King Abdullah & Queen Rania of Jordan's Official Visit to Spain: October 18-19, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
King Abdullah & Queen Rania of Jordan's Official Visit to Spain: October 18-19, 2008

King Abdullah & Queen Rania official Visit October 18

Source

Wow, I hadn't realised they were going to Cuba as well. It looks like this may prove to be an excellent trip for royal watchers.

Out of curiosity, does their youngest son typically accompany them on these longer trips?

Out of curiosity, does their youngest son typically accompany them on these longer trips?

So far, yes he has been on almost all long trips.

I am really looking forward to seeing these photos! Queen Rania is fascinating, and I am sure that the Spanish Royal Family are excellent hosts.

How long is it since they last visited Spain? I seem to recall a visit so it cant be too long surely?

Hopefully there will be many photos of the Jordanian and Spanish royals together when they meet at the airport and the sites they will see.Oh yeah I can't to see the royals at dinner time wearing their sashes and the lady royals wearing their tiaras or a
nice crown what a sight to see.

How long is it since they last visited Spain? I seem to recall a visit so it cant be too long surely?
The Jordanian couple made a state visit to Spain in 1999 and a brief visit in September 2003.
Queen Rania has made several working trips to Spain over the years, the last one being in July 2006 for GAVI.
King Abdullah and Queen Rania were supposed to attend Expo Zaragoza earlier this year but never did for some reason. Maybe that's why they're visiting Spain now just before they start an official visit to South America.

Hopefully there will be many photos of the Jordanian and Spanish royals together when they meet at the airport and the sites they will see.Oh yeah I can't to see the royals at dinner time wearing their sashes and the lady royals wearing their tiaras or a
nice crown what a sight to see.

I don't think so. It's an Official Visit, not a State Visit therefore no reception at the airport, tiaras etc. The dinner is at Zarzuela Palace, not at the Royal Palace, for me it all sounds very low-key.

I don't think so. It's an Official Visit, not a State Visit therefore no reception at the airport, tiaras etc. The dinner is at Zarzuela Palace, not at the Royal Palace, for me it all sounds very low-key.
That's kinda of a bummer but still I hope there will atleast be photos of royals with each other.

king and the queen made a state visit to Spain in 1999,excuse my ignorance here but how many time should past before pay another state visit??

king and the queen made a state visit to Spain in 1999,excuse my ignorance here but how many time should past before pay another state visit??
I don't think there's a specific time limit but because they are most important diplomatic meetings between countries they tend to be less common.
State visit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For example Rania usually visits the US once a year for CGI etc but those are not state visits.

I cant wait to see queen Rania in spain again ....

P.Hamzah and Noor departed with the king we'll have pics for the cute princess soon

P.Hamzah and Noor departed with the king we'll have pics for the cute princess soon
I'm really looking forward to all the photos, it will be just like the Dutch state visit then.

King starts working tour to Spain, Latin America

Amman, Oct. 18 (Petra) His Majesty King Abdullah II, accompanied by Her Majesty Queen Rania left for Madrid ahead of a state visit to Chile and two working visits to Argentina and Brazil.

In Madrid King Abdullah will meet King Juan Carlos of Spain and hold talks with Spanish Prime Minister Jose Zapatero on bilateral relations and developments in the Middle East, particularly with regard to forging ahead with the peace process and supporting Palestinian-Israeli peace talks. News

:):flowers::wub: pics :wub::flowers::)
Spain's King Juan Carlos (C-L) and King Abdullah II of Jordan walk on arrival at Madrid's Barajas airport on October 18, 2008. His Majesty King Abdullah II and his wife Queen Rania begin an official tour to Spain followed by several Latin American countries

83336640.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
83336659.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
83336626.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
83336624.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thanks for the pictures :flowers:.

I didn't expect that the Kings of Jordan will be received at the airport by the Kings of Spain. That's a nice surprise. Queen Rania and Queen Sofia look very good.

Petranews: King arrives in Madrid News

Thanks for the photos. I hadn't realised that they would be greeted by King Juan-Carlos and Queen Sofia, apleasant surprise indeed!

Isn't Rania heading straight to a meeting at the Arabic House in Madrid?

Queen Rania looks very tired, hair messy and a bag which is too big IMO for arrivin/visit. WOuld work well for a meeting. Do you mean P.Hamzah & P.Noor arrived on a different plane? I thought they would be travelling all together.

I want to say that they are behind (a problem of translation spanish - english:lol:).

This one is not an official ceremony in strict sense. The King and Queen only receive in the airport persons with whom have a very good relation, and in case of State Visits the official receipt always is celebrated in the Pardo Palace.

Back
Top Bottom