Pope Benedict XVI's Visit to Valencia: July 8-9, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that she dressed like that because she wanted. The blouse is black, but I think the skirt is white and black or something like that... She looks beautiful Elena and Cristina also

These are very nice pictures. Sofia looks wonderful as usual and their children are so sweet. Leonor touching Juan is cute. I confess I had expected to see the royal ladies in black with mantillas but maybe that's old-fashioned protocoal that has been dispensed with over time.:confused:

adelaide said:
I'm just going to see the Spain Royal Family at the TVE INTERNATIONAL for the ceremony of this avening. The Princess of Asturias is wearing a black outfit.
Lula, do you think that Letizia is dress like because is event officila regarding the vatican protocole ?. As far as saw neither the Infantas Elana and Cristina nor the sisters, of the King are wearing black, but I'am not quiet sur/

This one is a festive act, where each one goes how it wants, there are no strict rules, I imagine that shewould change her clothes into comfort, she has changed the most official jacket into a more comfortable and fresh shirt.

I have seen the images in television. The marvellous children. Leonor since always very calm, the Pope has kissed her and the girl not has turned pale, has played with her grandfather and with the head of her cousin.
The children were calm enough and formal , all greeting the Pope and happy with their gifts. Irene has not liked the Pope , has not allowed that she should kiss her and she has angered a bit, then for the photo she calmed.:D

In Antena 3 have put a very good video, I wait that you can to see it in the web.;)

It's so great to see His Holiness with all the Spanish royal children! I always love family pictures of gatherings like these! Little Victoria looks very girly with the red ribbon in her hair, so cute! And it's always great to see Irene and Leonor of course. :)

So great to see the whole family. I love how Leonor is playing with Juan's hair. It looks like Juan has had a little bit of a growth spurt. I bet he'll be tall like his dad.

I like very much to see the kids. Leonor is growing very fast and also Irene, but I would like to see more photos of them, specially of Irene...they are incredible cute!

What a wonderful picture of the lovely family. This has to be one of the best pictures of the family so far.

For Canadians

RDI (The French version of CBC Newsworld) has been showing long clips of the visit today, I don't know if English Newsworld has been though.

From getty and anp

Attachments

• g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 405
  • g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 493
  • g3.jpg
    g3.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 508
thanks all for the photos.

Juan,Pablo,Miguel and Irene soooooo cuteeee ;) :p !!!!

Before I disapear under so much drooling over this pictures I have to say - Juan Froilán with his short hair looks amaizingly Borbón. And Victoria is so beautiful, she has serene features and they all seem to have studied the lesson;)...

I' ve been here before and I was about to ask if Juan was a grandson of Infanta Pilar or Infante Don Carlos. Amaizing! I hope they let the boy use the hair like that for a while:)! He looks beautiful this way and behaving like this I'll start choosing princesses on the other Royal Houses for him :D.

I guess that, by now, Letizia gave up on holding Leonor, she is getting so big. And the funny thing is that at pictures she seems a
peaceful baby but on videos one can see how active she is.

Thank you all for great job done!

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Last edited:

Attachments

• principes-leonor.jpg
    principes-leonor.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 520
  • capt.5db1d0d73103444f9809361a27dcbe3a.spain_pope_visit_mf805.jpg
    capt.5db1d0d73103444f9809361a27dcbe3a.spain_pope_visit_mf805.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
I would like to stand out, the good behavior of all the children. They all have been still and have been left to do the pics, Froilan is already the whole litle man and enclosed Juan following the protocol he has kissed the hand of the Pope.
Well, Miguel has showed us a bit his stomach.:D :p

That children so well polite:)

i totally agree paty, these children are so well behaved! it's great that froilan kissed the pope's hand. did any of the others do it? i imagine they were (at least the eldest) all taught how to receive such a big personality for a catholic country as spain.

i loved seeing leonor once again and every member of the family. what a nice family portrait!

i really hope we get lots and lots of pictures and perhaps we may see the children again soon!

How wonderful to see the family together. I liked the Queen and Letizia's clothes throughout the day very much. Do Catholic Queens only wear white when they go to to visit the pope and not if he comes to them. Was little Irene they? If not anyone know why she was the only one not present?

marezdote said:
How wonderful to see the family together. I liked the Queen and Letizia's clothes throughout the day very much. Do Catholic Queens only wear white when they go to to visit the pope and not if he comes to them. Was little Irene they? If not anyone know why she was the only one not present?

Marezdote,

I know pictures are taken from far, it is a big family ;), but how can you miss Irene?! She is on dad's lap.

(from elmundo, posted by lula)

Regards,

Last edited:
After seeing all the photos, i must say they all look lovely!
The photos with the King's grandchildren are very very cute!

purple_platinum, indeed, Queen Sofia loves that outfit... i thought she would use other... she has so many summer outfits, that are gorgeous IMO. :)

Thanks for posting all these beautiful photos! ;)

from elmundo

Attachments

• a569a0a46211333f831c834382116da2_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    a569a0a46211333f831c834382116da2_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 591
  • 48c6617b2a5a0b72778975d2ffb59611_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    48c6617b2a5a0b72778975d2ffb59611_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 338
  • 4d4c8c5dfe97728f1df77f355ccc2fe0_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    4d4c8c5dfe97728f1df77f355ccc2fe0_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 534
Who's the guy next to Inaki?

Looks like Jaime doesn't feel like applauding.

Last edited by a moderator:
mtbcm said:
Marezdote,

I know pictures are taken from far, it is a big family ;), but how can you miss Irene?! She is on dad's lap.

Regards,

Now seeing where she is I don't know how I missed her! Must need to get my eyes checked:D

Any idea why are there so few pictures of these events?

sadie said:
Any idea why are there so few pictures of these events?
I could be wrong, but I am under the impression that only a pool photographer or two were at each event. We'll find out tomorrow if agencies have other images, but I don't think we'll see many. The audience with the entire family and the Pope was clearly just a pool photographer and I suspect it was more or less the same at the evening event.

planetcher said:
Looks like Jaime doesn't feel like applauding.
I was under the impression his one arm and hand were still mostly paralyzed since his stroke. Am I wrong about that?

lucys said:
I was under the impression his one arm and hand were still mostly paralyzed since his stroke. Am I wrong about that?
Yeah, but he looks like he wanna be somewhere else. He's always so happy and chipper at fashion shows than any royal event.

Some more pics from Getty:

I really liked the second one, to be a fly on the air and hear what the Queen and the Pope were talking about... (probably in German);):D

lucys said:

I think it's the reason because he has a lot of trubble to coordinate some of his mouvements.

Yes it's obvious that Jaime looks to prefer the Paris's fashion event but for this man deeply injured by the life and for quiet all young men unable to use correctly his body because an illness, they need to forget their handicap. May be Jaime has a faith crisis ?

Last edited:
I seeing the mass on TV, and haven´t seen neither the Princes, nor Elena and JAime nor to Crastiña and Iñaki.
I believed that I would represent the whole royal family

The children take to protagonism the Royal Family turns upside down in the small ones of the house, who were spontaneous and calm the Royal Family turns upside down in the small ones of the house, which they were spontaneous and calm

The reception in the Palau of the Generalitat of the Royal Family on the part of Pope Benedicto XVI left a good number of anecdotes and likeable images in the retina. Children, as or usually it is habitual whenever the family in the heat of meets, they took all the protagonism of the day and demonstrated that, in spite of his short age, or he has tables sufficient to behave in official acts. The waited for image more was the one of Infant Leonor in the first visit that makes to the Comunitat. The small one, of nine months, showed its calm character again, but their parents could not avoid the inevitable actions of a baby: Princess Letizia had to leave a moment to by a diaper that quickly offered the niñera to him. During the family photo, Leonor put as a future queen and the only thing who managed to distract it was the blond hair of her cousin Juan Valentin Urdangarín, the first-born of the Dukes of Palm. Juan Valentin, their brother Pablo and Felipe Juan Froilán - son of Infant Elena and Jaime de Marichalar -, greeted the Pope as he sends the protocol: with one he weighs to reverence and a kiss in the ring. To Victory Federica Marichalar a kiss in the forehead on the part of Santo Padre corresponded to him. The girl Lucia a great red bow in the hair to game with its shoes and those of the very same Pontiff. Miguel, the small one of the men of the Dukes of Palm was more confused than his brothers. When arriving at the Palau he took in the hand an enormous yellow and white rose - the colors of the Vatican that in a negligence almost ends up giving to the journalists. The benjamina of the family, Irene, was as calm as its Leonor premium. The indumentaria also was analyzed. More than one it maintained the breathing when watching Finally white sparkles in the jacket of Doña Letizia - color that the protocol advises against -. was verified that it was a pink pie. The Infants also chose clear colors, whereas Doña Sofía Lucia printed skirt and blue jacket. When coming out, and again, all slopes of the children. Prince Felipe helped to accommodate to his daughter in the seat of baby placed in the back seat.

http://www.lasprovincias.es/valencia/pg060709/prensa/noticias/Tema_Dia/200607/09/VAL-SUB-017.html

capture from tve

Last edited:
Leonor robs plane to Pope REDACCION/I. R. juguetona (09/07/2006) Photo: In the image the Principes de Asturias saluting to the Pope to its arrival to Valencia. Infant Leonor Photo: Publicity Infant Leonor was the protagonist of the photographic session of the Royal Family. She made reir to the present journalists when throwing of the hair to his older cousin, Juan Valentin Urdangarín Borbón. Those have been many that have crossed a long way to be able to see Pope Benedicto XVI, but was not only their sanctity the one that caught the attention of the presents. The visit of Princes de Asturias and infant Leonor filled of pride the Asturian ones that they could move to Valencia. The Princes and the infant approached Valencia to be able to greet Pope Benedicto XVI, were first in arriving to be able to be in the tube station where the past Monday was an accident that caused the death of 42 people, when the Pope went, who decided immediately to visit the place as soon as the happened thing knew. The Pope thanked for "the surprise" of which Don Felipe and Doña Letizia had approached until there. Leonor, the first-born of Princes de Asturias, and second in the line of succession to Corona, which it is not seen in public from June principles caught the attention of all to his eight months. During the session of the photo of Family, Infant Leonor was in arms of her mother, Princess de Asturias, but Don Felipe took it in his what allowed the small one to approach the place where was its older cousin, Juan Valentin Urdangarín Borbón, and to throw to him of the hair. The incident made smile to all, less to the affected one, and the meeting continued with the delivery of the traditional rosary on the part of the Pope to the members of the Royal Family. The Kings lived an intense day with Benedicto XVI, that was very "moved" when sharing with the Royal Family to complete an encounter in the Palau of the Valencian Generalitat, according to informed a spokesman into the Vatican. The reason for this first visit to Spain of the Pontiff is the V World-wide Encounter of the Family, of there its emotion when contemplating the ample family of Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía. Before the encounter with the Royal Family, the Pontiff had met in prevailed with the Kings in the golden hall the Palace, although already they had maintained a first encounter in the airport of Manises, nothing else to arrive at Valencia.
http://www.lavozdeasturias.com/noticias/noticia.asp?pkid=283453

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom