The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Crown princesses watchers: Déjeuner entre filles Ã* Barcelone Cristina with Letizia and Maxima at lunch in Barcelona

Old 07-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_R View Post
How many times does this issue has to come around to haunt Letizia? She didn't interrupted Felipe, he interrupted her!

The video, 3:25 - This is the translation in English is this:

The question was directed at her, she was replying and he interrupted her, not the other way around.
I thnk she looked very bad saying that to the Prince. First of all, because a person with education doesn't do that, second Felipe is a Prince and the future King of Spain, she was a commoner then. Third: now that Letizia is Prince Felipe's wife she is able to ask him for silence always they are in private.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucantuosi View Post
I thnk she looked very bad saying that to the Prince. First of all, because a person with education doesn't do that, second Felipe is a Prince and the future King of Spain, she was a commoner then. Third: now that Letizia is Prince Felipe's wife she is able to ask him for silence always they are in private.
Letizia was well within her right to kindly request to be able to finish what she was saying. Felipe was clearly in the wrong. It has nothing to do with education or being a prince. I am very happy she stood her ground.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Nobility

I don't think soooooo
Old 07-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Nobility

I don't think it's polite to interrupt people. Period. Just because Felipe is a prince and a future king doesn't mean he should be given an excuse to do what he did. Letizia did the correct thing by correcting him. Emily Post would agree.

IMO, it's easier to blame the commoner and not the royal.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Nobility

I am sorry, but I still think is not polite what she did, period.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucantuosi View Post
I am sorry, but I still think is not polite what she did, period.
Brucantuosi, would you consider it OK if Felipe had been asked a question, Letizia had interrupted while he was answering, and Felipe had then asked to finish what he was saying? Would you say that Felipe was impolite in requesting to finish his sentence, or would you consider Letizia to be rude under this scenario also?
Old 07-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypoint2 View Post
Brucantuosi, would you consider it OK if Felipe had been asked a question, Letizia had interrupted while he was answering, and Felipe had then asked to finish what he was saying? Would you say that Felipe was impolite in requesting to finish his sentence, or would you consider Letizia to be rude under this scenario also?

Quite agree. It's easier to blame the commoners than the royals in this scenario.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

When you are consort , you remain a consort.
I wonder what Juan Carlos and Sophia thought about this ??
Old 07-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

King Juan Carlos love his grandsons since they always, seeing most of pictures I think really he prefers his grandsons to his granddaughters.
I never saw a picture of the King being close to Felipe's little girls.
( I remember the Easter pictures...)
Old 07-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Courtier

I don't agree maria-olivia. IMO, he seems to be close to Victoria. I've always gotten the impression that he just isn't very affectionate with little kids. I think once the Infantas and Irene are a little older he'll be closer to them.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

The King, Felipe and Letizia at the deliveries of the trophies of the regata Copa del Rey:
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Belga-AFP
Nice to see them so relaxed.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

http://www.vanitatis.com/noticias/reina-infantas-compras-tranquilas-palma-eta-20090811.html

Article on Queen Sofia and the Infantas out and about. It also picks up on the inavoidable topic that the Infantas and Asturias seem to avoid each other, coincidence or on purpose, the Infantas left the island as soon as the Asturias family arrived - after they had to meet on the occasion of the funeral. Seems official events are the only occasions they meet at all, and even there greeting each other was far from cordial:
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...ne/610x6-1.jpg

And just as Felipe (and his family?) left Majorca for business the Infantas return. Whether this is just the way things are scheduled or there is a rift in private that will only be concealed on official occasions I don't know but the fact that we hardly see the Asturias family and the Infantas interact on "private" occasions will fuel these rumours. In the beginning everybody, except for the King but especially Queen Sofia and the Infantas to a degree, has been very supportive of Letizia's integration but these days the support seems to have fizzled out or is non-existent.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Article on Queen Sofia and the Infantas out and about. It also picks up on the inavoidable topic that the Infantas and Asturias seem to avoid each other...
I wonder if this is the real reason that Cristina and family are moving to Washington, D.C. - a P.R. move so that the two women aren't seen together. It makes me very sad that the Spanish Royals can't put on a more united front.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Please remember that this is all speculative. If the family doesn't get along...do you think they are going to give an interview? This isn't Tori and Candy Spelling...this is the Royal Family of Spain. Do they get along all the time probably not...like most families I am sure they have their differences but surely they don't hate each other.

