Pope Benedict XVI's Official Visit to Spain: November 6-7, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
“On Nov. 6 and 7 His Holiness Benedict XVI will make an apostolic trip to Spain, during which he will visit Santiago de Compostela on the occasion of the Compostela Jubilee Year, and Barcelona, for the consecration of Church of the Holy Family,”

Benedict XVI will be met at the airport in Santiago de Compostela by Spain’s Crown Prince Felipe and his wife, Princess Letizia.

In Barcelona, Benedict will meet with King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia before consecrating the Church of the Holy Family.

Latin American Herald Tribune - Pope to Visit Spain in November

I wonder if either of the King's sisters will get to meet the Pope ?

The Prince & Princess look very smart (well dressed) with the Holy Father .

It looks quite cold & foggy at Santiago de Compostela.

Thank you Lula for the beautiful pictures. Leti and Felipe looked so elegant... and the Pope he gives such a feeling of peace. I am moved, I visited Santiago de Compostela in "Año Jacobeo/Año Santo" and you can breathe the spirituality and magic of the place.

The pictures are wonderful! Thanks to all who shared. I think CPL and CPP looked very elegant and understated, as was appropriate for the occasion.

I was surprised CP Letizia received Communion from the Pope. She has been divorced and, unless there was a recent change, divorcees are not supposed to receive Communion. Perhaps the rules have changed (which I totally support!), but if they haven't, this is a very high profile way for the Holy Father to break his own laws.

I was surprised CP Letizia received Communion from the Pope. She has been divorced and, unless there was a recent change, divorcees are not supposed to receive Communion. Perhaps the rules have changed (which I totally support!), but if they haven't, this is a very high profile way for the Holy Father to break his own laws.
I believe Letizia was not married in the Catholic Church so the Church only recognized her marriage with Felipe.

This norm might be applied to the Infanta Elena married by the catholic rite and later civil divorced.

But not to the Princess. The first marriage of the Princess was civil, for the Church and the canon law that marriage does not have validity, for the catholic law if you do not marry for the catholic rite you are still single.

I due believe that Infanta Elana can not take communion but CP can as it wa a civil marriage and civil divorce, the laws of communion will not be changed no matter the case, which will mean if Elena is to see the Pope then she will on strict rules of religous grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom