News from the Spanish Nobility

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the photos!
I have to say that the Duchess of Alba looked lovely in a red outfit. Despite her age, her hands have got a delicately feminine shape.

You are most welcome, Al_bina! I think they did a bit of photoshopping for those pics,
but that's fair enough and quite normal these days.

On April 23 the Duchess attended the Cayetano Rivera bullfighting in Seville:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

On May 10 the Duchess of Alba attended the Mutua Madrilena Madrid Open at La Caja Magica in Madrid and in the
evening she was seen at the 'Cyrano de Bergerac' Opera at the Teatro Real in Madrid together with her husband:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The personality of Duchess of Alba is extremely interesting, but could we find more about her children and grandchildren( besides wikipedia)? It could be interesting to get more informed about her family, maybe someone knows a link.

Yesterday, June 4, the Duchess of Alba and her husband (as well as other celebrities from Spain) travelled to Edinburgh
to attend an event presided by the Prince of Wales to honour Spanish ceramic tiles Porcelanosa.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

The Duchess of Alba and her husband Alfonso attended a ceremony in which the Duchess was named honorary embassador of bullfighting cities in Puerto de Santa Maria, Cadiz, southern Spain on 19 June 2012.

** Pic ** belga gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** andaluciainformacion.es: La duquesa de Alba asegura que “no es una obligación sino un orgullo” ser embajadora.. ** translation **

** elnuevodiario.com.ni: La duquesa de Alba, "encantada" de ser embajadora de Red de Ciudades Taurinas ** translation **

Last edited:
Spanish baroness says hard times forced her to sell painting
Spanish Baroness ‘Tita’ Sells Painting, Fetches $35 Million
An early 19th century masterpiece has become one of the most expensive British paintings ever sold. It’s a landscape called “The Lock” by John Constable, and it sold Tuesday night at auction for more than $35 million. Constable’s masterpiece was causing quite a stir in Spain even before the sale. At a recent press conference, the blond, bejeweled 69-year-old owner said she hoped her extremely important painting would fetch a lot of money. She said it was crucial for her as she needs the dough. “People say I’m a millionaire,” Carmen Cervera Thyseen told reporters, “but I’m not. Maybe I am in terms of the all the paintings I own. But I’m asset rich and cash poor.”
Picture of the Miss Spain 1961 contest Tita won.

On October 23, the Duchess of Alba attended the IX Festival de las Naciones Charity Awards at Real Alcazar in Seville.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

She is a remarkable lady isn't she? And rather busy for her age. She really enjoys life!

And priceless to boot!

Indeed and given that the Madrid residence of the Dukes of Alba was devastated during the Spanish Civil War its an amazing historical legacy.

Her shoes are always beautiful , I am sure they are made specially for her.

Back
Top Bottom