News from the Spanish Nobility

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great to see some better pictures of the groom and bride, the new Countess of Osorno.

Carlos' uncle Cayetano got two titles from his mother but doesn't have any children. Will his titles (Count of Salvatierra and Duke of Arjona) revert back to the Duke of Alba (whether that will be his elder brother Carlos or nephew Fernando) upon his death? I know it isn't automatic but needs to be officially requested, so I am mainly asking who will have the first rights to his titles.

Cayetano is father of twins with Genoveva Casanova, Luis and Amina

https://www.hola.com/imagenes/actua...butantes-hola/0-512-152/cayetano-irujo1-a.jpg
https://www.ecestaticos.com/image/c...eral-por-la-duquesa-cayetana-cordon-press.jpg
https://cdn-3.expansion.mx/dims4/de...mina-martinez-irujo-cumplen-mayoria-edad3.jpg

Here's a gallery with more official photos of the wedding of Carlos Fitz-James Stuart and Belén Corsini:

** rex gallery **

What a stunning setting at the Liria palace in Madrid for the official photo of the newly wed Count and Countess.

I don't recognize the order the groom is wearing. I don't think it is a royal Spanish order.

The badge with the two crests is the one of the Real Maestranza de Caballería de Sevilla: the Arms of Spain plus St George fighting the dragon.

The blue ribbon with the golden badge: La Sagrada Orden Militar Constantiniana de San Jorge in which don Carlos, the Conde de Osorno, was invested together with his elder brother Don Fernando, the Duque de Huéscar:
https://ordenconstantiniana.org/el-...ngreso-en-la-orden-de-manos-del-gran-maestre/

Last edited:
Its is an absolutely Magic Wedding Waw !

The Duke of Alba and Mathilde Solis ( great )
I suppose te Duke and Duchess of Calabria represented the Royal Family.
I noticed that the Widow of the Duchess of Alba was among the Guests.

Its is an absolutely Magic Wedding Waw !

The Duke of Alba and Mathilde Solis ( great )
I suppose te Duke and Duchess of Calabria represented the Royal Family.
I noticed that the Widow of the Duchess of Alba was among the Guests.

I had hoped we might see the Infanta Elena or one of her cousins at the wedding.
Queen Sofia and the Dowager Duchess of Calabria both attended his older brother's wedding in October 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks, I see that his English wikipedia page is insufficient. So, it will be interesting to see whether he wants both of his children to have a title or that only the eldest of the twins will get a title. My guess is that his son (who seems to be the eldest) will be Duke of Arjona in due time and his daughter Countess of Salvatierra.

But his brother Fernando is unmarried and holds the Title Marquis of San Vicente del Barco

Thanks. I would still be interested in the theoretical case - so, we can take a look at this specific case. How does it in general work in Spain if a title holder of a title that was ceded to someone dies without a child as heir. Who will be the first in line to inherit?

This one might be even more interesting as this is one of the titles that his mother got from her mother; all other titles she got from her mother's side of the family were passed on to her second son instead of her eldest (who received most of the Alba-related titles). So, from the former Duchess of Alba's perspective, this title should probably go to her second son('s descendants) when the time comes instead of her eldest.

Last edited:
I really like the flowers in her train. It wouldn't be my usual taste but it really worked for her and the stunning surroundings.

I had hoped we might see the Infanta Elena or one of her cousins at the wedding.
Queen Sofia and the Dowager Duchess of Calabria both attended his older brother's wedding in October 2018.

The future duke of Alba is a bit more important than his younger brother (in terms of position in the Spanish nobility); in addition, given the Covid-pandemic I can understand why especially some elder royals won't attend a wedding if not strictly necessary.

I really like the flowers in her train. It wouldn't be my usual taste but it really worked for her and the stunning surroundings.

I agree. When I first saw it, I had my doubts but it really worked well for her (and it was nice to see parts of it in the clothing of the flower girls as well).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I would still be interested in the theoretical case - so, we can take a look at this specific case. How does it in general work in Spain if a title holder of a title that was ceded to someone dies without a child as heir. Who will be the first in line to inherit?

This one might be even more interesting as this is one of the titles that his mother got from her mother; all other titles she got from her mother's side of the family were passed on to her second son instead of her eldest (who received most of the Alba-related titles). So, from the former Duchess of Alba's perspective, this title should probably go to her second son('s descendants) when the time comes instead of her eldest.

As far as i recall in such Cases the Title's go back to the Main Family so that the then duke of Alba has the reight to petition.
I know that the Tiltle's tghe klate Duchess inherited from her maternal grandfather where ceded or petioned by her second son as this was the wish of her grandfather but this one is differentd as she apparently inherited from her mother andnot from him(was it ceded to her by her father?).

Isn't it wonderful how they don't have any scruples to print that Rosario is the former duchess' first great-grandchild while including one of her elder great-grandchildren in one of the pictures?!

Other than that, I like that the Duke and Duchess of Huescar decided not to take away the limelight of their younger brother(-in-law) but decided to organize the christening after his wedding (without Covid I assume it would have taken place earlier but as they already waited quite some time for more relaxed rules, it made sense to wait until after the wedding).

It was a very hot day in Seville by all accounts and temperatures reached 36ºC earlier ,so hope it wasn't too uncomfortable for all.

The Duke and Duchess of Huescar, Tana Rivera Martinez de Irujo and Fernando Martínez de Irujo Fitz-James Stuart were among the guests at the 'Viva la Mamma' opera premiere in Madrid yesterday, June 2:

** hola article ** rex gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
The Duchess looks really lovely and nice to see the Marquis of San Vicente del Barco there too.

Shocking news and the Marquis is also dead :previous:

That's terrible news; especially for their 4 children.

The Duchess of Montoro wore a very beautiful face mask to the event :previous:

The duchess looks very chic and elegant and a lovely neat hairstyle too.

A mass was held for the late Carlos Falcó, Marquis of Griñón, at the San Francisco el Grande Church in Madrid yesterday, June 28:

** gettyimages gallery **

Nice to see the Infanta Elena present I also spotted her cousin Princess Cristina de Borbon Dos Sicilias and her husband Pedro Lopez Quesada.

Back
Top Bottom