News from the Spanish Nobility

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lia

Nobility
City
Athens
Country
Greece
I'm sorry to ask my guestion under the Royal Family of Spain but i did not know where to write it so here it goes .Today i got Hola magazine that was dated 30th of Octomber.While looking at pictures etc i saw pictures of a wedding, it was page 63.On that page i saw a woman named Nati Abascal.Who is she?She is very familiar to me, i think i have seen pictures before but i don't know.Also in the picture she is with her two sons.....very good looking especially one named Luis :heart: :heart: ......Any info on them too??One of her sons Rafael has a title of duque de Feria y marques de villalba.Any pictures availiable?What is their connection to the Royal Family?Thank you

Nati Abascal is the ex-wife of the late Duque de Feria - the one who went to prison for kidnapping.

For some reason I thought that the duke de Feria had daughters, but, now that I think of it he has sons.... do we have any pictures?

Also the Duquesa de Medinacelli has two granddaughters, her eldest sons daughters, one named Victoria Euginia I believe and the other I can't remember, do we have any photos of them? Were they candidates for the Prince of Astrius?

Please help.

Chanel

chanel said:
For some reason I thought that the duke de Feria had daughters, but, now that I think of it he has sons.... do we have any pictures?
Yes, Nati Abascal is indeed the ex-wife of the duke of Feria and she has two sons: Rafael and Luis.
Here you have a couple of photos of them. The first one is from the funeral of her mother, Natividad Romero Noriega, where you can see her accompanied by the eldest son, Rafael.

Attachments

• abascal.jpg
    abascal.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 13,685
  • gente5_2787.jpg
    gente5_2787.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 8,974
  • dati.jpg
    dati.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 13,815
Last edited:
Hola!..I know all the members of Rey Juan Carlos' familia but I'm not familiar with the other members of the Spanish familia real (their extended family), therefore, I am asking anyone who knows here especially the spanish members about the Dukesa de Alba ( Duchess of Alba)...coz I always see her at Spanish news..Is she a de Bourbon?..I think she's a popular figure in Spain as I always see her on celebrity news..I just cant understand the news about her coz the show is in spontaneous Spanish language..

2 different things. Two royals houses (casa del rey and casa de los alba).

Mahoogie said:
Hola!..I know all the members of Rey Juan Carlos' familia but I'm not familiar with the other members of the Spanish familia real (their extended family), therefore, I am asking anyone who knows here especially the spanish members about the Dukesa de Alba ( Duchess of Alba)...coz I always see her at Spanish news..Is she a de Bourbon?..I think she's a popular figure in Spain as I always see her on celebrity news..I just cant understand the news about her coz the show is in spontaneous Spanish language..

The Duchess of Alba is neither member of the Royal Family nor a Borbón. She is the most important aristocrat of Spain, is one of the women with more pertaining to nobility titles of the world, and a good fortune. Alba's Duchy has an antiquity of centuries.

rchainho said:
2 different things. Two royals houses (casa del rey and casa de los alba).

Los Alba they are not a Royal House, are a Ducal House. In Spain it is not the same thing. The Spanish aristocracy has dukes, counts and Marquesses. But the Kings are over all of them.

The duchess of Alba has 35 nobiliary headings.
Jaime Peñafiel criticized the simple fact of the Duchess of Alba to have done a courtesy to Letizia in the previous night to the real marriage, because in this night letizia was not princess and the duchess of alba kneel itself before the granddaughter of a taxi driver.

lula said:
The Duchess of Alba is neither member of the Royal Family nor a Borbón. She is the most important aristocrat of Spain, is one of the women with more pertaining to nobility titles of the world, and a good fortune. Alba's Duchy has an antiquity of centuries.
Oh, she's a Spanish aristocrat..Lula, thanks for that information..Its interesting to know that there are famous Spanish aristocrats..I have heard that Infanta Elena's esposo, Jaime de Marichalar, is an aristocrat,I think he's a son of a duke-something like that..

She is over all of them (Queen Elizabeth has to make the curtsy to her).:)

Mahoogie said:
Oh, she's a Spanish aristocrat..Lula, thanks for that information..Its interesting to know that there are famous Spanish aristocrats..I have heard that Infanta Elena's esposo, Jaime de Marichalar, is an aristocrat,I think he's a son of a duke-something like that..

Jaime de Marichalar is a son of the Counts of Ripalda, his father died and today in day the Count of Ripalda is the major brother of Jaime.
The majority of the titles of the aristocracy have centuries of the Antiquity, the Kings were delivering them to the persons who were serving to the state, in the past one was giving the title and a few properties.

At present it has got lost. The King delivers titles of an honorific way, but that do not go I obtain neither no property nor economic benefit. The titles they are delivered to persons who do a service to the (state. For example, prime ministers, the exchief of the Royas House or persons that it is considered that they do big contributions to the culture, how the Nobel prize Camilo Jose Cela.
The titles were inherited the major son male, until this year that the law has changed. The Duchess of Alba inherited it because she was the only daughter.

rchainho said:

It they are bilges that some journalists say how Peñafiel, but it is not true.
She has very much titles, but the title of major range is that of duchess and therefore the Kings and Princes are over her. In the protocol the place it does not give the number of titles but the importance of these.

rchainho said:

Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth, would never curtsey to anyone. She is a queen...maybe not of Spain, but nonetheless a queen. She, or any HRH, HGDH, HIH, HH, HSH, do not curtsey to anyone who is not royal without the titular dignity of such. There is a big difference between being royal and aristocratic like the Duchess of Alba, no matter how old or how many titles she has.

The De Alba family seems sometimes like the secondary royal family in Spain, without being royals.

Toledo said:
The De Alba family seems sometimes like the secondary royal family in Spain, without being royals.

Well, they are practically the last aristocracy left in Spain and their lifes have been plagued by scandals (unlike the RF:rolleyes: ;) ) so the tabloids adore them and they are every week in the media one way or another

fanletizia said:
Cover of "Hola" magazine this week,
meaning no disrespect, but tis this what happens when you have too much plastic surgery? Or maybe, not enough? Wow! She used to be incredibly beautiful!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has been converted in a news thread about the Spanish nobility.

Please note that all the images posted must respect the attachment policy and be hosted elsewhere (ImageShack, Photobucket, TinyPic, Supload, etc.).

Thank you,
Alexandria, Anna_R & Elsa M.
Spanish Forums Moderators

O.K. What we know about the other members of the Spanish Nobility?

Last edited:
yeah...and how about the family that produces the Alvaro Domecq wines? I've read somewhere that they are members of the Spanish nobility too. ;)

Going back to the de Alba family, what is their relation to the SRF? And would the other Borbon side be considered nobility or royalty?(the ones that claim the french throne [if it ever comes back])

The Borbon Two-Siciles family is consider royalty, Louis Alphonse de Borbon is not consider royalty, I think when his father died the Duke of Cadiz title merged with the crown and KJC hasn't given it to him, besides the Orleans are the true claimants of the French Throne aren't they?

crisiñaki said:
The Borbon Two-Siciles family is consider royalty, Louis Alphonse de Borbon is not consider royalty, I think when his father died the Duke of Cadiz title merged with the crown and KJC hasn't given it to him, besides the Orleans are the true claimants of the French Throne aren't they?

That was were i was confused. I thought the Orleans were the true claimants of the French throne. I read though that Luis was created Duke Anjou and therefore considered himself the heir to the french throne.:confused:

Kelly said:
That was were i was confused. I thought the Orleans were the true claimants of the French throne. I read though that Luis was created Duke Anjou and therefore considered himself the heir to the french throne.:confused:

He was never created Duke of Anjou, the only title he can ever claim would be the Duke of Cadiz but as I stated before it merged with the crown, thus he has no claim on either spanish or french thrones even if some people says he's the senior male member of the senior branch of the Spanish Borbon.

the King of Spain is Juan Carlos de Borbon; the true claimants of the French Throne are the Orleans and he won't be able to change that

crisiñaki said:
He was never created Duke of Anjou, the only title he can ever claim would be the Duke of Cadiz but as I stated before it merged with the crown, thus he has no claim on either spanish or french thrones even if some people says he's the senior male member of the senior branch of the Spanish Borbon.

the King of Spain is Juan Carlos de Borbon; the true claimants of the French Throne are the Orleans and he won't be able to change that

Crisiñaki, you are totaly right, actually the situation is exactly as you said.

Back
Top Bottom