Pascua Militar (2004-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gala in the case of the ambassadour reception - and today's Pascua Miliar - means long dress but not tiara etc, correct?

It's the same style the wear in Denmark to the 2 new year's courts at Christiansborg, only that the don't wear their Orders in Spain.

Gala in the case of the ambassadour reception - and today's Pascua Miliar - means long dress but not tiara etc, correct?

Yes, this way it is.

If my memory does not fail, in questions of etiquette over the "gala" there is the " great gala". In the gala the ladies go with long dress, but they take neither decorations nor big jewels and the men go of "chaqué". (I´m sorry I do not know translate this word)
http://www.casareal.es/sm_rey/images/alta_resolucion/familia_real_hr.jpg

In the great gala, they take decorations and the men with "frac"
http://i19.tinypic.com/7x2egi8.jpg

In case of the military uniforms, there are determined elements that change.

Does anyone happen to know if we can watch it life on the internet? I've found this link of tve RTVE :: TVE EN DIRECTO but it is showing the news, and not directly the whole pascua militar, while it just started minutes ago!

If my memory does not fail, in questions of etiquette over the "gala" there is the " great gala". In the gala the ladies go with long dress, but they take neither decorations nor big jewels and the men go of "chaqué". (I´m sorry I do not know translate this word)
http://www.casareal.es/sm_rey/images/alta_resolucion/familia_real_hr.jpg

Right. I think this is called cutaway or morning dress.

In the great gala, they take decorations and the men with "frac"
http://i19.tinypic.com/7x2egi8.jpg

And this one tailcoat or evening dress.

Another question, during the danish wedding where Letizia wore these two spectacular dresses, Felipe wore a tailcoat ("great gala") - but Letizia did not wear a tiara. I guess the reason is that she was not a princess yet but only his fiancee?

Does anyone happen to know if we can watch it life on the internet? I've found this link of tve RTVE :: TVE EN DIRECTO but it is showing the news, and not directly the whole pascua militar, while it just started minutes ago!
I am watching TVE, but they are showing the Lottery right now :ermm: Is there any other channel that we can watch in the internet? Thanks

Right. I think this is called cutaway or morning dress.

And this one tailcoat or evening dress.

Another question, during the danish wedding where Letizia wore these two spectacular dresses, Felipe wore a tailcoat ("great gala") - but Letizia did not wear a tiara. I guess the reason is that she was not a princess yet but only his fiancee?

Princess Leonor, the Pascua Militar is not an act that is emitted on tv.;)

Exact Duke, was understanding that until she was not Princess of Asturias she did not have to use tiara or have the decoration of the State. The Spanish Royal House is restrictive enough in these aspects, for example, not even Jaime not Iñaki has no decoration of the State for being husbands of the Infantas (Iñaki uses a civil personal decoration that is that of the Sports Merit).

I saw right now the Pascua Miliatar on tv the Queen is wearing I think a blue outfit, she looks really good, and the princess is wearing a green outfit and seems she's got a new haircut or is just their hairdo, they inside the palace listening I think it might be the defense minitry speech. And obviously the King and the Prince are wearing their military outfits.

Last edited:
Now they are emitting part in TVE's Internet channel, but this it is the channel of news of TVE, in the normal television there is nothing.;)

Last edited:
I saw right now the Pascua Miliatar on tv the Queen is wearing I think a blue outfit, she looks really good, and the princess is wearing a green outfit and seems she's got a new haircut or is just their hairdo, they inside the palace listening I think it might be the defense minitry speech. And obviously the King and the Prince are wearing their military outfits.

Thanks for the warning, great to see tve is at least broadcasting part of the Pascua militar. The Queen and Letizia look great! Leti does seem to have a new haircut, but I'm sure we'll see it better as soon as the pictures are published. Felipe looks very handsome in his blue uiform :wub:

The King of green, the Princess of green ... the Prince of blue, the Queen of blue...:lol:

Letizia seems to have recycled the jacket that she wore the first time she attended.

It looks like she cut her hair much shorter

Great picture, thanks Lula. I think they all look great. I love the Queens dress, and I think letizia looks fantastic too. I love the recycled top and the skirt is absolutely georgeous. Her new hairstyle is quite nice! It makes her hair very shiny and looks good on her! I also love the happy look on the Kings face, he's radiant!! I guess that picture of the King and Letizia talking and laughing shows the good relationship they have after all.
Here's an article from hola: LOS REYES HAN PRESIDIDO LA TRADICIONAL PASCUA MILITAR EN EL PALACIO REAL

Last edited:
Wow.... Letizia's hair......

It's not a bad haircut at all, I really like it, but it's just a lot shorter. It's kind of a surprise. But, like I said, I like it.

El Rey condena la 'lacra abominable' del terrorismo en el acto de la Pascua Militar | elmundo.es

The King condemns the ' abominable blight ' of the terrorism in the of the Pascua Militar

The King has reminded specially today in the celebration of the Pascua Militar the " victims of the terrorist barbarism ", whom he has sent his " more felt recollection, support and solidarity ".

Don Juan Carlos has presided in the Royal palace, together with the Queen and the Princes of Asturias, at the acts of the Pascua Militar
, at which also there have been present representatives of three armies and the Police, between other personalities.

During his speech, he has done a special mention to the " victims of the terrorist barbarism " and has remembered both constabularies recently murdered by ETA in Capbreton.

lots of great pictures. King & Felipe looks lovely in the their uniforms, Queen looks great in her gery outfit, and Letizia, not liking her outfit which looks like she is lost in it and hair abit too short for her.

Great pics, is always amaizing see new enovation on royals, i love Letizia hair...

El Rey dice que el balance de sus 70 años es positivo gracias a los españoles

The King says that the balance of his 70 years is positive thanks to the Spanish

The King thinks that the balance of his 70 years, anniversary that he celebrated yesterday, is ' very good thanks to all the Spanish '.

Don Juan Carlos, in an informal chat with journalists after presiding at the celebration of the Pascua Militar in the Royal palace, has commented that yesterday he passed the day of his birthday in family.

The King has reported that had received the traditional gifts, as a scarf, shoes or a tie, and even a pen that he had liked very much.

He commented, entertained, that the Queen had made him blow of seventy candles and that he had recommended to her that the next time should put only the candles with the number.

Last edited:
I like her jacket, but that skirt is waaay too big.

I really like Letizia's hair, it looks almost like Mary's now. She really needed that haircut in my opinion, overall she looked nice ! :flowers:

Many thanks for the pics & links! I enjoyed watching the parts that were shown on tv.

The Queen looked great although I am not too fond of her dress. Letizia recyled the top from 2005 which I think is fantastic and well worth being repeated but it's a bit odd to do so at the same occasion. However, the jacket looked much nicer with the fitted brown skirt (probably a complete design by Caprile) in 2005; I don't like this new green skirt at all, it's way too big and somehow ill tailored. Looks like she wanted a variation which is fine but instead of calling Caprile she called some cheap manufacturer ... and he ruined it ... too bad.

Getty has some more pics I believe were not yet posted:
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesAdvancedSearchState%7c0%7c2%7c0%7c28%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c%7c1%7c%7c%7c1%2f6%2f2008%7c1%2f6%2f2008%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c%7c0%7c%7c7%7c-1%7c%7cspain%7c0%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=0&tag=5

Last edited:
Looks like she wanted a variation which is fine but instead of calling Caprile she called some cheap manufacturer ... and he ruined it ... too bad.

This type of skirts, ALWAYS they are of Caprile, it is a style of skirt that he uses habitually, and that for example also he has designed for the Infanta Elena. Never Felipe Varela has designed a skirt like that to the Princess, all his skirts are more straight.

Spanish Royals Host New Year Military Reception
January 6, 2008 - Royal Palace
Madrid, Spain

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====299350&nbc1=1

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom