King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 8: December 2005 - Feb. 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their Majestys the Kings have presided over the inauguration of the commemorative acts of the Centennial I of the Inspection of Work and Social Security, of whose Organizing Committee the Presidency of Honor shows Don Juan Carlos. To their arrival to the Palace of Congresses of Madrid, Their Majestys were received by the president of the Constitutional Court, Maria Emilia Baamonde Houses; Social Secretary of Labor and Asuntos, Jesus Boiler Sa'nchez-Capita'n; and the delegate of the Government in the Community of Madrid, Constantino Méndez.
The King emphasized the role played by the Inspection of Work in the modernization of our country "thanks to the regime of liberties and the political, economic and social stability that our Constitution guarantees. A Constitution, fruit of the amplest consensus reached between the Spaniards, whom an ample frame of labor and social rights establishes ".

www.casareal.es

11412322069006at.jpg

Last edited:
Images from terra

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 243
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 243
Larzen said:
The Spanish royal couple will start their state visit to Norway on June 6th, they will stay in Oslo untill the 7th and then the whole party goes to Bergen on the westcoast for the 8th of June, where the Royal Yacht Norge will be anchored. It will be the return visit of King Harald and Queen Sonjas visit 11 years ago.

According to Se og Hør today they have it from several sources that the Court in Madrid has not wanted to do the visit for many years because they thought that Eva Sannums relation to Felipe would overshadow the visit, but now that Felipe is married, the visit will finally take place (oh well...just reporting what it said, looking forward to the visit anyhow and they are comming at the most beautiful time of the year as well)

Will Felipe & Letizia join the state visit as well? :confused:

purple_platinum said:
Will Felipe & Letizia join the state visit as well? :confused:
´

The Princes of Asturias never do official trips with the Kings. Only they are present at the indispensable acts, which need the presence of both and normally in Spain.

lula said:
´

The Princes of Asturias never do official trips with the Kings. Only they are present at the indispensable acts, which need the presence of both and normally in Spain.

I'm curious why this is so? Does Felipe need to remain in Spain to act as regent or something? Is it perhaps a security issue?

I don't want to get into comparing royal houses, but in other royal courts very often the Crown Princely couple travel with the King/Queen abroad. For the Norwegian centennial Haakon and Mette-Marit travelled with Harald and Sonja to Great Britain, Victoria frequently travels with her parents abroad, and last year Frederik and Mary went on a tour of Greenland with Margrethe and Henrik. At the end of this month, Willem and Maxima will visit Argentina with Beatrix.

yeah.. i'm wondering about that too. I just wish sometimes the Casa Real would bend the rule just a little bit, and use a state visit as an occassion to introduce Felipe & Letizia to their fellow royals. i think this is kinda what happen when Haakon & Mette-Marit visit Denmark, or when Victoria visit Belgium, etc. The Princes of Asturias are completely able to do an official visit on their own, but it would be great to see them interacting with other royals on a state visit abroad.

oohh.. please just bend the rule just a little bit..

It was a commemorative act, so maybe he got some sort of a medal that he wanted to show his wife.. (or give to her) Just my guess..:D

purple_platinum said:
yeah.. i'm wondering about that too. I just wish sometimes the Casa Real would bend the rule just a little bit, and use a state visit as an occassion to introduce Felipe & Letizia to their fellow royals. i think this is kinda what happen when Haakon & Mette-Marit visit Denmark, or when Victoria visit Belgium, etc. The Princes of Asturias are completely able to do an official visit on their own, but it would be great to see them interacting with other royals on a state visit abroad.

oohh.. please just bend the rule just a little bit..

I believe that on the one hand it is a safety question, it is not advisable that King and the Inheritor do united trips, because if it happens a problem, there can be a serious problem.
On the other hand, the Prince Felipe has an international very important agenda without need to travel with the Kings. Already he has assigned obligations that allow him to meet Chiefs of State and of Government. In Bulgaria, he met the President of the Republic and the Prime minister when opened the Cervantes. And next week will meet those of Portugal and Chile in the changes of Government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom