The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryo View Post
Bravo to letizia!!!!!!
she not only wear the exact jacket she had worn at exact ceremony(after 2 years absence) she cut her hair to save spainards tax payers money as much as she can.it is just too extreme. she could wait until she gets as old as her mother then cut her hair in this way.
hate the cut and hate the fact that she destroy our good memories of her previous gorgous looks by inapropriate recycling.
it's time she learned eventhough you love a style,it doesn't mean it suits you.
god she had wonderful hairstyles before christmas and then this!!!!!
Well considering her last haircut was very badly slated on this forum it seems she cannot win!

I do agree with you on the recycling of this jacket though, it looked much better the first time around!

Old 01-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the pics lula, i like her new hairstyle, i think she had a similar haircut while she was still working at tve.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

waouh letizia and the queen look great!!! I love their dress!!! and letizia's new haircut is really good!!!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 01-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

I just got home and found these great photos here, thank you! Both the Queen and the Princess look lovely. I like Letizia´s new haircut quite much, and the jacket looks gorgeous as it did previously. I like also the skirt and the colour of her outfit. It´s great to see so many nice photos of the family members chatting to eachother!
Old 01-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Royal Highness

I am surprised she would use the same jacket to the same event, even if it was 3 years later. I had read that Diana's outfits were catalogued with a list to what event she had worn the outfit to. I wonder if they do the same. It is a stunning jacket, though. Let's see if the magazines pickup on the fact that it was the same jacket worn 3 years ago.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

the jacket is incredibly beautiful, one of the best pieces of clothing she owns
now, the skirt and haircut...
Old 01-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Bravo to the Queen! She always manages to look wonderful and very classic! She looks really elegant!

Letizia's outfit is nice, even it is recycled. The skirt looks nice.
I am not too fond of the new hairdo.
Maybe it will grown on me... but so far I don't like it. It looks so shapeless in a way... I so loved the hairdo she had before.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
was it necessary to recycle on this very day the same jacket she use the only time she attended the pascua militar? not to be a moaner, but i don't find it the best option. she has lots of lovely gala gowns, why repeating this one this day? i also noticed she must have taken advice from sofia and brought a pashmina with her as the queen does every year.
Are you sure this is a pashmina? It looks more like a blanket and the colour does not suit neither the skirt nor the jacket.

http://i14.tinypic.com/6sa5991.jpg (thanks to lula)

It looks like something Queen Elizabeth II would cover her knees with when sitting in her carriage.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Nobility

I love her new hairstyle. She's got the hair texture to get away with such a style. Reminds me of the cut Mary got last year, which also looked fantastic on her. She looks beautiful
Old 01-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

More photos:
Larioja
Libertad Digital
Old 01-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

The two ladies are very elegant and royal. The two men are very handsome in their uniforms. I doubt anyone other than members of these royal boards pay any attention to whether a jacket is used for a second or third time. Letizia's jacket and skirt is very elegant and she and the queen compliment each other very nicely.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos:
Gallery from Isifa
Old 01-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Courtier

The skirts of Queen Sofia and Princess Letiiza are appropriate for the occasion. A tight-fitting skirt is not practical nor is approriate.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 01-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
El Rey condena la "lacra abominable" del terrorismo | elmundo.es videos

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 01-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

"inappropriate recycling" is the word. it summarises my thoughts exactly.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

i think what is wrong with Letizia's skirt is that it is too long and that is what is making it overpower her
not really keen on the haircut - Mary did this same bob haircut this time last year and now look it is nearly as long as it originally was - lets hope letizia growns it in the next few months as it just doesnt work for her face. her hair looked the best pre-marriage during the engagement period

Old 01-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Courtier

Love the outfits of the 2 ladies and I think Letizia's haircut and style suits her beautifully.

Stellad
Old 01-07-2008, 05:28 AM
Nobility

Wow, I love Letizia's new hair-style. She looks absolutely gorgeous

Tags
felipe, juan carlos i, letizia, pascua militar, prince of asturias, princess of asturias, queen sofia, sofia (1938 -), spanish royal family