The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-06-2009, 01:12 PM

Dress repetition!!!

What happened to Princess Letizia? how come does she wears the same clothes to the Pascua Militar over and over again? Doesn't she realized that she used the same top 3 times already for the same activity?

Old 01-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gallery Prisma

Old 01-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaolivar View Post
What happened to Princess Letizia? how come does she wears the same clothes to the Pascua Militar over and over again? Doesn't she realized that she used the same top 3 times already for the same activity?
I´m sure she realized it
Old 01-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Serene Highness

the pics from Prisma are very great!!!!

Letizia looks so happy and relax!!! It's great to see how in love they still are with Felipe! they can't stop to hold their hands!! it's really lovely!

And the relationship she has with the Queen!!! it's good to see they like each other and they are so close!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 01-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don´t mind that princess Letizia repeats this outfit from last year. The jacket is so beautiful that it´s great to see it again. The main thing of today is the event, not the outfits of the royal ladies.
More photos:
Diario de Navarra
Informativos
Informativos
Informativos
Informativos
Informativos
This is a lovely photo of Letizia and an older gentleman:
Belga
Old 01-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

While Crown Princess Letizia should be duly lauded for recycling the outfit, I have to admit that the whole ensemble looks inadequate to me because of shiny cheap fabric. Perhaps, it would be better to invest into a custom-made perfectly-tailored outfit and then recycle it every year. Fairly speaking, Queen Sofia's outift was average as well.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Nobility

The Royal Family should buy her a militar uniform so if she's into uniforms she can be uniformed for real.

On 2005 the skirt was different but the overall appearance was exactly the same since that top is not any other top but one you cannot forget, not neutral at all and the skirt was long and everything much of the same.

Three times on the same act with the same outfit; is not a problem of recycling but rather bad recycling.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks View Post
Three times on the same act with the same outfit; is not a problem of recycling but rather bad recycling.
indeed. it's not a matter of recycling. she has tons of winter gowns she could have wore again. why this one for a third time IN THE SAME EVENT? very unwise. even that horrible red velvety gown she wore many times would have been better than this.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

More photos:
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
Old 01-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
indeed. it's not a matter of recycling. she has tons of winter gowns she could have wore again. why this one for a third time IN THE SAME EVENT? very unwise. even that horrible red velvety gown she wore many times would have been better than this.
Not true. She doesn't have tons of winter gowns, in fact this is about the only decent one she has for an outdoor event in the cold. The red velvet gown or the other green gown (first worn when Putin visited Spain) was more for the indoor events. She is long-overdue for a new gown from Caprile. However with the current financial crisis (although the SRF are not affected), she probably decided to give up buying another 5000 Euro gown. I would rather see her recycle her old clothes (the green jacekt is simply beautiful) from Caprile than buying a cheap looking Varela dress.

I love the jacket, the details are beautiful.
http://i40.tinypic.com/333co7m.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/11b2afc.jpg
Old 01-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks View Post

This event is not like any other event where her gala dresses can be recycled at different times - the event is during the day thus her choices for evening galas would not be appropiate. Princess Mary choose to wear the same brown dress with patterened coat to the diplomatic reception a few days ago and she had worn the same outfit at the same event a few years before. Personally Letizia recycling this outfit is similiar to the way Mary reused her dress - the event is totally different for all the rest on their engagement calendar and thus the outfits they wear to the Pascua Militar could not be worn at other events so it seems only sensible to repeat

I loved the interaction between Letizia and Sofia - its shows that they have a friendly and warm relationship

Old 01-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Personally Letizia recycling this outfit is similiar to the way Mary reused her dress - the event is totally different for all the rest on their engagement calendar and thus the outfits they wear to the Pascua Militar could not be worn at other events so it seems only sensible to repeat
I agree with you PrincessofEurope; it seems to be the closest these two princesses come to having to wearing 'a uniform' and it does seem strange if they turned up in new outfits that can only be worn on one occasion a year.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:30 PM

I don't discuss the relationship between Letizia and her husband or the Queen, I just wonder how come a princess wear the same on 2005, 2008 and 2009 the same clothes on the same act, one thing is to want to give the idea of not spending a lot, the other is repeating all the time, for Heaven's sake she is suppossed to be a princess, act and dress like that. Don't get me wrong, I like her, I just don't like her dress choices....
Old 01-06-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
I agree with you PrincessofEurope; it seems to be the closest these two princesses come to having to wearing 'a uniform' and it does seem strange if they turned up in new outfits that can only be worn on one occasion a year.

One thing is wearing an outfit once in your life, another is recycling from head to toe, jacket, skirt, purse, earrings etc. you can wear the same piece and make it look different, heck I do it and I'm just a poor mortal...
Old 01-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

At first I thought the pictures in the galleries were the ones taken last year ... and wondered why they were posted now...

I quite like this dress on Letizia (although it's a little weird she wore it for the third time for this event... maybe she'll make this dress her Pascua Militar dress and will wear it for the next few years...)
Anyway: It honestly is one of my favourites worn by her.
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2009...s/pascua3a.jpg

Old 01-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Purepeople

Letizia d'Espagne... une vraie et très belle princesse !
Old 01-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
El Rey pide el despliegue de todos los esfuerzos diplomáticos en Oriente Medio en la celebración de la Pascua Militar - Nacional - Nacional - ABC.es

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 01-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
El Rey pide un alto el fuego "inmediato" en Gaza · ELPAÍS.com
Old 01-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Commoner

It is always nice to see the King, the Queen, the Prince and the Princess in this ceremony. It is a fantastic way to start the new year, after the break for the holidays. They all looked relaxed, happy and ready to begin the new "royal year." HRH certainly does not need a new outfit to shine every time she steps into the spotlight. She looked beautiful today: impeccable makeup/hairdo and her attire -if not new- suited her very well; she looked quite elegant and graceful.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

I love the top of Letizia's outfit but I don't think it's a good idea to repeat it over and over for the same event year after year. Next year everyone will be guessing if Letizia will wear the same outifit again or not... We can even create a poll here

Apart from that, yes I agree the Princess' hair, make up and posture were truly nice.

Tags
felipe, juan carlos i, letizia, pascua militar, prince of asturias, princess of asturias, queen sofia, sofia (1938 -), spanish royal family