so many pictures of him openly expressing his emotions with the people, whether laughing out loud or sharing grief.

As the saying goes, behind a lovely man, there is even a lovelier woman (well, or something similar )
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 09-04-2010, 02:57 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondra View Post
Fully agree with you too. I admit when it comes to Letizia I'm also a bit biased, I like her. No one can say she didn't work hard to get to her professional standing prior to her marriage. She came from a modest middle class family and worked very hard to get there without "family connections" of any kind. In a country like Spain where the Monarchy is on shaky ground, she is never going to please everybody.

If she over does it with clothes and jewelry, there be pages of nasty innuendo about her expenditure compared considering the country is in a recession. If she wears 3 times the same dress, they'd ask where has the money gone. She can't win.

Fortunately, there are many people in Spain who really like her. I've thought for a long time, she is the best thing that could have happened to the Royal family - bright, confident, hard working and caring.

If nothing else, her influence on Felipe has been wonderful to watch. He is much more open, down to earth and emotionally approachable than before his marriage - I've never seen so many pictures of him openly expressing his emotions with the people, whether laughing out loud or sharing grief.

As the saying goes, behind a lovely man, there is even a lovelier woman (well, or something similar )
beautiful posts
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 09-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: skokie, United States
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondra View Post
Fully agree with you too. I admit when it comes to Letizia I'm also a bit biased, I like her. No one can say she didn't work hard to get to her professional standing prior to her marriage. She came from a modest middle class family and worked very hard to get there without "family connections" of any kind. In a country like Spain where the Monarchy is on shaky ground, she is never going to please everybody.

If she over does it with clothes and jewelry, there be pages of nasty innuendo about her expenditure compared considering the country is in a recession. If she wears 3 times the same dress, they'd ask where has the money gone. She can't win.

Fortunately, there are many people in Spain who really like her. I've thought for a long time, she is the best thing that could have happened to the Royal family - bright, confident, hard working and caring.

If nothing else, her influence on Felipe has been wonderful to watch. He is much more open, down to earth and emotionally approachable than before his marriage - I've never seen so many pictures of him openly expressing his emotions with the people, whether laughing out loud or sharing grief.

As the saying goes, behind a lovely man, there is even a lovelier woman (well, or something similar )
This is my opinion also, I agree with you ladies. Letizia was and is an intelligent woman with a college degree and a career before she became part of the SRF . I love the Princess of Asturias because she is hard working, and seems to be a doting mother to Leonor and Sofía. When she receives audiences the comments have been about how informed she is about the issues. I like Infanta Elena, I think she was courageous to break from a relationship that was not working for her. Infanta Cristina seems to me like she spends lots of time riding her bike, skiing and being a Royal. Cristina and Elena have adorable children but I do not think they contribute anything to the profile of the Spanish Royal Family.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 09-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: bloomfield, United States
Posts: 21
spanish princess

Hi I am new to the thread and I heard that the spanish royal princess do not get along at all please tell - carmen jones
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 09-06-2010, 02:26 AM
Kasumi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ****, Taiwan
Posts: 2,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen jones View Post
...I heard that the spanish royal princess do not get along at all please tell - carmen jones
Dearest Carmen Jones,
you have read this thread from the beginning already before asking your question, haven't you? You will find all the info you need in this thread.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 09-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: bloomfield, United States
Posts: 21
Just a question- I read it on glittering royal events website franco page it was quit interesting any one with more infor carmen jones
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 09-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Omaha, United States
Posts: 1,601
Cool

Carmen, Kasumi is correct. Start at the beginning of this thread and the relationship between the Infantas and the Princess of Austerias is discussed. Keep in mind news items are mostly speculation.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 09-07-2010, 04:40 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,161
Hello
This is the new cover of Point de Vue. The translation of the title is "At the Spanish Court - The Infantas war - Family stories between sisters in law"

Abonnement magazine Point de Vue, Numéro 3242, La guerre des infantes
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 09-07-2010, 06:53 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 8,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Hello
This is the new cover of Point de Vue. The translation of the title is "At the Spanish Court - The Infantas war - Family stories between sisters in law"

Abonnement magazine Point de Vue, Numéro 3242, La guerre des infantes
The Infanta's War ....sounds like a nice interesting piece of fiction
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
froilán de marichalar, juan carlos, juan urdangarín, miguel urdangarin, pablo urdangarín, queen sofia, relationships, sofia (1938 -), spanish royal family, victoria de marichalar


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Relationships between the Members of the Danish Royal Family jellybeans Royal House of Denmark 303 01-04-2014 07:11 AM
Relationships between members of the British Royal Family Ava Elizabeth British Royals 215 11-28-2013 01:18 PM
Diana's relationships with The Queen and other members of the Royal Family Beck Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 355 11-04-2013 09:29 PM
Relationships between members of the Norwegian royal family. Dennism Royal House of Norway 78 11-22-2012 08:04 AM
Relationships between members of the Princely Family michelle Princely Family of Monaco 315 01-19-2012 12:18 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman picture of the month pom president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:11 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]