Pope Benedict XVI's Visit to Valencia: July 8-9, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, thanks a lot to everybody for the photos.
I love Irene and Leonor, they are incredible beautiful, so blonde...
Leonor doesn't changes a lot since last time I saw her, but Irene is very different, more pretty :D
Cristina and Letizia are very good dressed for me, I don't like a lot Elena's outfit...and also I like the queen.

More from lfi, 2

239223103ix.jpg
239223117ee.jpg
239223127uw.jpg
239223131ui.jpg
239223144en.jpg
239223153pw.jpg

Thanks for all the great pictures. In the second picture of Ifi, Leonor looks like a doll with the round face and huge eyes. She looks like the baby picture on those Garber baby food bottles. I don't think Irene and Leonor look alike except the coloring. Irene has a long face while Leonor has a round face. Leonor's eyes are like buttons. They are huge. Irene's eyes are smaller. I think they will grow more different as they lose their baby fat. But I suspect both of them will grow into beautiful young women, just in different ways.

Last edited:
Lovely, lovely pics, those from londonfeatures are sooo great, but I'm going to kill lf' administrators for such small size...:D

I love the one with Leti and Leo sitting and kissing in the car and the one with Cristina and Letizia standing next to each other, with their girls on arms, we can clearly see how beautiful and pretty similar they are.

The infanta Cristina's daughter has grown so much. She is very pretty. She looks like a doll!!!

Thanks all for the photos, Letizia looks radiant and Leonor is so cute:)

Leonor is a little piece of haven, soooooooooooooooooooooo cute! :p

I liked the pictures a lot, my favorite one is Cristina, she wore really comfy clothes, this time I didn't like Elena's outfit, those pants are funny :D with Letizia I'm in the "I don't care" season, she finally bored me with the same clothes for septuagenerians over and over ;) , maybe that's her strategy after all ;) oh the kids were all great, to me and some of my friends Leonor looks like aunt Henar a lot!.
The King and Queen so in their roles, I don't care for this Pope as much as I used to care for my dearest JP II but it have being great to have him in Spain, specially for those who lost their families in the horrible accident :( , a shame Zapatero didn't went to the mass being Spain such a catholic country but that's why I don't like politics.

Leonor looks pretty much as the last time we saw her, I would of like a little something on her hair but I like the way she were dress, Irene have change a lot right? but pretty as always, with those parents, specially dad. :D

Last edited:
Last edited:
Dear fanletizia, many thanks for all the Spain Royal Family's shots.
Do you know if it's possible to have bigger plans ( I know for London feature, it's impossible... ) Thanks for your answer.

Dear Raniarocks, I don't want at all to discuss on this subject because there is special thread for that, but do you think really that the expression :" clothes for septuagenerians " it's a simpathetic word both for the septuagenerians who are condamned to be boring and for Letizia who don't look like an old woman ?

If my remark is irrelevant, I apologize.

Last edited:
lucys said:
I think the two Marichalar kids have soooo much charisma. I just adore seeing photos of them. Change her clothing, and Victoria looks like she belongs in a Velazquez painting.

I was thinking exactly the same when I saw her close-ups. I don't if it is for her dark hair, the flower in her head or her so-little-borbonish features.

She will be a gorgeous and very elegant lady.

I can't get over Juan Froilan new look, where was that handsome hidden?! He looks exactly Infanta Pilar kids when they were younger. I think it suits him wonderfully.

Thank you all for great job finding and posting all these pics and sharing it with us.

When I left yesterday I didn't expect to find more pictures but it is nice to see there were lots.

I now see Princess Letizia is a brave woman, she carried Leonor on the lap, on first pics Leonor appear on dad's and I thought Letizia had given up :D.

I see so much Felipe on this expression of Leonor.

