The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

El Rey condena la 'lacra abominable' del terrorismo en el acto de la Pascua Militar | elmundo.es

The King condemns the ' abominable blight ' of the terrorism in the of the Pascua Militar

The King has reminded specially today in the celebration of the Pascua Militar the " victims of the terrorist barbarism ", whom he has sent his " more felt recollection, support and solidarity ".

Don Juan Carlos has presided in the Royal palace, together with the Queen and the Princes of Asturias, at the acts of the Pascua Militar
, at which also there have been present representatives of three armies and the Police, between other personalities.

During his speech, he has done a special mention to the " victims of the terrorist barbarism " and has remembered both constabularies recently murdered by ETA in Capbreton.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

lots of great pictures. King & Felipe looks lovely in the their uniforms, Queen looks great in her gery outfit, and Letizia, not liking her outfit which looks like she is lost in it and hair abit too short for her.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Royal Highness

Great pics, is always amaizing see new enovation on royals, i love Letizia hair...
Old 01-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Gentry

Some more:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...07/6s81o3k.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...07/6z8ylok.jpg

This one is soo funny.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...07/8brlusy.jpg

http://realeza.4.forumer.com
Old 01-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

El Rey dice que el balance de sus 70 años es positivo gracias a los españoles

The King says that the balance of his 70 years is positive thanks to the Spanish

The King thinks that the balance of his 70 years, anniversary that he celebrated yesterday, is ' very good thanks to all the Spanish '.

Don Juan Carlos, in an informal chat with journalists after presiding at the celebration of the Pascua Militar in the Royal palace, has commented that yesterday he passed the day of his birthday in family.

The King has reported that had received the traditional gifts, as a scarf, shoes or a tie, and even a pen that he had liked very much.

He commented, entertained, that the Queen had made him blow of seventy candles and that he had recommended to her that the next time should put only the candles with the number.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Courtier

I like her jacket, but that skirt is waaay too big.

I really like Letizia's hair, it looks almost like Mary's now. She really needed that haircut in my opinion, overall she looked nice !
Old 01-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
El Rey dice que el balance de sus 70 años es positivo gracias a los españoles

The King has reported that had received the traditional gifts, as a scarf, shoes or a tie, and even a pen that he had liked very much.

He commented, entertained, that the Queen had made him blow of seventy candles and that he had recommended to her that the nearnext time should put only the candles with the number.
LOL! Thanks for the translation, LULA
Old 01-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Gallery of photos Prisma

http://www.prismanews.com/spip.php?article2140

VIDEO
Vídeos en ELPAÍS.com
Old 01-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Many thanks for the pics & links! I enjoyed watching the parts that were shown on tv.

The Queen looked great although I am not too fond of her dress. Letizia recyled the top from 2005 which I think is fantastic and well worth being repeated but it's a bit odd to do so at the same occasion. However, the jacket looked much nicer with the fitted brown skirt (probably a complete design by Caprile) in 2005; I don't like this new green skirt at all, it's way too big and somehow ill tailored. Looks like she wanted a variation which is fine but instead of calling Caprile she called some cheap manufacturer ... and he ruined it ... too bad.

Getty has some more pics I believe were not yet posted:
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...%7c0&p=0&tag=5
Old 01-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Looks like she wanted a variation which is fine but instead of calling Caprile she called some cheap manufacturer ... and he ruined it ... too bad.
This type of skirts, ALWAYS they are of Caprile, it is a style of skirt that he uses habitually, and that for example also he has designed for the Infanta Elena. Never Felipe Varela has designed a skirt like that to the Princess, all his skirts are more straight.

Spanish Royals Host New Year Military Reception
January 6, 2008 - Royal Palace
Madrid, Spain

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...=299350&nbc1=1
Old 01-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the nice pics!
They all look great! I love the colour of Queen's dress, but I am not fond of her silver coloured pursue.
Letizia looks great! I love the colour of her dress and I find that it suits her very well. IMO, I only don't like the fact that she shows that she is wearing extremely high heel shoes and her body seems to be disproportionate. Her skirt is huge and very long!
Also her new haircut is nice, but IMO doesn't look that great on her. It make her nose look even bigger.
Felipe is gorgeous, as always!
I find that the King doesn't show his age! He looks great!
Old 01-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Courtier

Thanks to all for the pictures!
I think they all look great
I love letizia's outfit, the skirt is really beautiful.. Her new haircut looks good but is too short for MY taste..
Felipe...... well he's simply gorgeous!
Old 01-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

was it necessary to recycle on this very day the same jacket she use the only time she attended the pascua militar? not to be a moaner, but i don't find it the best option. she has lots of lovely gala gowns, why repeating this one this day? i also noticed she must have taken advice from sofia and brought a pashmina with her as the queen does every year.

nice new haircut though (although makes her look somewhat older) and nice new jewelry.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Nobility

I love Letizia new cut of hair!!!.. and tha jacket is so lovely, I'm not sure about the skirt
Old 01-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for all the good pics. I really like Letizia's jacket and the color of the outfit, but as others said, the skirt is way too big. Her new hair style is nice, and certainly very short.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Gentry

Smile Thanks Lula...

Lula thank you so much for the pictures!! The King and Felipe look so handsome and the Queen lovely. I loved the way Letizia looks, she is stunning... Happy New Year to all of you!
Old 01-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Royal Highness

I'm not a huge fan of Letizia's outfit. The top/coat is fine, but the skirt is awful, IMO. Too big. And I personally think that the color is not the best for her.

The more I look at her hair, the less that I like it. I originally thought it was nice, but now I think that it's much too short for her.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Aristocracy

Bravo to letizia!!!!!!
she not only wear the exact jacket she had worn at exact ceremony(after 2 years absence) she cut her hair to save spainards tax payers money as much as she can.it is just too extreme. she could wait until she gets as old as her mother then cut her hair in this way.
hate the cut and hate the fact that she destroy our good memories of her previous gorgous looks by inapropriate recycling.
it's time she learned eventhough you love a style,it doesn't mean it suits you.
god she had wonderful hairstyles before christmas and then this!!!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

While I don't like Letizia's outfit, the jacket is the only piece that suits her imo, I do think it's great to see the family getting along so well.

There are lots of photos of Letizia and J-C having a laugh together which hopefully will dispel some of the rumours that he doesn't like her!
http://i2.tinypic.com/8g3tf69.jpg

Tags
felipe, juan carlos i, letizia, pascua militar, prince of asturias, princess of asturias, queen sofia, sofia (1938 -), spanish royal family