The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

King Abdullah & Queen Rania of Jordan's Official Visit to Spain; October 18-19, 2008

King Abdullah & Queen Rania official Visit October 18

Source

Old 10-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow, I hadn't realised they were going to Cuba as well. It looks like this may prove to be an excellent trip for royal watchers.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Royal Highness

Out of curiosity, does their youngest son typically accompany them on these longer trips?
Old 10-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Out of curiosity, does their youngest son typically accompany them on these longer trips?
So far, yes he has been on almost all long trips.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I am really looking forward to seeing these photos! Queen Rania is fascinating, and I am sure that the Spanish Royal Family are excellent hosts.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

How long is it since they last visited Spain? I seem to recall a visit so it cant be too long surely?
Old 10-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent

(at least) one of the events of the jordanian visit is already confirmed and up in the spanish royal house website: dinner at zarzuela with the king, queen and princes of asturias.
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Courtier

Hopefully there will be many photos of the Jordanian and Spanish royals together when they meet at the airport and the sites they will see.Oh yeah I can't to see the royals at dinner time wearing their sashes and the lady royals wearing their tiaras or a
nice crown what a sight to see.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 10-14-2008, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
How long is it since they last visited Spain? I seem to recall a visit so it cant be too long surely?
The Jordanian couple made a state visit to Spain in 1999 and a brief visit in September 2003.
Queen Rania has made several working trips to Spain over the years, the last one being in July 2006 for GAVI.
King Abdullah and Queen Rania were supposed to attend Expo Zaragoza earlier this year but never did for some reason. Maybe that's why they're visiting Spain now just before they start an official visit to South America.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star View Post
Hopefully there will be many photos of the Jordanian and Spanish royals together when they meet at the airport and the sites they will see.Oh yeah I can't to see the royals at dinner time wearing their sashes and the lady royals wearing their tiaras or a
nice crown what a sight to see.
I don't think so. It's an Official Visit, not a State Visit therefore no reception at the airport, tiaras etc. The dinner is at Zarzuela Palace, not at the Royal Palace, for me it all sounds very low-key.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I don't think so. It's an Official Visit, not a State Visit therefore no reception at the airport, tiaras etc. The dinner is at Zarzuela Palace, not at the Royal Palace, for me it all sounds very low-key.
That's kinda of a bummer but still I hope there will atleast be photos of royals with each other.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 10-15-2008, 05:24 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star View Post
That's kinda of a bummer but still I hope there will atleast be photos of royals with each other.
Don't think we'll see much more that the pics taken prior to the dinner on 18th.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Rania of Jordan will visit next Saturday, the 18th of October the sedate of Arabic House in Madrid, in the frame of the visit that will realize this day Spain together with her husband the King Abdalá II.

La Reina Rania de Jordania visitará el sábado la sede de la Casa Árabe en Madrid. europapress.es
Old 10-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

king and the queen made a state visit to Spain in 1999,excuse my ignorance here but how many time should past before pay another state visit??
Old 10-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
king and the queen made a state visit to Spain in 1999,excuse my ignorance here but how many time should past before pay another state visit??
I don't think there's a specific time limit but because they are most important diplomatic meetings between countries they tend to be less common.
State visit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For example Rania usually visits the US once a year for CGI etc but those are not state visits.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I cant wait to see queen Rania in spain again ....
Old 10-18-2008, 05:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

P.Hamzah and Noor departed with the king we'll have pics for the cute princess soon
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 10-18-2008, 06:42 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
P.Hamzah and Noor departed with the king we'll have pics for the cute princess soon
Great news Xavi83 ..... cant wait to see her ...
Old 10-18-2008, 07:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
I'm really looking forward to all the photos, it will be just like the Dutch state visit then.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:13 AM
Royal Highness

King starts working tour to Spain, Latin America

Amman, Oct. 18 (Petra) His Majesty King Abdullah II, accompanied by Her Majesty Queen Rania left for Madrid ahead of a state visit to Chile and two working visits to Argentina and Brazil.

In Madrid King Abdullah will meet King Juan Carlos of Spain and hold talks with Spanish Prime Minister Jose Zapatero on bilateral relations and developments in the Middle East, particularly with regard to forging ahead with the peace process and supporting Palestinian-Israeli peace talks. News