What an amaizing day it was for Royal Family, Spain and, obviously, us :D.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

From deadline-press, 1 of 2

Attachments

• zzd9.jpg
    zzd9.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 274
  • zzd17.jpg
    zzd17.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 362
  • zzd8.jpg
    zzd8.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 307
  • zzd10.jpg
    zzd10.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 421
  • zzd11.jpg
    zzd11.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 327
  • zzd12.jpg
    zzd12.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,512
  • zzd13.jpg
    zzd13.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 214
  • zzd14.jpg
    zzd14.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 289
  • zzd16.jpg
    zzd16.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 268
  • zzd15.jpg
    zzd15.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 316
Last edited by a moderator:
deadeline press, 2 of 2

Attachments

• zzd18.jpg
    zzd18.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 271
  • zzd24.jpg
    zzd24.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 270
  • zzd23.jpg
    zzd23.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 265
  • zzd22.jpg
    zzd22.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 305
  • zzd21.jpg
    zzd21.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 391
  • zzd20.jpg
    zzd20.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 242
  • zzd19.jpg
    zzd19.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 196
It is good to see all the members of the spanish royal family participating on this visit. They can be and probably are a good role model for the spanish family as this is an event that was deeply related to the family and their values, it is very good to see them as a family more than the fact that they are royals. It is very nice to see how the kids are growing and becoming more mature (specially the older ones). I was impressed to see Froilan, he seems to have grown a lot lately, i just wish her mom decides to dress him or totally formal, with the suit and the long pants or unformal, like the other kids with the bermudas (without the jacket), i know how difficult is to decide how to dress children, i just would like she tries one way or the other.

What is Miguel holding ? Is it flowers...

Yes me to, all the pics are amaizing. And is always great see the all famely toguether... !! Thanks!

Oppie said:
What is Miguel holding ? Is it flowers...

Read what infanteleonor told us.

infanteleonor said:
Miguel, the small one of the men of the Dukes of Palm was more confused than his brothers. When arriving at the Palau he took in the hand an enormous yellow and white rose - the colors of the Vatican that in a negligence almost ends up giving to the journalists.

http://www.lasprovincias.es/valencia/pg060709/prensa/noticias/Tema_Dia/200607/09/VAL-SUB-017.html

He was in charge of offering His Holliness a flower with Vatican's colours :). If you can check the videos posted by BeatrixFan, you'll see Miguel playing with the flower when entering the Palau :D.

Regards,

Last edited:
I was so pleased that Papa kissed Leonor the way he does with the other babies he meets. Whenever he sees a small child or a baby, he puts his hands on each side of their head and kisses them. I think it's so sweet to see and such a lovely thing.

http://benediktxvi.ru/video-spain.html

Lots of videos from benediktxvi.ru - great site.

Images from facetoface

Attachments

• 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 265
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 299
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 328
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 302
  • 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 241
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 267
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 343
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:
I was so pleased that Papa kissed Leonor the way he does with the other babies he meets. Whenever he sees a small child or a baby, he puts his hands on each side of their head and kisses them. I think it's so sweet to see and such a lovely thing.

http://benediktxvi.ru/video-spain.html

Lots of videos from benediktxvi.ru - great site.

Great videos, BeatrixFan. Many, many thanks for sharing.

It is so nice to see these pictures moving ;)...

Letizia is very tender with her nieces, caressing them when they entered the Palau... also nice to see Infanta Leonor moving her legs under the dress and rising her head and eyes looking to everything.

A touching detail that I had missed on photos, Pablo is holding in such sweet way His Holliness hand while posing for the picture and one can see how happy and impressed His Holliness is with so well-behaved children. At a moment he seems to be saying exactly that and Queen Sofia and Infanta Elena look to the children as if they were checking who they are :D...

Thank you once again, BeatrixFan.

Regards,

Wonderful pictures, thanks to all who posted some!
It must have been a really exciting day for the children to meet the Pope..:)

Anedoctes surrounding Pope visit to Spain

The Palace of Generalitat was chosen by Royal Family for the celebration of pontifical hearings.

Although the meeting with Pope took place in the Golden Hall, the members of the Royal Family hoped in the Vella room (the same one where every Friday meets to the Consell) before seeing Santo Padre.

Benedicto XVI was impressed - therefore he let know through his assistants by an oil of Fernando - Disciple of Leonardo Da Vinci- dedicated to San Miguel and by the caissoned ceiling, of 1530, considered one of the best ones of Europe.

The Kings of Spain, who acted like hosts of the Pontiff in the institutional building, presented/displayed their seven grandsons to Benedicto XVI and this one was very affectionate with all the children although, specially, with smallest of the group, infant Leonor.