And if the King doesn't care for little ones but pefers older children (even his own adorable granddaughters) he wouldn't be the first. But basing a relationship (or lack of one) on a pictures that are taken in milliseconds is silly IMO. We don't see how the family interacts behind doors so its all speculation.

And why are we still talking about an interview that happened when they first got engaged. They have been married for how long...shouldn't we be moving on?

And Cristina and family are moving because of her husbands job. End of story.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

To criticize the Princess, to speak about the Princess ... it is what gives money, is she the one that sells, and is to her the press gives an unjust treatment. But she is the one that is where she must be and when she must be. In the last days, already they have exposed and risked enough, she, her husband and her daughters.

The Prince does now the same vacations that when he was single, adjusting to his official commitments. They are the Infantas who have changing, fleeing in the moments of public exhibition and enjoying palace and yachts when there is tranquility. I do not know if the Infantas want to avoid the Prince, Letizia, or the exhibition that to be near them provokes. But I believe that they are not behaving well, forgetting which are their commitments and responsibilities as Infantas, but enjoying the privileges.

It is supposed that the Infantas are adult and responsible women, and to blame Letizia of their decisions is absurd enough.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
In the last days, already they have exposed and risked enough, she, her husband and her daughters.
i agree, although the cathedral was a lovely location, the interaction with people (requested by zarzuela demonstrate that the SRF is fearless?), especially the tourist group, was a bit much almost scary, there is a picture where letizia seems concerned about the approach what i can fully understand.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Aug2009/PPE09080522.jpg

Quote:
I do not know if the Infantas want to avoid the Prince, Letizia, or the exhibition that to be near them provokes. But I believe that they are not behaving well, forgetting which are their commitments and responsibilities as Infantas, but enjoying the privileges. It is supposed that the Infantas are adult and responsible women, and to blame Letizia of their decisions is absurd enough.
that's exactly what i wanted to say, the infantas' behaviour / timing / decisions / body language is bound to provoke questions, they must be aware but don't seem to bother fuelling speculations (the king doesn't seem to bother, either). there could be a much better family discipline in that sense.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
King Juan Carlos love his grandsons since they always, seeing most of pictures I think really he prefers his grandsons to his granddaughters.
I never saw a picture of the King being close to Felipe's little girls.
( I remember the Easter pictures...)
Many grandparents I know have an easier time bonding with their daughters children, or being more at ease with them, unless the sons have the grandchildren first, so the relationship is already established by the time the daughters children come along. It could be the reason that the king seems more at ease with his daughters kids, than his son's.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's not uncommon for men to be more comfortable around older kids than very young ones.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
I wonder if this is the real reason that Cristina and family are moving to Washington, D.C. - a P.R. move so that the two women aren't seen together. It makes me very sad that the Spanish Royals can't put on a more united front.
I seriously doubt Letizia has so much power to 'kick' Cristina and her family abroad . They don't live under the same roof, not even in the same city, now Cristina's official acts with the Kings and Asturias are very rare, they don't have to see each other if they don't want to.
Inaki's business has been 'shipped' abroad since 2006 when he became the Latin American counselor for telefonica. Moving his family to Washington D.C. shortens his constant trips to the North/South American continents and enables him to spend more time with his family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
And just as Felipe (and his family?) left Majorca for business the Infantas return. Whether this is just the way things are scheduled or there is a rift in private that will only be concealed on official occasions I don't know but the fact that we hardly see the Asturias family and the Infantas interact on "private" occasions will fuel these rumours. In the beginning everybody, except for the King but especially Queen Sofia and the Infantas to a degree, has been very supportive of Letizia's integration but these days the support seems to have fizzled out or is non-existent.
It has been 5 years, there is no need for the Queen continueing to have Letizia under her wings, Letizia pretty much can stand on her own. Both infantas have gradually reduced their public acts, it's not the first year they didn't show up in Mallorca during the King's cup. Of course, there were always a few journalists who liked to criticize this one or that one, but in general, the mainstream press hasn't made a big deal (unlike in 2005 the press was panic when Felipe didn't compete). For the Queen, it's understandable if she wants to spend as much time with her daughter and her family before they move to DC. Their stay abroad will be longer than what had been said in the press IMO. I just don't see Inaki will be doing business in Spain in any near future.

Tags
froilán de marichalar, juan carlos, juan urdangarín, miguel urdangarin, pablo urdangarín, queen sofia, relationships, sofia (1938 -), spanish royal family, victoria de marichalar