Princess Tamara Czartoryska, News Part 1: December 2003 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bibi

Commoner
04-12-2003 Princess Tamara Borbon, first cousin of King Juan Carlos Spain, poses for photographers with her 5-year-old Terrier 'Bugsy', during the launch of Pet-A-Porter at Harrods department store in London Thursday 4 December 2003. Bugsy wears a £12,000 diamond and platinum Scooby-Doo dog tag and crystal encrusted designer dog coat by couture designer Eric Way for Warner Bros Consumer Products.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is she King Juan Carlos' 1st cousin?

Originally posted by lynn@Dec 7th, 2003 - 3:56 am
How is she King Juan Carlos' 1st cousin?
She's not the King first cousin, her father is. She's daugther of HRH Prince Adam Czartoryski, son of HRH Princess Maria de los Dolores of Borbón Dos Scilias (sister of the later Contess of Barcelone, King Juan Carlos mother) and HRH Prince Jose Augusto Czartoryski.

I belive that she is HSH Princess Tamara Czartoryski (not Borbón, because isn't her last name)

Princess Tamara, a cousin of the King of Spain, Supermodel Jodie Kidd and England rugby team captain Lawrence Dallaglio pose for photographers during a photocall ahead of the Euro Millions lottery launch at the Tower of London, Thursday Feb. 5, 2004. The Euro million lottery tickets go on sale in Britain on Feb. 7 with an average US$ 25 million weekly jackpot which can with rollovers reach up to US$90 million.

http://www.polfoto.dk/Polfoto/Photo/Live/watermarking/AP128350_guest.jpg

Yes, Tamra is HSH Princess Czartoryski

Jozef August Antoni Maria Pius Prince Czartoryski (Warsaw 20 Oct 1907-Seville 1 Jul 1946); m.(civ) Lausanne 12 Aug 1937 (rel) 16 Aug 1937 Pss Dolores of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (Madrid 15 Nov 1909-Madrid 11 May 1996)
1e) Adam Karol (b.Seville 2 Jan 1940); m.1st London 25 Jan 1977 (div 1985) Nora Piciotto (b.Cairo 9 Sep 1942); m.2d London 12 Dec 2000 Josette Calil
1f) Tamara (b.London 23 Apr 1978)

http://pages.prodigy.net/ptheroff/gotha/czartoryski.html
http://pages.prodigy.net/ptheroff/gotha/2sicilies.html

Princess Tamara Czartoryski was on Australian Princess (the episode that just went on air tonight in Australia, Channel 10). Paul Burrell introduced Tamara as Princess Tamara Czartoryski (I think he also said Bourbon) to the four remaining contestants. Tamara introduced herself to the viewers, in private, to the camera man, as "the first cousin of the King of Spain" and that her title comes from the Polish side of the family.
Tamara was also accompanied by Princess Anna Theresa. Anna introduced herself, in private, to the camera man, as Princess Anna Theresa of (I couldn't exactly recall all of it but...here goes nothing...) Bourbon de Orleans (there were a lot more names preceeding the Bourbon-Orleans bit). Anna said that she was the "niece of the King of Spain". Anna also went on to say that her title comes from the Brazil-Portuguese side of the family.
Well, anyway Tamara and Anna went to a tea party that the four contestants were hosting. Tamara was on a table with Prince Michael (head [or soon to be head] of an important Polish noble family that "shaped Poland to what it is today". Prince Michael was acting as an undercover prince hence the name Mikush Sapieha) and two girls. Anna was (by herself) with two girls.
There was a lot of fuss made by Jean Broke-Smith over (one of the four contestants) Leanne not eating because Anna wasn't eating. There was another situation where Leanne made a mistake in regards to the tea, and realized her bobo when she was pouring the tea (pot) into Tamara's tea cup and swore infront of Tamara.
Just want to end by saying that Tamara looked very pretty and that Anna had a very strong accent.

Last edited:
looks like they're claiming all the connections they can muster up to the King of Spain just so they can legitimise their status.:rolleyes: :D okay i'm being bad here, as they're all really related to the king, but this is just plain name-dropping of sorts to gain fame (which i think is a bad way).

flctylu said:
Tamara was also accompanied by Princess Anna Theresa. Anna introduced herself, in private, to the camera man, as Princess Anna Theresa of (I couldn't exactly recall of it but...here goes nothing...) Bourbon de Orleans (there were a lot more names preceeding the Bourbon-Orleans bit). Anna said that she was the "niece of the King of Spain". Anna also went on to say that her title comes from the Brazil-Portuguese side of the family.
The only Brazilian Anna Theresa I can find is (Princess) Ana Theresa, daughter of Prince Alberto Orléans-Bragança, but she was born in 1995. I'm not sure where the Australian Princess Anna Theresa fits in.

Tamara was on a table with Prince Michael (head [or soon to be head] of an important Polish noble family that "shaped Poland to what it is today". Prince Michael was acting as an undercover prince hence the name Mikush Sapieha)
I assume this is Prince Michael Sapieha-Rozanski, who was born sometime after 1980. His mother is Princess Cristina Orléans-Bragança, and his father is Jean, Prince Sapieha-Rozanski. Michael's grandmother is more illustrious, being the sister of the Countess of Barcelona, the mother of the King of Spain.

