Official Visit from the United States, July 9-11

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so embarrasing that they need to invite mr. iglesias. he never dressed up to meet the king, and i doubt he will dress up to meet obama. what a character! he obviously thinks of himself too highly: he even snubbed an invite to a high profile event not long ago. i am hoping that at least, being the youngest of the lot of the 4 political parties' representatives, he can hold a decent conversation in english with obama.

EDIT: actually, he looks like he can speak english... well, at least that's something going for him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-AN1-0Y208

Last edited:
so embarrasing that they need to invite mr. iglesias. he never dressed up to meet the king, and i doubt he will dress up to meet obama. what a character! he obviously thinks of himself too highly: he even snubbed an invite to a high profile event not long ago. i am hoping that at least, being the youngest of the lot of the 4 political parties' representatives, he can hold a decent conversation in english with obama.

EDIT: actually, he looks like he can speak english... well, at least that's something going for him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-AN1-0Y208

I think dresscode will be suit & tie, Iglesias could do the smaller offence and leave the tie or the bigger offence and come in jeans, but most likely he will come in suit & tie to annoy the king because he is dressing up for Obama but not for him.

Obama cuts his trip to Spain, to travel to Texas

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...tary-presidents-travel-spain-and-dallas-texas

On Saturday, the President will depart for Madrid, Spain, where he will spend the night. The President will participate in meetings with his Spanish counterpart and other government officials on Sunday then travel to Rota as previously scheduled to speak to military personnel serving there. The President will return to Washington on Sunday night – one day earlier than planned. The President will no longer travel to Seville.

It seems to me that the royal house of Spain has been doomed with official /state visits for quite a while!

It was clear that Dallas would change everything. The visit to Spain is of no political importance, it's kind of a good bye visit that Obama had promised.

He can't have lunch for fun in Madrid while there are really, really pressing issues of this magnitude in his own country.

Given the news its not that surprising and as said above it was really just a farewell visit by President Obama.

Obama cuts his trip to Spain, to travel to Texas

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...tary-presidents-travel-spain-and-dallas-texas

On Saturday, the President will depart for Madrid, Spain, where he will spend the night. The President will participate in meetings with his Spanish counterpart and other government officials on Sunday then travel to Rota as previously scheduled to speak to military personnel serving there. The President will return to Washington on Sunday night – one day earlier than planned. The President will no longer travel to Seville.

shame about the spanish trip, but i think it was a needed decision to take the president to texas, instead, given the current climate.

i am sure the people from seville - and all the spanish media - are disappointed, it seems to me that the public spain is very into this sort of visit by someone as prominent as the president of the US. However, the change of plans was needed.

i must say the king looks very dashing in that grey suit!

It seems to me that the royal house of Spain has been doomed with official /state visits for quite a while!

I think it is a real effort in our President to go to Spain. The climate in the USA is difficult and the President needs to come home. I am glad he went for a day. It shows that the President wants to say goodbye. Hopefully he will visit Sevilla (Seville) once his term is over.

I think it is a real effort in our President to go to Spain. The climate in the USA is difficult and the President needs to come home. I am glad he went for a day. It shows that the President wants to say goodbye. Hopefully he will visit Sevilla (Seville) once his term is over.

Mine was just a general comment, as Spain hasnìt been lucky with vivits from /to Spain. Ex: the visit to France cancelled twice, if I am correct.

I wholeheartedly agree that Obama couldn't do anything different than going home.

Back
Top Bottom