Nobility

Interview made by the magazine Escaparate de Sevilla to Countess of Romanones:

Escaparate - Portada

Escaparate - Entrevista a...

http://www.escaparatedesevilla.com/e...caparate44.pdf

Old 10-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Wedding of Rafael Medina Abascal, Duke of Feria, and Laura Vecino in Toledo

Elegantísimos invitados a la boda de Rafa Medina y Laura Vecino - Famosos Españoles - Famosos Corazón - Famosas, noticias de famosos, fotos al detalle - Diez Minutos

Galería de imágenes - Foto 1 - Espectacular desfile de invitados en la boda de Rafael Medina y Laura Vecino
Old 11-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Commoner

Succession

First I'll apologize for having not combed the site for this question.

I know the law regarding equal primogeniture had been passed, I thought it was retroactive to titles created after July '05, but is it retroactive for even the most ancient titles? (with the heir potentially changing in July '05). What about the "Italian" titles?

Thanks - a lurker.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The law had been passed in 2006, and is retroactive to July 2005, and it is valid for all the Spanish titles.

Btw, what do you mean with Italian titles?
Old 11-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Commoner

That seems sad the old titles are going to pass out of the families more often. I guess I should have put that in heavy italics "italian" P. Belmonte/D. Acerenza family are the only one's that come to mind.
-off to lurk.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simeon View Post
That seems sad the old titles are going to pass out of the families more often.
This will happen indeed: for example, the title of Duke of Medina-Celi, hold by Fernandez de Cordoba Family since early XVIII century, at the death of the current Duchess Victoria Eugenia will be inherited by her daughter Ana de Medina and, at Ana's death, by her son Prince Marco zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg; or the Dukedom of Franco, at the death of the present holder Carmen Franco y Polo, will be inherited by her daughter Carmen Martinez-Bordiu y Franco and then by Carmen Martinez-Bordiu's son Luis Alfonso de Borbon.

Quote:
I guess I should have put that in heavy italics "italian" P. Belmonte/D. Acerenza family are the only one's that come to mind.
-off to lurk.
I don't know the exact answer to your doubt; I can guess that, since now Spain is the only country that officially recognizes the Italian titles given by the Spanish Kings when the south of Italy was still ruled by Spain, these titles are ruled by Spanish Law.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Cayetana Fitz-James Stuart, Duchess of Alba, and Alfonso Diez are seen
sighting on December 28, 2010 in Madrid, Spain.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 12-29-2010, 06:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to this information, Jacobo Fitz-James Stuart y Fernandez de Castro, grandson of the Duchess of Alba will marry next spring with Asela Perez Becerril.

Boda de la casa de Alba en primavera - ABC.es
Old 12-31-2010, 07:16 PM
Commoner

I was reading an article about the law which now entitles females to inherit nobility titles and it says that because of this law, Leonor followed by Sofia are now the direct inheritors to the throne and can't be bypassed by their male cousins. I wasn't aware that this had ever been a possibility. I was under the impression that the only way they would be passed in line would be if the prince and letizia now had a son or sons. That the only way one of their male cousins (I am assuming Felipe since he's the oldest grandson) could be King would be if Prince Felipe died childless and then his sister Elena would have been next in line followed by her son Felipe and then his sister Victoria if *he* were also childless at his own death. Or am I wrong about that?
Old 01-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sproketti View Post
I was reading an article about the law which now entitles females to inherit nobility titles and it says that because of this law, Leonor followed by Sofia are now the direct inheritors to the throne and can't be bypassed by their male cousins. I wasn't aware that this had ever been a possibility. I was under the impression that the only way they would be passed in line would be if the prince and letizia now had a son or sons. That the only way one of their male cousins (I am assuming Felipe since he's the oldest grandson) could be King would be if Prince Felipe died childless and then his sister Elena would have been next in line followed by her son Felipe and then his sister Victoria if *he* were also childless at his own death. Or am I wrong about that?
You are right and the article is wrong. The law regarding nobility titles only affects those nobility titles, a change in the law of succesion(of Kings and Queens) is much more complex and not done yet.
Besides, the only way Leonor(and Sofía) would be bypassed by their male cousins would be with the Salic Law, and we don't have it in Spain.
Felipe is the heir, and Leonor and Sofía are his heiresses unless Felipe and Letizia have a son.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Spanish noble families feud over the law abolishing male primogeniture - The Guardian
Old 01-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
Its very wise for the King not to involve in this. The SRF and the government havent made their homework yet, changing the male preferrence rule for the generation after next (Leonor, who will only become Queen if she doesnt have a brother).

In general its a bad thing to change such a law for the generation to follow where often the male heir has been groomed to take over and now is not allowed to.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

I think the international media is confused about the fact that the law was changed for nobility only and hasnt been changed for the SRF as yet.
Women inherit the nobility titles thanks to law of equality
Old 01-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Duchess of Alba, Cayetana Fitz-James Stuart and Carmen Tello seen sighting
on January 17, 2011 in Seville, Spain.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages **
Old 01-22-2011, 07:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Alvaro de Marichalar and wife Ekatherina (nee Anikieva) attend Mango new collection at the Palacio de Cibeles on November 16, 2010 in Madrid, Spain.

**pic 1** **pic 2** **pic 3** **pic 4** - Zimbio
Old 01-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

The Duchess of Alba and Alfonso Diez congratulated Lucia Bosé on his 80th birthday

La Duquesa de Alba y Alfonso Díez felicitan a Lucía Bosé en su 80 cumpleaños

Google Traduttore
Old 02-02-2011, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator

The Duchess of Alba and her son and daughter attended a charity gala dinner and theatrical performance for
supporters of The Prince's Foundation for Children and the Arts hosted by Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess
of Cornwall at Buckingham Palace on February 1, 2011 in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **
Old 02-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Administrator

** Pic 2 **

In this pic the Duchess of Alba and the Prince of Wales seem like old chums.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

The King has granted nobility titles to the trainer of the Spanish selection, Vicente del Bosque, and to the Nobel prize of Literature, Mario Vargas Llosa, who from this Friday are Marquesses "del Bosque" and "de Vargas Llosa", respectively. The Official Bulletin of the State (BOE) publishes the concession on the part of His Majesty of four new nobility titles, also for the ex-justice of the Constitutional Court Aurelio Menéndez and for the businessman Juan Miguel Villa Mir, that they pass to be Marquess "de Ibias" and Marquess "de Villar Mir" , respectively.

El Rey hace marqueses a Del Bosque y Vargas Llosa - ABC.es

Tags
nobility, spanish nobility