The connections are interesting...
Take three Princesses of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, all sisters:

• Princess Dolores > grandmother of Princess Tamara Czartoryski
• Princess Maria de las Mercedes > mother of King Juan Carlos
• Princess Maria de la Esperanza > grandmother of Prince Michael Sapieha-Rozanski.

Tamara was in the second series of a TV show in Britain called The Games . It's where 'celebrities' compete in sports in order to win.

I say celebrities lightly as one of the contestents was the man who cheated his way to one million pounds on the British 'Who wants to be a millionaire?'! :lol:

:ermm: I have to say that, we, the Spaniars dont know who is that Princess

Interesting, Tamara speaks of 'the' Polish Royal Family. Any Poles like to nominate which one of ther many Princely families is the Royal family?

I *think* she was on American Princess as well.

Thanks magnik for the links. Tamara doesn't seem all to bothered whether or not she introduces herself as the King of Spain's first cousin or just cousin. On Aussie Princess she intro. herself as the "first cousin" and in one of the video links above she was just the "cousin". I've always wanted to know what being "twice removed from the family" meant [could someone message me or tell me]?

Princess Anna Theresa looked certainly older [around 16-19] and was wearing clothes suited to [older] teen's.

Back on Aussie Princess...Prince Michael Sapieha is a magnificent artist. He drew the English country landscape for Amy.

Last edited:
Von Schlesian said:
Interesting, Tamara speaks of 'the' Polish Royal Family. Any Poles like to nominate which one of ther many Princely families is the Royal family?

Good point! :rolleyes:
I recall reading a line or two about her family, what I can't remember is if it was in a bio book online or some magazine (Hola or Point de Vue?). But they are part of the King's extended family. And by that we are easily talking about every crowned and uncrowned head and aristocrat there is. If there is so much King name dropping must be because her family relations are closer to the Borbon-Spain than the other crowned heads around.

Here are some pictures of (as we say in Spanish speaking countries) of La Czartoryski:
Tamara Czartoryski
Tamara Czartoryski
Tamara Czartoryski

and her ancestor Adam Casimir, Prince Czartoryska (1734-1823)- 1793
"... statesman and candidate to the polish throne (1764) and later Austrian Field Marshal...

Now on the family:
History of Siedlce the 3rd paragraph mentions the family taking over a town in Poland:
..Additionally Siedlce was plundered during the Swedish invasion, destroyed by plagues and diseases spread by the occupation of various armies.
At that time the ruined city was taken over by the Czartoryski family, who taking care of the town's development, reinstated former privileges and granted the citizens favourable new ones in 1693, 1727 and 1728...

Their history in 18th Century Poland along with the Lubormirski and Poniatowski families

Prince Adam Jerzy Czartoryski and his quarrels with the Ottoman Empire in the 19th Century

And last bonus link:
the name with a different spelling as Chartoriyski’s (Czartoryski) family, this link talks about another branch of this very international family. When you scroll down click on the link that says 'castles'. It provides a map with historical castle locations, I can't understand the language (German?) but maybe someone of our fellow Royal Forum members could tell us if they belong to the Czartoryski family.

Hope this short history and trivia about La Czartoryski and her kin gives you all something interesting to read about the young celebrity aristocrats.
Good night :)

Last edited:
Her correct name is "Czartoryska" with "a" at the end, name "Czartoryski" with "i" at the end is reserved for male

zarat said:
Her correct name is "Czartoryska" with "a" at the end, name "Czartoryski" with "i" at the end is reserved for male
Maybe she let herself be introduced as Czartoryska y Borbon - the Spanish way to use both father's and mother's last name? I think I read somewhere that she run the London marathon lately? Have to check.

I found this short biography of her on the web:

Tamara Czartoryski-Borbon

Princess Tamara Laura Czartoryski-Borbon was born in 1978 the daughter of Prince Adam Karol Czartoryski, who is a cousin of King Juan Carlos I, King of Spain.
HRH Princess Tamara appeared in Channel 4's The Games in 2005, with the likes of Anna Walker, and according to the Channel 4 site Tamara left school at 15 and pursued a career in show jumping, presented a Thai Kick boxing show as well as appearing in Full Throttle Famous for Granada and Celebrity Five Go Dating.
This all has the ring of plausibility. Tamara Czartoryski-Borbon's father is a martial arts expert, and Tamara was a showjumping expert in Channel 4's Faking It in February 2004. In Nancy Banks-Smith's review of the show it refers to Princess Tamara having acted in Carry On:
"There were three judges in Faking It (Channel 4). Lord Patrick Beresford, silver-haired scion of a noble house. Dr Dallas Burston, trust him, he's a doctor. And Princess Tamara Czartoryski-Borbon, Carry On actress and horsey cousin of the King of Spain. Which do you think is the fake? That was my feeling too. Even with a swig of Pol Roger, I found it hard to swallow Princess Tamara Czartoryski-Borbon...."
Princess Tamara, who ran in the 2006 London Marathon is a keen snowboarder, water skier, skydiver and kick boxer. She has presented Thai Kick Boxing, Full Throttle and Celebrity 5 Go Dating.
She has also filmed a children’s show It’s a Girls Thing for Sky One Mix and the ITV drama The Stepfather.

And here is the info about the marathon:

The National Autistic Society - Princess Tamara Czartoryski Borbon lets her legs do the talking for the NAS

Princess Tamara Czartoryski Borbon lets her legs do the talking for the NAS
Model and TV presenter Princess Tamara Czartoryski Borbon has chosen to take part in this year's Flora London Marathon on 22 April, to raise funds for The National Autistic Society (NAS), the UK's leading charity for people with autism.

Last edited:
I´m form spain and i dont know who is Princess Tamara

I get the feeling that she doesn't live in Spain. Her accent sounded totally like someone brought up in England.

Her connection with Spain is only that her paternal grandmother was the sister of King Juan Carlos's mother. Although her grandmother, Pss Dolores of Bourbon Two Sicilies, is from a junior line of the 'Spanish' Bourbons, their title came from Italy.

This all seems to be genuinely true from the genealogies - she is not a fake. Just a rather 'modern' sort of princess.

If she is claiming first cousin, then her father and the king are cousins. Since her father is a cousin, that makes her a first cousin.

I understand the the "one removed" is to indicate generations. So is it is twice removed it is two generations past. But I'm not 100% sure on the generations removed thing.

Alison20 said:
I get the feeling that she doesn't live in Spain. Her accent sounded totally like someone brought up in England.

Her connection with Spain is only that her paternal grandmother was the sister of King Juan Carlos's mother. Although her grandmother, Pss Dolores of Bourbon Two Sicilies, is from a junior line of the 'Spanish' Bourbons, their title came from Italy.

This all seems to be genuinely true from the genealogies - she is not a fake. Just a rather 'modern' sort of princess.

I think that she doesn´t live here, in Spain too

question

Hi!
I see you have good know about Czartoryski family.
I make research this family, now - it`s my desertation and hoby, now
And have not informashion about all Adam Ludwik Czartoryski`s daughters.
Ludwik has more children. And i`m interesting about all his daughters.
I know - Elżbieta married Stefan Adam Zamoyski on June 26, 1929 in Głuchów.
And others:
Małgorzata Izabella
Izabella Czartoryska
Anna Maria
Teresa
now i have a little information about them. i hope this haven`t some secret ))
May be you can help me? please.
p.s. my English may be not very good, sorry ))

contact with Tamara Czartoryska My cousin

Hello, could you help me contact Tamara Czartoryski, because I think we might be cousin.
My name is Christopher Zagorski-Czartoryski
I am the great great grand son of Wladyslaw Czartoryski.
(1828-1894)
She can write me on my mail: zag@internet.lu

thank you
Christopher Zagorski-Czartoryski

Bonjour, pourriez-vous m'aider à entrer en contact avec Tamara Czartoryska, car je pense que l'on pourrait être cousin.
Mon nom est Christophe Zagorski-Czartoryski
Je suis l'arriere arrière petit fils de Wladislaw Czartoryski.
(1828-1894)
Elle peut m'écrire sur mon mail: zag@internet.lu
merci
Christophe Zagorski-Czartoryski

Witam, może mi pomóc kontakt Tamara Czartoryski, ponieważ myślę, że możemy być kuzynem.
Nazywam się Krzysztof Zagórski-Czartoryskich
Jestem świetne wielkiego syna Władysława Czartoryskiego.
(1828-1894)
Ona może napisać do mnie na mój mail: zag@internet.lu

dziękuję
Krzysztof Zagórski-Czartoryski

Happy Birthday, Tamara!

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday, dear Tamara, Happy Birthday to you!

I want to wish you be the most beautifully girl on planet, have more friend, more happy.
I wish you to have all what you wont.
:flowers::wave:

She is not the King's first cousin, her father is. She is daugther of HRH Prince Adam Czartoryski, son of HRH Princess Maria de los Dolores of Borbón Dos Scilias (sister of the later Contess of Barcelone, King Juan Carlos mother) and HRH Prince Jose Augusto Czartoryski.

Her father Prince Adam Czartoryski is not HRH,but HSH...

But,it is also interesting that her paternal grandfather,Prince August Czartoryski (husband of Princess Maria Dolores of Bourbon Two-Sicilies) is himself the grandson of Princess Marguerite d'Orleans,granddaughter of King Louis Philippe of the French and daughter of Princess Victoria of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha,who was in turn first cousin of both Queen Victoria and Prince Albert,as well as niece of King Leopold I of the Belgians...

Very impressive connections indeed :)

So,she can say that she is first cousin once removed of King Juan Carlos...

First cousin x times removed of Queen Victoria...

First cousin x times removed of Prince Albert...

graet-great grand niece of King Leopold I of the Belgians.

etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom