The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I absolutely love Queen Sofia's outfit! And I just hope Felipe gives Letizia a rest and she's able to attend the celebration next year

Old 01-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Serene Highness

The Queen's outfit reminds me of something another royal lady has worn... I love it though!

Old 01-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Aristocracy

wow Queen Silvia looks very elegant!!
but where is princess Letizia?
Old 01-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Royal Highness

The Queen is perfect!
What a shame we didn't see Letizia...
Old 01-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

a have a question, if she is sick (for the pregnancy) for be in the pascua militar but she can go to milan?
the first months of pregnancy are hard (i say that for expereicne) mary is pregnant tooo and maxim a and they don't stop the agendas.
letizia work more with leonor's pregnancy that now, she don't go to the acts because don't want.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
a have a question, if she is sick (for the pregnancy) for be in the pascua militar but she can go to milan?
the first months of pregnancy are hard (i say that for expereicne) mary is pregnant tooo and maxim a and they don't stop the agendas.
letizia work more with leonor's pregnancy that now, she don't go to the acts because don't want.
Perhaps she woke up this morning and felt really bad? I wish we could have seen Letizia, but I'm sure there is a 'good' reason for her not being there
Old 01-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
Perhaps she woke up this morning and felt really bad? I wish we could have seen Letizia, but I'm sure there is a 'good' reason for her not being there
yes, may be, but was annunced beore she don't assit to the pascua
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
yes, may be, but was annunced beore she don't assit to the pascua
As it has already been said here, you never know with Letizia. They could have said it was just the kings and Prince Felipe attending, leaving the opportunity open for Letizia. Then if she didn't feel well enough today, she didn't have to go.
There must be a reason like she felt ill, because I doubt that she didn't attend because she couldn't be bothered
Old 01-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
As for work or not doing the pregnancy, the princess herself admitted that this pregnancy was being a bit more difficult than the one of Leonor in regards to sickness.

I know that we'd love to see the princess like we did in 2005, but saying that she didn't go because she didn't want to is going a bit too far, after all, she has little to no saying in what she does or don't do. It's not her decision.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Before we get bogged down in why Letizia wasn't there, would someone like to explain what the Pascua Militar is for those members not familiar with Spanish ceremonies?
Thanks.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
The Queen's outfit reminds me of something another royal lady has worn... I love it though!
Maybe Sofia got inspired on her Norwegian visit. Sofias looks much better and more appropriate for the season as well
http://www1.vg.no/bildespesial/show/...47&imgId=41637
Old 01-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Nobility

Sofia look gorgeous :)
Old 01-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Nobility

everybody wonders why letizia didn't attend...
Old 01-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Royal Highness

It was never announced that Letizia would attend Pascua Militar. Please stop speculating on the reasons and comparing her to other pregnant princesses. All pregnancies are different and it is really unfair to speculate. Any posts discussing her Letizia's non-attendance will be deleted because they are redundant.

Thank you.

Ennyllorac

Spanish Forum Moderator
Old 01-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
would someone like to explain what the Pascua Militar is for those members not familiar with Spanish ceremonies?
The "Pascua Militar" may be translated as Military Passover. It's a series of annual ceremonies, coinciding with the Feast of the Epiphany, which is particularly important in Spain (btw, they only open their Christmas presents today), since an important battle took place on this same day, in 1782.

A couple of video of the King's speech, at the Royal Palace:
http://www.informativos.telecinco.es...r/dn_39074.htm

http://www.antena3.com/a3noticias/se...si&id=12009007

King Juan carlos has said today, during the celebration of rhe Military Passover (and a week after the terrorist attack of ETA, at the airport of Barajas), that "united, we will put an end the terrorism". Don Juan Carlos emphasized his total confidence in the strength of the Spanish democratic institutions and of all the instruments provided by the State of Right", to defeat the violence.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Maybe Sofia got inspired on her Norwegian visit. Sofias looks much better and more appropriate for the season as well
http://www1.vg.no/bildespesial/show/...47&imgId=41637
Thanks for that Larzen, that must have been what I was thinking of and I agree with you, The Queen looks much better, infact she looks amazing
Old 01-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

A few more photos from inside the palace, by AFP/Getty:
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...72939739&cdi=0
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...72939726&cdi=0
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...72939718&cdi=0

The traditional celebrations in the Royal Palace were marked this year by the terrorist attack, perpetrated last Saturday in Barajas and which cost the life of two Ecuatorian citizens. "With total confidence in the strength of our democratic institutions, in all the instruments of the State of Right, in the solid action of justice, in the effective performance of our Forces of Security and in the reinforcing of the international cooperation, we will be able to definitively put an end to terrorist violence", said Don Juan Carlos.
Before an ample representation of the Armed Forces and the Civil Guard, Don Juan Carlos expressed his "grief, affection, support and solidarity" to the relatives and friends of the two victims of the ETA attack, which he described as "cowardly and vile" and reiterated his "most respectful tribute" to all the victims, as well as his support to the families. "Along with the radical repulse to this savage attack, I also want to emphasize that the terrorist barbarism will never break our faith on the democracy and our determination in the defense of the values and principles of our Constitution".

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/espan...lpepunac_4/Tes
Old 01-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://www.diariodemallorca.es/secci...Noticia=234297

The Princess de Asturias, who is now five months pregnant, was the great absent in the solemn celebration of the Military Passover, which fulfils this year its 225th anniversary, since King Carlos III instated it in 1782.

Accompanied by Queen Sofía and Prince Felipe, Don Juan Carlos presided yesterday, in the RoyalPalace, over the traditional Military Passover, which congregates every year all the military and governmental cupola, headed by the president of the Government.

The Head of the State, dressed in the uniform of captain-general of the Army of Earth, arrived at 12h05 to the Plaza de la Armería and, after greeting the prime-minister, the ministers of Defence and Interior, reviewed the battalion of honours, along with the army commander Felix Sanz Roldán.

Later, the Monarch, the Queen and the Prince (also dressed in the uniform of the Ground Forces) received the military and civil administrations in the Gasparini room. After the speeches by the Minister of Defence and by the Head of the State, the ceremony was concluded with a toast, in the Hall Columns of the Palacio de Oriente.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

King Juan Carlos, Queen Sofia and Prince Felipe attend the traditional Pascua Military at Royal Palace in Madrid
01/06/2007 - Royal Palace

http://www.filmmagic.com/ItemListing...252851&evntI=0
Old 01-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
King Juan Carlos, Queen Sofia and Prince Felipe attend the traditional Pascua Military at Royal Palace in Madrid
01/06/2007 - Royal Palace

http://www.filmmagic.com/ItemListing...252851&evntI=0
Thanks lula. Does anyone have access to these? I'd love to see the larger versions.

Tags
felipe, juan carlos i, letizia, pascua militar, prince of asturias, princess of asturias, queen sofia, sofia (1938 -), spanish royal family