Pascua Militar (2004-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love that uniform on Felipe!, he looks gorgeous! Letizia looks beautiful, and it's so sweet to see them holding hands :wub::wub:

Letizia looks lovely and I agree with her about recycling clothes however the same outfit has last year was a very bad choice, has I said before it seams she hasn't anything more to wear!!

oh well, i cannot hide my disappointment despite all the efforts by the members to explain letizia's choice. i agree that in the current economic climate it would be extravagant to waste money in a dress that is quite unique, as the event is unique (winter morning gala outside the palace). however, i still believe she could have done better than recycling for the third time for the same ocassion. i'm sure with abit of effort she could have found something appropriate in her extensive wardrobe. it just steals the show a bit, and no wonder the media only talks about letizia's recycling for the pascua now.

oh, i guess she just wanted to "match" the king and prince by showing up herself wearing a uniform... :)

oh well, i cannot hide my disappointment despite all the efforts by the members to explain letizia's choice. i agree that in the current economic climate it would be extravagant to waste money in a dress that is quite unique, as the event is unique (winter morning gala outside the palace). however, i still believe she could have done better than recycling for the third time for the same ocassion. i'm sure with abit of effort she could have found something appropriate in her extensive wardrobe. it just steals the show a bit, and no wonder the media only talks about letizia's recycling for the pascua now.

oh, i guess she just wanted to "match" the king and prince by showing up herself wearing a uniform... :)

I find interesting your comment about "the media only talks about letizia's recycling for the pascua now."

Certain sectors of the media in Spain (I do not even wish to call them journalists), know that Princess Letizia's name sells and they will take anything they can, twist it and turn it any which way it is possible to sell. In these years we have seen plenty of examples. While this forum has been on fire with comments for a long time on how often she recycles her clothes, not too long ago, an article appeared in a newspaper mockingly putting together the comment that the King about the crisis (he said it was necessary to "tirar del carro" - I guess "make economies") and mentioning at the same time the number of new dresses (I believe 34) and shoes that the Princess had last year. I remember it called her spending "enloquecido despilfarro." I do not know how to translate that, maybe "crazy overspending?". Funny, considering she attended close to 250 events with her husband and almost 30 by herself, in addition to all meetings and other events not on the agenda. Curiously, this same piece makes no mention of the Queens wardrobe, Infanta Cristina's or Infant Elena's. There is obviously a double ruler when it comes to "measuring" members of the royal family and HRH the Princess of Asturias seems to have become an easy target to use (reminds me a bit of Queen Sofia and King Juan Carlos back in the 1970s).

Regardless of what we think it would be normal or appropiate for a Princess, I think that royals in each individual country know their country and are attuned to their specific circumstances. They know what is appropriate and proper in their own countries. I do wish she would repeat less and get rid of those platforms, but I think it shows maturity, humility and know-how that she gracefully and elegantly adapts to whatever circumstances seem to be happening at the moment. And she looked beautiful, every inch a Princess-old dress and all.

At first I'm a bit disappointed that she chose to wear the exact same outfit but it's ok with me since she looks nice and maybe the Spaniards don't care if she repeated the same clothes over and over again.

IMO, the same outfit three times at the same event is too much, although she looks really well.

In my opinion, there is entirely too much stress on Letizia's outfit at this event. It is a military event and not a fashion show. The role of the ladies is to complement the men in uniform, and not to outshine them. They should appear dignified and elegant, which they do. There are lots of other events during the year at which they may wear cutting edge fashion. Incidently, can anyone tell me why the ladies wear long gowns at this event, and wear street length attire at the National Fiesta in October?

Recycling and having people remember she has worn an outfit several times before (sometimes on the same occasion) is most probably deliberate on Letizia's part. She is an intelligent woman. She knows that it is better to be thought of as a princess who is frugal when it comes to clothes than someone who puts too much importance on clothes. Of course, she has Zarzuela's blessings.

Like Chuchu said she is a very very intelligent woman, she know exactly what to do (the Queen told it to)
So Wearing the same gown at the same event 3 years followings
is not a hasard , she certainly has a reason, a goal, she certainly want to send the same message as usual "i am not a cinam star, or model, or a Fairy tale princess, what i wear , my gowns are note important, the topic's event is important"
why not ?....
Ourselves wear several gowns at parties or weddings when it's very nice and expensive

Boni, excellent post ! 34 new outfits for 280 events is very modest, I'm sure there are royals out there with more new outfits, only half of the events. I seriously doubt she had 34 new outfits in 2008, probably 34 different outfits since most of her clothes she wore on fall/winter 2008 were old clothes from 2007.
I doubt the media only talked about Letizia's recycling. The ridiculous overall look of the defense minister was much more eye catching.

I agree with you, the Defense Minister looked terrible and even worse when compared to Princess Letizia and the Queen.
Belga Picture

First news from Pascua Militar: Prince Felipe has shaven his beard... :flowers:

Thanks, lula. I am watching now! Letizia wears a red gown~

Thanks, lula. I am watching now! Letizia wears a red gown~

It seems princess Letizia is not wearing the same dress again, as she did in previous Pascuas Militares :D

Who is the woman speaking? :)
Sophia looks every so sleepy.

I think she is wearing the same velvet red dress, just with a new pattern on the front and no belt.

Who is the woman speaking? :)
Sophia looks every so sleepy.

I think she is wearing the same velvet red dress, just with a new pattern on the front and no belt.

She is the Minister of Defense.

The Princess wears the suit that other years she has dressed in the Reception to the Diplomatic corps.

She is the Minister of Defense.

The Princess wears the suit that other years she has dressed in the Reception to the Diplomatic corps.

Ahhh i think I was getting a little confused.
Maybe we should expect to see last years Pascua Militar gown at the reception to the Diplomatic corps. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom