Portraits of the Spanish Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many, many thanks Redferns for all your post n°60! What a work to compile all that paintings od Spain's Infantas from Velasquez and Picasso.

Really, we can say that Leonor has something of a beautiful infantita and I'm sure that Velasquez should done to paint a fantastic portrait of Leonor!:flowers: :wub:

I don't remember if I have yet asked for a public exposition of all or quite all the portraits of Juan Carlos and his familly. I'm sure that it will be very pleasant to see this portraits mad by very differents paintors who don't belong to specific school of painting than in the past where quite all the official portraits were "academic".

Cristina by Macarron

(Visual)

This man was THE painter of the XX Century of the SRF, a few have managed to show so much character and likeness to the Borbon-Grecia family like he did :)

Ricardo Sanz filled the first official portrait as Princes Felipe and Letizia of Asturias

The painter donostiarra Ricardo Sanz is about to complete the first portrait of Doña Letizia representing at the Princess of Asturias, which appears accompanied by her husband, Don Felipe. It will be the first official portrait of the Prince and Princess of Asturias. The decision was taken last winter, when Letizia was still pregnant with their second daughter, Sofia. The first meeting of Alight took place last October 22 at the Royal Palace, just before the gala dinner to the King and Queen of Spain gave the president of Slovakia. The meeting lasted about an hour and a half.

It is a canvas large -2.20 to 1.30-Ricardo Sanz expected to deliver after Christmas. Their fate will be the residence of the Princes. "For me, what more highlights of Don Felipe is the color of your eyes, a dark blue, and his good attitude as a whole. Princess Of what I like most is his mouth, and especially his eyes, and has a very beautiful, reflecting a great sweetness but also a strong character. She is always on top of him, was even worried that his band had placed well, "says the painter.

Ricardo Sanz pintará el primer retrato oficial de Letizia y Felipe como Príncipes de Asturias

Let's hope that we have the opportunity to see the picture before they place it in the House of the princes, because but, since they do not do official activities there, we will not have opportunity to see it.

Ricardo Sanz is the new official paiter... it was a tough job to replace Ricardo Macarrón, but the portrait of the Prince and Princess of Asturias is very nice, especially for Letizia, who is portrayed with a mixture of sweetness and strength:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/796937-post34.html

Last edited:
Thanks Carlota! I really like this one too.

By RICARDO SANZ:
This is my fav of the Queen.
It shows her in a more regal light rather than leaning to that of her utterly sensible yet ingenious character.

I really love how the family still do these oil on canvas portraits! I hope that we will see portraits of the infantas one day

very lovely portrait of the two
(even if they cut 10 lbs off the King lol;))

Gorgeous portraits of both! Is it standard in Spain for the flag to be shown below the heads of the Monarch? Here in the US we have rules about how the flag is to be displayed and any lowering of the flag like this would set social media ardiente.

:previous: Yeah, I find the lying on the floor flag a little bit disturbing too... :whistling:

Gorgeous portraits of both! Is it standard in Spain for the flag to be shown below the heads of the Monarch? Here in the US we have rules about how the flag is to be displayed and any lowering of the flag like this would set social media ardiente.

Could it be because the monarch is considered to be greater than the flag, as the flag is a symbol of his power? I'm just "thinking out loud" here, and I'm sure those of you in or near Spain can shoot all kinds of holes in my theory. But I know we Americans tend to elevate the importance of our flag to a higher level than many of our European friends hold their own flags, and part of that is because we have a slightly different concept of what purpose a flag serves and what exactly it stands for.

Back
Top Bottom