The King presented/displayed the husband of Infant Cristina saying to the Pontiff he was Basque. Benedicto XVI asked to him if it knew the language and the Duke of Palm answered him that "a little".

The Princess de Asturias was very pending of which the apron of Leonor impeccable for her first one meeting with teh Pope. Of course, when the moment arrived for presenting/displaying her to to the Pope for the blessing, Doña Letizia removed the pacifier. The Infanta, as she already begins to be a custom in his "public and private interventions", did not protest and continued staring with curiosity everything what there was in the room of hearings.

Infant Leonor made laugh all the presents when, during the photo of family and being in the arms of her father, she threw of the hair of her cousin Juan Urdangarín.

King and Benedicto XVI spoke all along in Italian and they did not do, that knows itself, nor a single commentary on soccer. The King saluted to him kissing the hand to him and he responded to him with the same gesture.

During the receptions, His Holliness gave to the Kings a tríptico of Renaissance reproduction made in enamel and had a detail with smallest, to those he gave rosaries and medals. In order to correspond to his gesture and as it is the tradition, His Majestys gave him a picture of Cristino Varela, canary author of 75 years of age, that professes a "deep admiration by the Pope", according to informed sources of the Royal House.

The Pope, who loved to be near the families of the forty and two deceaseds in the station of Jesus - where it happened the accident, thanked for "the surprise" of which Don Felipe and Doña Letizia joined him to pray with him. The Prince placed himself in the Pope's right side; and Doña Letizia to his left. His Holliness deposited a crown of white flowers and celebrated a prayer to ask for " the peacefull and eternal rest" of the accident victims of the more serious metro accident in Spain.

The pontifical dependencies, with a surface of 186 square meters, were located near the chapel of the Archbishopric - in the first plant of the building and had views to the landscaped patio. The rooms of the Vicar of Christ were decorated with some familiar photos of the childhood of the Pontiff and pictures recovered - among them the one of the Virgin of the Abandoned coming from the own Archiepiscopal Palace and of the Diocesano Museum. To Benedicto XVI was arranged, also, a small office as waiting room and his secretaries occupied adjacent dormitories. Also, closely to him, it was lodged his doctor and the Swiss Guard of the Vatican, that accompanies the Pope in his trips.

Pope Benedicto XVI turned upside down completely with the Valencian tradition eating paella and drinking horchata. The ones in charge to prepare the food were the "Workers de la Cruz" who, like members of the secular institute of consecrated life, habitually serves in the dependencies of the Archbishopric. The Regulating Council of the Denomination of Origin Chufa of Valencia took care of the drink.

The countless gifts that arrived during these days at Valencia for the Pontiff were arranged in a room of the Archiepiscopal Palace. Among them, emphasized the replica of a century XV chalice from Generalitat, reflection of the artistic transition of the Gothic to the Renaissance, that belonged to Pope Calixto III.

Benedicto XVI joked with the idea that he would like to be the grandfather of the world.

The King wished Benedicto him XVI, "from heart, a long and fecund pontificy". Don Juan Carlos added, that "fills of recognition and pride to us that Spain has been, in several occasions, chosen for the celebration of important days and encounter of the Church with doubtless meaning and universal projection".

Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía accompanied to the Pope until the stairway of the airplane, "Villa of a castle".

Enjoy :)!

mtbcm​

Leonor each time I see her get a good impress on me, what a stunning little girl. Oh my god.

From deadline press

Attachments

• DL114129_028.jpg
    DL114129_028.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 289
  • DL114129_029.jpg
    DL114129_029.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 289
  • DL114129_030.jpg
    DL114129_030.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 320
  • DL114129_031.jpg
    DL114129_031.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 413
  • DL114129_032.jpg
    DL114129_032.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 357
  • DL114129_033.jpg
    DL114129_033.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 472
  • DL114129_034.jpg
    DL114129_034.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 324
  • DL114129_035.jpg
    DL114129_035.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 380
  • DL114129_046.jpg
    DL114129_046.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 300
  • DL114129_047.jpg
    DL114129_047.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 371
I don't know how the genes mixed in this generation, but all 7 grandchildren of the Kings are absolutely gorgeous!:eek::D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom